Drift One Buxton Weekender June 25th & 26th. By Special Arrangement!

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by JohnJ, May 18, 2011.

1. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

So it's up to the hills again for the June event, another weekender by special arrangement. This is thanks to the raceway cancelling their Saturday practice session for us. Big hugs to Buxton Raceway. So Saturday you can drift from 1 til 5pm.

It's a tenner to get in on Saturday and drifting is FREE!

At 5pm the circuit will close for general practice and we'll start the first ever twin drift battles. This is invitation only given the nature of the place, but nothing to stop you coming for the first time, showing us what you can do and getting your invite.

If I suspect drinking and drifting are mixing I will get the circuit breathyliser out. The bar will be open Saturday afternoon / evening and Sunday. No food on sale, be a good idea to bring a disposable BBQ. I'm not going to say you can't bring your own booze, but I will say that if the bar takes no money it won't be available again.

We have passenger rides until 12 or just before on Sunday, then the track opens until 6pm. It's still £10 to get in, £10 to drift and £10 to be a passenger. If you were there on Saturday you will be charged another tenner to drift on Sunday.

The venue is beginner friendly, it's so nice to see how the regular guys help newcomers with passenger rides tips and advice. We had a couple of first timers in MX5s last time, if you're reading this guys please post up how you found the day.

We will be trialling the new Drift One Train System at this event. A first for the UK, we will be giving people who are up to standard (and it's a high standard) a Train Sticker. This little sticker goes on the bottom corner of your windscreen and when you get to the front of the queue you will be asked if you want a train. If yes the Train Horn will sound (air horn) and anyone else in the queue with a Train Sticker can jump the queue and go out behind you. If you get to the front and don't want to train (maybe you're practicing something tricky) you just shake your head at Jamie and he won't sound the horn.

Far from being elitist, this system is designed to speed the queue time giving all of you more seat time. Especially beginners.

Now this is the interesting bit. Some of you will have seen Matt Guttman and Rich Baker using their cars to do passenger rides last Sunday. Well once you have a Train Sticker you may be asked if you want to do some passenger rides on the Sunday morning. And that's a paid position. So how's that for an incentive scheme.

Drift One at Buxton Raceway, it gets better and better. Can't wait.

YouTube - Drifting - buxton raceway - Nissans and a Ford Sierra drifting - may 2011.MPG

#1 JohnJ, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 23, 2011
  2. proseal

proseal Member

1. Max M

Can't wait :)

3. chr15_84t3

chr15_84t3 Member

1. Max M
    2. Chris

I'm there! Looking forward to it already :D

4. lukes14a

lukes14a Member

this was actually my 3rd buxton but 3 months ago this is was my first ever drift day, I'm driving budgetdrifters old mx5. You couldnt get a better environment to start drifting, I got MJG to sit in with me for the first few laps to show me the basics and I had an amazing day, everyone is helpful and no one makes you feel like your getting in the way. the wall looks intimidating but you dont have to drift those parts straight away, I started by drifting the infield and the exits of the big bends then on my second visit I was drifting the whole track and although I'd still class myself as a beginer my ability is increasing everytime I come here.

I intend to attend every drift one I can!!

get on it!!:nod:

5. lukes14a

lukes14a Member

1. Max M
    2. Chris
    3. Luke

6. Budget Drifter

Budget Drifter Drift Terrorists

Nice one Luke, Buxton is the most addictive AND dangerous drift venue in the UK. It has been said before; once you skid Buxton, no other track will scare you.

7. lukes14a

lukes14a Member

it is addictive, it should be on twice a month!! I know i'd be there!!

8. Jord200

Jord200 Active Member

ive always been tempted for this but always thought it was for semi-pros upwards!

ive been on one driftday... for about an hour till my 13 popped! lol so technically my experience is NIL.

so would this be a good event to get some good learning achieved for me?

9. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

Put my name down, I don't know how to on the phone,
    Sounds good if the forecast is good then may come up sat and camp. Bit of a treck for us if it's just a washout!!

10. MJG

MJG Active Member

Jord - Buxton is perfect for beginners as long as you know how to keep it in your pants. Get carried away and it will smash your car up, but have a little bit of sense (no skill required) and you'll have a safe, cheap, and awesome time. Buxton will teach you better than most other tracks in the UK. We seem to be breeding a whole new species of hardcore drifters too - WE AIN'T SCARED! I look forward to the Buxton Boys taking over the world soon.

11. chr15_84t3

chr15_84t3 Member

Absolutely, i'd only had my first drift car about a week when i first went to Buxton. As MJG (and in fact anyone who drifts there) says, take it easy your first few times round and build your confidence slowly. There are plenty of people about who will be happy to jump in with you and give you some pointers as well, not me though, cos i'm crap lol

12. Jord200

Jord200 Active Member

sounds brill then!! :D cheers chaps! ill check the calender and get my name down!

13. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

Yeah you're crap alright Chris. 4th in the ODC comp with the most frightening entry I've ever seen?

14. titchster

titchster Member

I'll be there on the Sunday, not entirely sure whether i'll still have my MX5 though, so not sure whether i'll be out skidding. If I have, I will be. If not, i'll watch, and get a few picz0rs.

15. D.I.Y Drifter

D.I.Y Drifter Member

Hi guys we will be there again so that'll make it my fourth drift day and all av been at Buxton. Even tho my first time all i did was drive around the track, didnt even skid thecar t b honest as i didnt wana smash it so i went out and bought another skyline especially to drift! And ive watched bak sum vids ive ad done of myself every time ive done it to see if i can notice any progression and from day one to day three i think i',m getting the hang of it! lol! I need to start learning to use the handbrake next as i just clutch kick it all the time and get my diff locked!! so a trailers next one my list!
    Great weekend for all of us that came over together, sum for the camping, lunatics lol and sum for the drifting, everyone was great again and big shout to the lads on the gate, mucho repecto!

16. rtlkyuubi

rtlkyuubi Member

1. Max M
    2. Chris
    3. Luke
    4. Joe-sef
    5. titchster (maybe)
    6. D.I.Y Drifter
    7. Ryan

Last week at Buxton was my 3rd track day and second time at Buxton and Ive got to say, Ive learnt most of what I know from going there. The amount of track time (especially for the price!) you get is awsome! Practice makes perfect and all that! :D

Deffently gonna try and up my game for the next one and hopefully qualify for the train sticker :D

17. antoni

antoni Member

1. Max M
    2. Chris
    3. Luke
    4. Joe-sef
    5. titchster (maybe)
    6. D.I.Y Drifter
    7. Ryan
    8. Antoni

On it like a fatty on cake

18. Adam s

Adam s Member

1. Max M
    2. Chris
    3. Luke
    4. Joe-sef
    5. titchster (maybe)
    6. D.I.Y Drifter
    7. Ryan
    8. Antoni
    9. adam s

19. D.I.Y Drifter

D.I.Y Drifter Member

Easy pal u did awesome and especailly t say ur in a sierra! I think u guys who r drifting n/a engined cars all deserve that bit more respect as its alot easier in a turbo'd car, or at least thats my view. And ye ur deffo rite about the price mate well worth it!!! And go for the train sticker dont see y not mate, take it easy Mick.
    PS: Thought u wer coming for a burger! lol!

20. Jacko_

Jacko_ Member

I'm keen, scared of the dry though...:nod: