Minty.Fresh X Project-G Roadster

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by mint, May 6, 2010.

1. marcains

marcains Member

love this car, inspired me to get a '5 myself, bloody brilliant and original. props for trying something new and ignoring all the haters (noticed a few on nutz when you were doing this). legend in my books. 'nuff said. :thumbs:

2. mint

mint touch my fruit

Well this hasnt been updated in FOREVER! lol. The car's was put into storage last year in a result of the police not being happy with my car and tyre stretch. Upon getting my points I took 4 months out and went to Japan again.

In the last week I decided to prep the car for the first crail Drift day of the year. I Had a few things to do :)

[​IMG]

My fixed Bride was torn; So I put it in somewhere local to get it restiched, got new velcro fitted to the cushions and then added my new cushions I bought from Autobacs.

I then bought these shit wheels for drifting on from Ebay for £60! WIN!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are the OE 14x6 Impul RS's that came with the car, We gave them a touch up.. and added some center caps from my other random wheels I have sitting about. ROAD LEGAL! WOOT!

[​IMG]

And what better to wrap them in than..
    [​IMG]

Also painted up the skid wheels in Day glow green!
    [​IMG]

Got me 2 new front wings to get shot of the mess thats on there just now.
    [​IMG]

Painted the skid lid visor as the green had all come off! Ready for Crail next sat.
    [​IMG]

Got my Driver rail welded up and painted.
    [​IMG]

So the driver side is done. Seat repaired, Cushions repaired and re-fitted, rail welded and painted.. job done.
    [​IMG]

Got me a G-Wing
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bought a brand new Hardtop :) and another OEM Front lip. Gave my sideskirts away as they were annoying me.

I got my other rail welded up for the pass recliner and I fitted a hyrdo handbrake .. I was done for Crail!

3. mint

mint touch my fruit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im happy to say that this little Mazda did yet another day of Crail without hardly any issues at all. Bar the lack of power;
    Lock felt smooth and the brakes worked nicely.. more lock would be ideal. Im going to get this back indoors for a few months and work on a few bits and bobs.

- Going to fully polybush this car.
    - Sort the engine/box mounts
    - Re-locate the hydro + re-fit OE interior
    - Fix out pipe on hydro
    - New lever for the hydro (Chizfab or Dunkz)
    - Change brakes again all round.
    - New hardtop (with new seals)
    - Hardtop spoiler
    - Duckbill spoiler
    - Autokonex 30mm rear over fenders
    - ARIOS Sideskirts
    - ARIOS Front & Rear Bar
    - Fit OE Archs and flare
    - Full oil change
    - Service coilovers again
    - New manifold / decat / system (Powder coat the whole lot)
    - RS Active Headlights
    - Full approved cage
    - Full respray

Thats the plans.. If i can do it, sorted. If not :) Then meh. We'll see. Aim high though.

Side on for Lynch:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. mint

mint touch my fruit

Few more snaps. Looking forward to when I can force induct it :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:) Im very happy with this car; when im done.. It'll be AWSUM! :D

5. Phil Mann

Phil Mann Member

I demand details on the wing please.

You seem to have an ok amount of lock on the car. what parts are you thinking of fitting to get more? I have been looking at some suspension parts from the USA and Aus.

Why the new hardtop? whats wrong with yours?

6. mint

mint touch my fruit

Hey Phil, The wing is made by a company called formoverfunctionz.com - They only do limited numbers but worth contacting them for more information. I was around £180 for it delivered iirc.

Yeah the car has alot of lock - Im using super seal tie rods from America, however I have my name down for some spacers to fit for that little bit more.

The current hardtop I have is in a bad shape now; It turned up broken when I first bought it (missing a clip) and its been getting worse and worse, the fiberglass is broken and I dont think its fixable, however Im going to give it to a dude here called Kev, Hopefully he can mend it :) The one Iv got is brand spanking :) No more rattling lol. :) So the roof wing will go nicely on it.

7. Bugie

Bugie Member

amazing thread and amazing car mate.. just read it all from start to finish

i actually just bought a mx5 on ebay the other day so will defo have this car as inspiration :thumbs:

8. mint

mint touch my fruit

thread title change win :p you douche bags :smash:

9. Jaymo_sx

Jaymo_sx Well-Known Member

awesome car! if you ever sell this give me a shout! :thumbs:

10. mint

mint touch my fruit

it was up for sale :p but i decided to keep it :) if i change my mind again i'll shout you lol.

Well hardtop spoiler showed up yesterday and got a chance to test fit it this morning :) pretty chuffed, the fit is perfect :D

Just lined it up for now as Im getting another hardtop shortly so no point in putting this on at the moment :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also tried it on the other halfs yellow NB2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

awsumsauce!

11. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Looking good man! get another one for the missus :D

I need another mint sauce sticker for the boot. I had to swap my boot over to a new one as I bent the other one in half :p

12. mint

mint touch my fruit

i think she's trying to steal it before i can get it stuck down... :p

Yeah man, Touge.co.uk do all of them now on their site :D

Minty Fresh

Got loads of cool shit coming out this year! :D

13. lewyS14a

lewyS14a Active Member

Roof wing looks pretty damn awesome , first time ive seen one on an MX5 and i like the good amount of overhang its not like the pussy size ones usually seen on other cars ;)

14. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

That roof wing is exactlly what I want for my s14 to go with my dmax boot one.

Looks real nice man :thumbs:

15. rb20

rb20 Member

You selling your old hardtop? PM me :dw:

16. Will_B

Will_B New Member

Hi mate, just sat and read through every page of your thread and i love it, i joined DW because im looking into getting a 5 this summer and you have just convinced me completely. Keep up the good work mate !!

17. mint

mint touch my fruit

[​IMG]

Not updated this in a while. Iv been doing a few things to it for the last few months. Got the whole car polybushed, replaced all the bolts and nuts for the suspension while I was at it so it was all nice and new, got the arms all powder coated, fitted a new cat back system, new hydro and hydro lines and other fun things like that.

Had crail saturday past, Didnt get there till about 2pm'ish and got 30minutes on track after driving 60 miles with no brakes :( bled the system there and still didnt work so just decided to clutch kick/shift lock and got on fine.

[​IMG]

I also changed the colour, fitted a Vindi duckbill, got new tail lights

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now its a case of getting it ready for Awsumfest. Im considering getting some new R type watanabes all round and plan on ordering some blister archs when cash allows all round, Iv been making my own fiber glass moulds and shit but its gonna take longer than expected to be ready.

So there we have it - Little bit of an update. Got new brakes lines to fit all round, oh and I got some flush bonnet pins too which are alot better than the previous ones which kept sticking all the time. Fitted an ARC intake box for the chamber aswell.. Good times. For the 30minutes I got, it felt nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#177 mint, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  18. mint

mint touch my fruit

Oh yeah forgot to say - Fitted a new hardtop, so much better with like no sticker bombing going on! I also hit a fucking deer last week aswell, So had to order up new headlight motors and panel beat the wing back out..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The green is hit or miss i think - lot of people like it, some still prefer purple.. I dont care so much tbh, as im inside it and dont really see it from there. However green looks better in photos.

19. Gary.

Gary. Member

I fucking love the new colour, was never really so keen on the purple.

For the 30 minutes or so you were out it looked like you were going harder than usual man, shame you didn't get more time.

20. Daniel

Daniel you wa shock

Greens much nicer man!