Template Errors: thread_view

1. strpos(): Empty needle in /domains/forum.driftworks.com/http/forum/library/Lgpl/utf8.php, line 444:
    443: 	</div>
    444: </div>';
    445: $__compilerVar11 .= $__compilerVar14;

2. strpos(): Empty needle in /domains/forum.driftworks.com/http/forum/library/Lgpl/utf8.php, line 444:
    443: 	</div>
    444: </div>';
    445: $__compilerVar11 .= $__compilerVar14;

UK Police and attitudes

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by CanCer, Feb 15, 2011.

1. warby

warby Lifestyler Deluxe

+1.

A good number if the coppers over our way ride bikes, go out at the weekends on the mountain where 150mph is easily doable and legal. They're just like us, in my experience of them unless you get one that's on the rag, everyone has bad days, your fine if your civil.

One even had a fully veilside kitted supra with quite possibly the loudest exhaust I've heard, but never saw him skid it :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. - Fezcock -

- Fezcock - Guest

Lol Ive been pulled over driving round in the dead of night several times :wack: this is almost always because of shifts I find myself unable to sleep a lot of the time, so I go for a drive - Generally end up in Redditch :wack:

When the Police Officer runs my car through their OBC/Blackberry for a PNC check - My keeper details come up as "Void" (long story but everyone at the station I work at has the same)

Each time ive been pulled its because of no other reason that my keeper details are blocked and im usually in my pyjamas :wack:

They pull me and wonder over, ask me what im doing, I quite happily oblige and tell them and why my keeper details are blocked, they look at my ID say cheerio and move on.

Im not entirely sure if you chaps know, but every car that is reported by an officer to a radio operator - should have a job created on it and whats called an AV created and linked into that job.

The AV file you can go into and it will show every "Job" that the vehicle has been involved in in the past - Driving like a twat, drink driving, poss burglary related right through to nastier things.

Guaranteed if you have been stopped once and given a fine or something like that - Your vehicle will have an Associated Vehicle file which will immediately show what you're known to the police for. :nod:

So when the officer calls up on the radio for a pnc check - They also want any AV history on it

3. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

this is one of the biggest reasons i change cars so much!

4. - Fezcock -

- Fezcock - Guest

Lol I dont think theres anything wrong with it to be honest :nod: If an officer is behind a swerving car and the history shows he's been reported for a poss DIC two or three times previously - Good chance the driver is pissed :nod:

5. nissanr34cal

nissanr34cal Well-Known Member

that made me laugh

6. HermaN

HermaN Member

Traffic cops are c**ts, end of! Well at least they are in Scotland, will bend you over and take you up the bum any chance they get. They are A LOT more lenient down south, speaking from experience when I used to live in Reading.

Down in England, if you are nice and polite and don't try and wind them up they will treat you like a human being, in Scotland they will treat you like you've just murdered the queens mum for doing 31 in a 30!

So as mint said, up here at least, they are the scum of the earth IMHO.

7. FireStorm999

FireStorm999 Active Member

if i get spoken to in a scottish accent i think the persons a bit dodgy anyway. :wack:

so cant blame the police for jumping to conclusions :wack:

8. Gary.

Gary. Member

Police have generally been brand new with me, although I got 3 points for parking dangerously. Infuriating.

9. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

only real trouble i was in was over on the isle of man in a one way mountain in a "re-open" situation iirc.

10. OtakuHunter

OtakuHunter JZXBOSS

Only once I got a copper who was a bit of a bastard who fined me and made me Re-Mot my car because my front number plate otherwise they have all been pretty great I must say.

11. rob-325

rob-325 Member

As long as I aint stinking of weed or booze and I'm polite I find I generally don't have a problem.

As someone said a few up, a nice attitude is probably a refreshing change for a copper. At the end of the day, being an arsehole is their perogative, their job isn't to fuck you (believe it or not) but they can if they choose to!

12. HermaN

HermaN Member

Think you misunderstood. I said cops in England are half-decent if you are polite to them (even if you have a Scottish accent. :p), but it's the Scottish cops that are assholes for no reason.

13. e36-italia

e36-italia New Member

ever got in touch with italian police?? (actually police forms...got a shitload of them: polizia locale - polizia stradale - carabiniri)

I did a trafficlight sprint, ah well..not exactly accelerating hard, but shifting at 5500 RPM..
    oeps, there was a polizia locale standing 30mtr away, only noticed when she gave me a stop sign.
    a bit of blablabla further he said (they where in 2, a he and a she-copper) 'you know, for what you did we can take your driving license and fine you for dangerous driving.'
    then he asked to my license...now here's the fun part...i live in Italy for a while now, but I still have a Dutch passport/driving license.
    At the end I got a fine for making annoying noises (a 37 EUR!!)

All the time I just treated them respectfully, and I was curious as hell...my first ticket with my own (first) car.

But the local police is known to be quite a PITA... but so far no experience with that (and i would keep it that way)

unless you own a ferrari/maser ... speeding is not allowed.
    (ever seen a ferrari doing 120km/h on the autostrada?)

14. rob-325

rob-325 Member

Nah, but then again I live in England so it's hardly surprising.

15. Teggers

Teggers Member

So reading from this you have been pulled in the past stinking of weed and booze? :eek: :p

I've been pulled once in 3 years of owning my current s14a. For "accelerating too fast" I think he was having a bad day... I yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full sir'd and was sent on my way with a "calm it down lad!" This was in a kitted, caged-up car so not exactly a subtle one.

16. rob-325

rob-325 Member

Not at the same time :wack:

17. OtakuHunter

OtakuHunter JZXBOSS

Italian police are fucking ignorant. Most take the job just to pull over women to try and chat them up because they all think they look like male models once they put on their uniforms!

18. finchy

finchy snapped hard!

on the island there a bunch of wankers with bugger all to do they pull people with nice cars not just us younger lads either
    but
    on the mainland iv found most of them ok apart from one guy who when i was hit in my car was a complete prick even with me not being at fault ( probably was jus pissed at being up at 4am lol ) but not even close to as bad as island police mainland police never give me any problems

i.e on the way to leconsfield 4 up at 140mph was trying to make first parade got pulled over i was polite explained exactly why and all he said was slow down and keep it under 100 mate i could ave had your licence if i wanted and he said atleast pull out of the outside lane every so often and drop a bit of speed iv got away with alot on the mainland jus by being nice

19. drifty eunos

drifty eunos New Member

I'm in the somewhat peculiar position of being both a Police officer(special) and working in the aftermarket/drifting scene as my dayjob. I drive a battered old roadster with big wide wheels and previously had an S14 I converted to a manual box.
    As the majority of people have experienced, if you act like a decent human being 99% of officers will treat you the same way. The Police have pretty much the same makeup as Driftworks, mostly sound people but a few who's attitude and behaviour gives everyone else a bad name.
    I have a few mates over in OZ and the general consensus seems to be that the law over there are a real bunch of flanges. I genuinely think we're quite lucky with the way we're policed, well, in Devon at least :D

20. Ludo

Ludo Member

I recomend you all watch part 1 and 2 of this video. Also check out all of his videos. You never know, you might learn a thing or two:D

its all about knowing your rights :thumbs:

YouTube - TheAntiTerrorist's Channel

#40 Ludo, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2017