Drift One Buxton Weekender June 25th & 26th. By Special Arrangement!

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by JohnJ, May 18, 2011.

1. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

Just pay your £10 to get in, £10 to get a passanger wrist band. once you have that you can jump in with anyone if they dont mind.

if you see someone with a spare seat just ask, dont get bummed if they say not yet/maybe later, someone will, and its just cause either there trying something out/have a problem.

but 90% of people will let you in, also its totally your fault if you get in a car with someone and your in a crash.

also. big name drivers. - you going to see some guys at buxton, who within the next few years will be. for sure. also have you never heard of mike gayner! haha

ive herd a few other "more well known people" might turn up.

2. Dkmatt

Dkmatt Member

cool cool sounds like a good day :) i might come i dont know yet because my dad might not be able to bring me and i haven't got a car yet :( and hes allready taking me to bdc teeside on the 2nd and 3rd so :confused: well see. if i dont pop down to this one i will be at the next no problem.

3. Jaymo_sx

Jaymo_sx Well-Known Member

looks like im pulling out, but may be present to take shots on track though.

4. Dirrt

Dirrt Delusional Drifters

Who the fucks Mike Gaynor? I heard he's a has been, but still one of the best just without the lifestyler fan base :D

Well known drivers huh Joesef... Interesting. Let's hope the wall of steel brings out some excitement in their driving compared to what I've seen this year. Looking forward to it :)

5. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

Mike Gaynor?

Is he a daytime TV presentor or something? Or in a boy band?

6. Jacko_

Jacko_ Member

With that surname i'd put money on it being a boy band.

7. MJG

MJG Active Member

Well it's only a few days 'til Buxton now!

As a rough clarification:

Saturday

£15 entry fee on the gate, or print out a page of this thread to prove you're a DW member and take it with you to get £5 discount on entry fee.

Free practice (free!) for anyone with a license, RWD car, and a helmet - all Saturday afternoon. You'll have to sign on so bring your driving license with you and we'll issue you a wristband once you've signed your life away.

If you prove yourself capable of drifting the track safely and with control, and you are happy to twin drift (accepting any risks associated with it) then you may be issued a Buxton Drift Train sticker, which means you're able to go out in a drift train of 5+ cars at a time! The train sticker is also your "license" to enter the Buxton twin-battles Saturday evening.

The twin battles are going to be held Saturday evening, the cost is £5 to enter and the top 16 qualifying scores from the evening's qualifying session will go against eachother in twin-drift battles to win a top prize of £100, with second place getting £50.

Saturday night the bar will be open, there will (hopefully) be commentary for the battles, it will be awesome! The bar serves cheap alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks so no need to stock up before heading for the track.

Sunday

Free camping Saturday night, but if you are still there Sunday morning when the circuit gates open - you will be asked to pay £10 which is the normal entry fee to the track. On top of this, if you are drifting or passengering there will be a £10 sign on fee. So usual Buxton bargains! Please note the breathaliser will be on hand for any questionable driving - there is also a huge steel/concrete wall, so be sensible on Saturday if you're drifting on Sunday ;)

The ODC will be held Sunday afternoon - usually around 3pm, so for those who haven't already, please bring your score cards and your game face! The ODC is free to enter for those with an ODC license, but if you don't have one yet it's time to chill-out for an hour or so on a Sunday afternoon and watch some balls-out competition action - for the second day in a row!!

So if I came Saturday with a print-out of this forum topic in my hand, earned a train sticker, competed Saturday night, drifted all day Sunday and entered the ODC - It would cost me £10 to get in, £5 to enter the twin battles, then £20 to stay in the circuit and drift all Sunday. £35 for a weekends drifting, and two competitions, with a potential to win £100 Saturday night!

Tyres are available, with tyre changing costing £5 per rim - the tyres themselves, if they have your sizes, are free!!!

Any questions please post them up in here, or PM myself or JohnJ :wave:

8. driftdog

driftdog Member

Just realised how many people are turning up for this, now im shittin my self with it being my first skid day, loads of 'talented' drifters to avoid/not piss off ohh and a lovley wall to keep away from. haha.

Will be an experience

9. Budget Drifter

Budget Drifter Drift Terrorists

@MJG - sounds more than great, I will hopefully be making it to take some snaps of the action. Keep up the great work Mike, Dirrt, John and everyone else who contributes to DriftOne.

@driftdog - please don't think like that. You will be fine, I assure you. You will not get in anyone's way, or piss anyone off. We all started somewhere. Anyway, the guys on the gate put beginners out with beginners. You won't find yourself in a situation where you have someone pressuring you (unless you want!).
    Also there are no cliques or gangs at Buxton, so turn up, get chatting to everyone, and you will be hooked ;)

10. Pikey

Pikey Active Member

Mint :smokin:

Make sure the weather plays ball :smash:

11. Dirrt

Dirrt Delusional Drifters

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjlUHY2cbC8&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - ‪Too Excited‬‏[/ame]

12. MJG

MJG Active Member

Haha you're right baby!

Sorry Jeff we can't control Buxton weather, god himself can't!

Driftdog - the track will be full of new drivers anyway, especially on Saturday when drifting is free! So don't worry just give yourself space infront and the marshals will make sure they give you space behind.

Mike - be good to see you there

13. driftdog

driftdog Member

will do, :-)

14. chr15_84t3

chr15_84t3 Member

15. Jord200

Jord200 Active Member

me and you will stick together man! my first proper experience too! proper shitting it, no confidence at all! lol

16. Jacko_

Jacko_ Member

Don't worry guys you'll not be the only ones. I've only done Buxton once before and Oulton Park once and both in the wet so i'm going to be shitting it in the dry as well. :nod:

Can't wait non the less. :wack:

17. driftdog

driftdog Member

game of battle shits anyone hahaha

18. Jord200

Jord200 Active Member

as drift dog says, dont wana hold folk up or piss anyone off, but if all beginners go out together then it wont be so bad spinning out all time! lol

19. Colonel K

Colonel K Active Member

Hey guys, been offered a drive in a mates car (Ryan and his beaten ford sierra) if I can drag my arse up from the south coast.

I take it its ok to share a motor as long as both drivers have paid to drive yeah? Assuming there is still space on this sucker! :D

20. Lauren

Lauren Member

Ooh I'm quite tempted. Need to sort out some spare wheels, though I already have a pair of new tyres to drive home on sitting in the shed.

Last drift day I did was a DW ladies day at Silverstone in 2006(!). I also did a DW day in 2005. I've got over ten years circuit driving experience and though I can go sideways, I'm not used to the drifting steering techniques as I've tended to use a fixed hand position historically, so have much to learn. Plus I've just had the car resprayed so will be staying away from walls!

Will have to try and persuade the other half!