The Goverment Are Alright....Sometimes!

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Noddy, Apr 6, 2011.

1. w00dy2011

w00dy2011 Member

yeye im from cheddar and i used to go up there all the time in my old civic! gotta be the best stretch of road in the uk love it! but gotta wait a couple of years while i build my s13 and take that up there :D:alschaser

2. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

really?! damn man. didnt realise regular infantry paid so shit! go read some books, do loads of fitness and apply for the parachute regiment= be on ops all the time and make shit loads :thumbs:

agree with you, i dont really think serving members of the armed forces should pay tax at all.

but you cant really compare army wages to civilian, as while if you worked it out per hour, it would be pitance, you have to remember you get paid the same wage wether your hanging out your arse on an operation or on 6 weeks paid summer leave in the pub, so it does balance itself out

ive not got any kids (that i know about) but £900 a month for nursery care and food? does sound a bit like you being ripped off dude. id look into that!

3. Skifledanabit

Skifledanabit Member

I say national god damn service for anyone not in full time education, employment, apprenticeships or care... you know what I mean, these "lazy wasters" on handouts etc, stick em into national service, jobs for veterans in all the services teaching and doing the admin, the "wasters" get to learn about respect and hard work and how fulfilling it could be, they can learn a decent, viable trade (depending which sector they go in, REME etc) and once they've done that for a year, they can go into employment either within the sector they were taught on, or with the skills they learnt...

Ok, so its a work in progress, but you get my point.

the greatest thing is... the sectors could be any government organisation, from graffiti removal to armed services to emergency services!

4. counteract

counteract -o=me

Ah sick man, probably seen you up there a fair old bit before then :D I live in Axbridge.

5. finchy

finchy snapped hard!

haha i wanted to go paras untill my cousin did im supposed to be gettin paid more but shit clerks cant sort there life out hopefully a big lump sum soon :)

as for care thats london ehy terible place everything is over priced its a very over rated place really

6. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle In Safe Hands

This sounds like a wonderful idea, but lumping the UK's great unwashed, uneducated, unmotivated and unwanted on the UK Armed Forces isn't really practical - nor finacially viable.

7. finchy

finchy snapped hard!

yer bad plan no way do i wana fight along side someone who doesnt really wana be there

id rather use them to maintain areas cleaning the streets cleaning up there local areas assisting as labourers for road repairs ect

8. ringer

ringer HOOooo!

I paid tax on 7% of my earnings after NI. :thumbs:
    And I work on invoices too, so I have to be completely straight.

9. iamben

iamben Active Member

From what I've seen on your FB Al, you fly around the world shooting the hottest cars, hanging out with classic drivers and you don't hardly pay for the pleasure of doing it..

Jealousy factor 2 million.

10. ringer

ringer HOOooo!

I won't lie, it's a good job and I know I'm very very lucky. :o
    It works well with cars as I use cars for filming, therefore my cars are treated as business tools - much like the Driftworks S15. Luckily, it's also my hobby and I can use my own companies tools as I wish. The system is pretty fair in that sense.

11. Skifledanabit

Skifledanabit Member

I'm not saying get them out there fighting, just get them doing the domestic jobs, like the TA or American national guard... You know, low risk jobs nobody else wants

12. MATT BOON

MATT BOON Active Member

not gonna lie, but if i was made redundant id be straight down the job center signing on and getting some of my money back!
    but there is no way i would be staying on it, if im not working im bored as fuck.
    id take any job i could (within reason) until i could find something good and steady!

13. DaveM

DaveM flickwandoops

The question is how you get them to do it if they decide they don't want to bothered. Fine them? What money will they pay with? Put them in jail? The prisons are already overcrowded.

Put them in a rocket and fire them at the sun, I reckon.

14. finchy

finchy snapped hard!

see the prisons wouldnt be over crowded if i was prime minister id hang anyone on a life sentance and make it such a horrific ordeal that there would be no repeat offenders plus small crimes llike robbery ect would be solved by removal of the hand or a severe beating

15. Chan Dapman

Chan Dapman Active Member

Fuck the rich.

16. zeppelin101

zeppelin101 Member

You'd do well in some of the Middle Eastern states.

17. mint

mint touch my fruit

wow so much to comment on here.. wasted attempt to bother though.

18. Skifledanabit

Skifledanabit Member

if you put them into basic training/boot camp, then they should learn about teamwork etc... I'm just giving ideas, its up to people much smarter (and more well paid :D) than me to iron out the kinks and details

19. Chan Dapman

Chan Dapman Active Member

Because the armed forces aren't a waste of tax money anyway right. Great ideas guys.

20. Skifledanabit

Skifledanabit Member

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not...