slide motorsport 1JZ powered 350z

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by MATT200SX, Dec 12, 2010.

1. MATT200SX

MATT200SX --------------------

time for me to start a project thread!
    after selling my last drift car, the s14.5, to fund living it up in aiya napa all summer and setup costs of the garage the time has come to start building something new :D
    wanted to do something a little bit different that would get noticed and altho i love sx's i just couldnt think of a way of making one stand out from the rest plus ive been there and done that so a 350z seemed like the perfect option.
    i couldnt afford a full car so started looking for a damaged one or a rolling shell, except the totally written off ones on ebay there wasnt much about that i could find.eventually got talking to lee (r35lee) off the 350z forum who said he had the perfect car :D
    pictures will be better than me describing it but its basically got a little bit of roof damage and o/s/f wing is fooked. the cars 100% straight chassis wise tho. im having it minus the engine , gearbox and interior.he's delivering it to the garage next sunday so then the madness can begin
    basic plans are to strip as much weight out of it as possible, full cage, custom wiring looms, all the safety gear and probably an sr20 :wack:
    engine choice isnt 100%, all kinda depends on money in a couple of months time when i come to fitting it, its got to be around 400bhp tho

2. MATT200SX

possibly the slowest built car in the world but seen as it got so much attenstion on here i'll stick a very tiny update up...

shit progress, not alot to see but here you go
    [​IMG]

main reasons for slow progress is too much work at the garage and also everything that ive done so far is sooooo time consuming e.g removing every bit of sound deadening and drilling a million spot welds out to remove all the unneccasary shit!

i like them so much ive bought another as my daily now :D

[​IMG]

3. magicmat

magicmat Active Member

Tw@t ! so jealous of the daily !

4. NIcad7

NIcad7 DRIFT*DIVISION

You running 17's front 18's rear on your daily?

5. MATT200SX

no mate there 18's all round, just changed the rears last night as it had 275/45/18's on it so looked wank and scrubbed abit. fronts are 245's i think so going to put some 225 or 235's with a lower profile to match it abit better then lower and wider :D

6. be11

be11 camber king

Looking good. Love 350s. I see your unit still has the shocking pot holes! Haha how is the business going?

7. MATT200SX

cheers mate. i only rent the place so im not tarmacing the carpark lol i do need to fill in some holes since the snow tho :( it was amillion times better than last time you came tho.
    gargage is going brilliant, always fully booked so cant complain, wish it was quiter sometimes so i could work on the other 350

8. be11

be11 camber king

Bored of 200s now then :D

9. MATT200SX

far from bored mate, just fancied something different to drift and then the opportunity came up to have this as the daily. thought a pair of them would be pretty pimp lol

10. damo_s13

damo_s13 unknown

looking good mate. cant wait to see the 350ty drift car up and running will be mint

11. NIcad7

NIcad7 DRIFT*DIVISION

Cool, is that rollcage one of the ones from Advancedme? They look real nice think ill be buying one when I free up some cash :nod:

12. MATT200SX

yes it is, made by custom cages, ame bought 5 of them, cheap as chips for what they are aswel. they sit tight as fook to the bodywork, a little bit of a jigsaw working out what goes where but top quality.

and theyre top lads at ame aswel :thumbs:

13. Tj-S14a

Tj-S14a New Member

Jealous

Hiya Mate well jealous... not satisfied with 1 but you have 2 Z's to toy around with !!

Why the change form the Z33 engine/tranny??

:wave:

14. BillyBoy722

BillyBoy722 Member

had a look on the website and a look through some of your projects there and i think this will be the one i will me keeping a eye on the most, not that the rx8 wont be intersting with the rb engine.

might have to ring you up and talk about getting my skyline down to you and get some work done by you so that it could pass a mot so that i can start getting it to drift days.

Will

15. MATT200SX

the z33 power just wouldnt cut it competively, at the time i was negotiating the deal i had most of the bits for a 400bhp sr so it was an obvious choice.

the other reason behind it is to be different, i like different :wack:

16. MATT200SX

cheers for having a look on the site, thats what its there for :thumbs:

unfortunatly the 350z will be the slower project as thats mine whereas the others are all customer cars so they all come 1st obviously. i think the e30 will be an animal when its completly done, the guy wants quite a few extra's fitting over the course of the year.

the rx8 is such a massive conversion that its definatly going to take some tweeking to get perfect but i no we'll get there.

you/anyone is welcome anytime at the garage whether it be to have a look round, buy some parts, book in some work or just pick my brain :D

17. Tj-S14a

Tj-S14a New Member

Hiya mate I'm breaking my 700bhp project S14a at the moment and have the fully forged engine and all the toys up for sale, if you're interested I can pm you the list of all the items I have.

Cheers

18. MATT200SX

ye pm me the list please

19. magicmat

magicmat Active Member

700bhp SR engine and more work coming your way, cant be bad !

20. Tj-S14a

Tj-S14a New Member

You Have PM :thumbs: