SANTA POD IMPROVEMENT - Version II page 9

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by mitto, Feb 21, 2011.

?

SANTA POD MEIHAN - do you want it?

1. YES - I'd like a greater challenge

86.3%
  2. NO - I don't like the idea of change

13.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smilybrad

Smilybrad Active Member

Please send me details of hiring anywhere that will allow drifting... I thought area's were seriously limited where they will allow drifting, but I'd love to try and organise a day, even if its was just for friends to try somewhere so please let me know.:thumbs:

Brad =)

2. Flipfoot

Flipfoot 三日坊主

Bored at work so....

Heres a pic of Santa Pod - feel free to copy if you want to add anything.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

And this is my input. (Im no Rolf Harris)
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Still get to have the playpens, Kidney and figure of 8.
    Red lines are fences\barriers.
    Green is entry onto track
    Blue is slip road off of track
    Black is skid marks Y0! - You get the idea.

3. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

As i have just Said to mitto,

Im down for helping anyone desgin build a new circuit, any of my experiance, tools Cad, as a desginer/ engineer, is free of charge within the Crusade. Incuding any considerations for H+S and so on.

as for my personal opinion Pod is great for the level it is at, it gets a good turnout.

I agree be it at pod or somewhere else the UK Needs a better developed Track.

I think what the Tracks in Japan get is a high speed section in to good technical bit, which makes for Awesome twinning/trains.

the problem with pod i think 90% is cones, Yes they are cheap and easy to move,

But they gat bashed around even when i was there on a Small course day by the end of the day just about everyone was doing a different Track. With different lines.

SOme of the harder clipping points/cones get moved. then you get some people doing the shortened easy route, people trying to do the original route, which then turns into people doing different lines/speeds, and then its just... sigh..

Thats the main problem i think.

But im all for a new course development as i said, im happy to help.

4. GmasterT

GmasterT Heavy Industries...

So basically this bandwagon wants a slower, more technical track with walls to rub?

5. mitto

mitto -NIGHTSPIRT FAMILY-

shh you arse lol

i'll re-design including the extra bit.

6. GmasterT

GmasterT Heavy Industries...

I cant wait! :smash:

7. mazdachris

8. Andy_F

Andy_F S13+S15=S28?

A lot of people don't really seem to be taking run off areas into account with their designs. Most of these would have no chance of making the health and safety man happy, which I bet is going to be the biggest issue. Unfortunately, we can't just say 'ah, fuck them' as it doesn't work like that. Cars drifting on sections of track with cars going opposite directions separated only by a line of cones isn't going to end well.

Personally, I wouldn't be interested in driving a track which had a solid wall on the fastest part of it, Its easy to say 'just don't drift it' but people will always get carried away once you're in the moment. I would have loved it in my old dedicated trailer queen, but I wouldn't fancy it with my daily drive/drifter. I just couldn't run the risk of possibly ruining my only form of transport, and I'd bet there would be a lot of people the same.

9. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

It needs more jumps and loop the loops.

And more stance and hellaflushness.

And more for the win.

Maybe add a stickerbomb area.

(apologies for not spelling more MOAR by the way, im not cool enough)

10. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

Careful, Jord will be angry.

I vote a big wall, promotes a better driving standard if there's stuff to hit.

11. milez

milez Active Member

Yeah the wall should be sticker bombed.

You would get epic jdm bummer points for rubbing he wall then!

12. mazdachris

In case anyone was unsure, yes the above was a joke...

13. burgerboy78

burgerboy78 SCHWING

just my 2p worth as ive only been once.

but when on the big track i felt nervy about pushing too hard incase i spun and then a more experianced driver crashed into me or anything else trying to avoid my car.

the new track lay out looks awesome

but could you not send out cars in two groups...say experianced drivers that feel confident to run the wall and go all out

and then send a group of " not so experianced " drivers out on the track that arent so comfortable on running the wall

what i mean is i wouldnt be comfortable running the wall but i dont want to feel like im holding someone up behind me that wants to go all out and then have them come past me spinning 4th giving me the wanker jesture out the window because i havnt got "skillz yo"

edit: couldnt agree with andy f's post more

#173 burgerboy78, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  14. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

to be honest id be happy if we had something like this here.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rptDzyQdSrc&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Fyl Fot(33SUIHEISEN.pv)[/ame]

all about H+S and run off?

60+MPH entrys at buxton clocked on a speed gun. sorry what run off?

15. Flipfoot

Flipfoot 三日坊主

16. gary200

gary200 dorifuto

dont know where the fences of any of the health and safety shit goes but from what i have read this caters for everyone.. also nothing perminent required to build it just some water barriers and plastic curbing.. isnt quite as well presented as mittos.

figure of eight and dougnut area
    mahoosive track for advanced group
    smaller kidney type track for beginners/less confident
    would just have to run 2 groups beginers/advanced

[​IMG]

17. PhillE30

PhillE30 Member

Iv agreed to this poll, in the fact that some additions/changes would be worthwhile to POD. As I atteneded on the saturday this month and the queueing for the big track was a bit scary as sitting in a car and then people coming hurtling down the track at you (in mind though it was rammed with people attending) But I understand this was only as the track was being run in reverse, it would have been fine if the exit and entrance where swapped over.

Generally the drifiting and facilites to be able to drift at santa pod is the best in the UK for the general population of drifters. Beginners can go and learn/have fun and even pros go and learn/have fun, its still enjoyable for everyone. I think changing the track is all fine and good, its always evolved and changed (thats why open spaces and cones are great). I think putting a wall in for people to scrub on is going to deter so many people, just from reading some of the Mallory Park threads it seems no 'new to drifting people' attend for the fear of hitting hard things. If it deters people then profits go down and if its not worth the expenditure of running itll end and the Uk will be down another drifting event. From a finacial side of things I cant see why a wall would help, isnt that area used alot for other events/shows and the cost of putting it in when the events are fine without one.

Most of the track layouts especially the one above, the chances of collisions is mental.

Just my 2p and tbh proberly what most people have written!

18. big_dan

big_dan Active Member

I dont know why you dont hold a practice day and invite up a selection of drivers with a mix of abilities and have a day of running different layouts and see what works best

19. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle In Safe Hands

Would you pay £65 to stand around all day watching somebody else setup a track in a way that you don't agree with and only get to drive for 1/3rd of the day?

Nope? Neither would i.

Say you can get a Silverstone carpark and the required insurance for £2,000 a day (i don't know the figures myself, never looked into it) That means you'd need 31 people to turn up and pay £65 each to skid it to break even. That's without you a) Paying for any course to be setup or concrete to be put in place or b) You making a penny for your efforts.

The beauty of Pod is that you have 50 people turn up to a drift day and drift in 4 or 5 different areas. Hence, short cues. 31 people trying to use the same track single track across the day?

[lafayette]Bitch Please.....[/lafayette]

20. mitto

mitto -NIGHTSPIRT FAMILY-

Version II taking into account the larger area!

Same principal but less complicated to work with. Requires minimal set up and break down!

[​IMG]

so, a few white lines, a few cones to mark out which course is being run, job done. many different track variations possible at all levels, including pro and novice. dunno what else i can suggest really.

I have tried to incorporate the designs everyone put up too, well at least the ones that aren't just giant pictures of cocks.

As far as actually doing something like this, im sure we have the skills between the forum members to actually do this ourselves... Pod willing of course!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.