Minty.Fresh X Project-G Roadster

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by mint, May 6, 2010.

1. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

New colour looks great.

Them cheap wheels you bought are Kosei Racing Senekas I think, decent looking tbh.

2. mint

mint touch my fruit

Thanks man, Yeah first few laps i wasnt feeling the setup after getting it aligned, however once i got back into the swing of things it felt amazing. Its really really solid and responsive now thankfully, A little bit more power would be perfect :) Considering it had been almost 3 months since id driven it, or even drifted it was good to get back into it, those 30minutes i had more fun than the previous 3 months haha.

Thanks guys, Yeah i painted it looked at it, and hated it. The next day I started to like it. Its one that grows on you i think as alot of my mates still aint so keen. :)

Ah good shout stav! Yeah looks like its them, either or there really heavy wheels!! :p lol Yeah they look not bad for the cash i think.

#182 mint, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  3. SKIDKID33

SKIDKID33 Guest

Love this car, one of my favourites on this forum

4. mint

mint touch my fruit

Really? lol thanks man but its nothing compared to most on here! lol.

[​IMG]

Pic thanks to Dunkz :D !

5. Harlen

Harlen Sum Yung Gai

I prefered the purple :( I've never seen the car in the flesh, but you could tell from the pictures the paint was starting to die a little bit though. The green's refreshing.

6. mint

mint touch my fruit

Yeah man :( I only gave the car one coat of purple (3 cans in total) and the green I used 5 cans. So it got a few more coats.. After going through so many tyre walls, and having various off's here and there and hitting stuff.. the paint was getting destroyed :( so the green is really a bit of an improvement over the condition i think.

Im in a bit of a pickle as of to what to do before Awesomefest, as Im not happy with the car on how it looks, I need to get the wheels/archs corrected.

Im trying to get some 30mm over fenders / front wings sent over in time along with a new lip and rear bumper so i hope it happens. I have also been making my own rear over fenders but i wont have them ready in time..

7. DaveM

DaveM flickwandoops

Looks much nicer in green, shame about the rear arches when they're not filled - get manlier skids wheels :D

Lets have bumfun 1.6 battles if I ever actually make it to a Crail day again, the V8 crew have ostracised me since I started cutting hair.

8. mint

mint touch my fruit

Just wanted to show you the latest shots of some airvents iv been playing with. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mini RS Watanabe R Types and Longchamp XR4's ;) The same wheels I run with.

[​IMG]

More pics on the blog.

www.noonefresher.com

9. JonnyAE86

JonnyAE86 暴走族 大石

EPIC! want to buy some of those rc wheels for my 86 light and wiper switches but always forget to go on yahoo for them.

10. Gary.

Gary. Member

If you crash, that hydro is gonna own you so hard ahah!

11. mint

mint touch my fruit

better not crash then :p

12. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

How? it's behind the wheel :-) I like it

13. ElTorro

ElTorro Commie bastard

That sir, is neat.

14. counteract

counteract -o=me

Loving it! What is the colour by the way? I'm really after something similar, a sort of teal/green shade.

With your wheels, are you just running hub adapters? I cba to read through the thread :p

15. mint

mint touch my fruit

lol :p yeah man im running 4x100>4x114.3 (20mm) adapters. :) However Im just sorting out new wheels just now! :D Super happy.

More RS Watanabe R Types! 4x100!
    15x8 ET0
    15x8.5 ET0!

Which means they will actually FIT correctly with no need for those adapters :) :) :) No more shit looks archs! win! Just got a half cage too. Almost ready for Awesomefest!

16. DPS

DPS Member

Been following this on Nutz, love it!

17. mint

mint touch my fruit

Trying to get things the way I want them for Awsumfest.
    Got my wheels and some new steel nuts as someone has STOLEN mine! Bastards!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got some OEM mudflaps
    [​IMG]

decided I didnt like them and got this bomex rear bumper (now painted) Picked them up from Dan down the road and he also sold me some front wings for muchos cheap (as mine were bashed from deer damage!) :p
    [​IMG]

Then these turned up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also got the matching sideskirts to fit on
    [​IMG]

And an Autokonexion front lip and ordered up a new front bumper.
    [​IMG]

Still got to bleed my brakes, change a rocker cover gasket and do an oil change, oh and also change my brake lines.. what else,.. oh yeah, going into sort the paint out next week too, more to come on that though.

18. mint

mint touch my fruit

As with most people - Iv been trying to get the car ready for this coming weekend. I had a list to get through so got to work from the weekend. Car went into Garage LSD to get the paint sorted out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was on route to the paint shop ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While down, Dunkz swapped in my Goodrich lines and we bled the brakes again, I have a working hydro finally :D

[​IMG]

Went to do an oil change, and put in a new rocker gasket yesterday.. as mine was leaking, to find.. the bolts on the rocker werent really tight, the timing belt had about 3/4" of slack and its jumped. So.. got all that sorted yesterday and also my new leads decided to shit its self in the block. Old one will do for now.

Then went to meet Thacko from Thackophotography to get some pics, this is just a crappy iPhone pic but yeh u get the idea.

[​IMG]

No more PCD convertors, shiney paint, engine running nice (considering) diff is pretty noisy.. so, gonna phone AA today as im expecting.. something to go soon, we'll see.

19. Gary.

Gary. Member

Dude this looks amazing, is there any chance i could take some shots of it over the weekend if you have time? I'm convoying down with you in Fudis car so i'll grab some rollers too

20. mint

mint touch my fruit

Thanks Gary, yeah that sounds good to me :)