1jz manual soarer project

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Adam s, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

as ive said in a few places, that was rediculus.

He should at least be handing over some doller/getting a new shell. i know theres no strict rule and you have to be prepered to pay out.

i take it we dont have a "clarke of course" in drifting yet. i know if i was him and watched that video, id at least be offering to help him re shell it.

As stavros said, at least its mainly a basic shell. If it had been me in your position mate, My drifting would be over.

which is the reason (as well as the heat) i didnt do Gerrards.

As ive said adam anything we can do from this end to help dont hesitate to ask.

hope your not in to much pain.

Edit - i just watched the videos again

And im only adding this now because its what i recall..

Me and chris where on top of the big hill by devels elbow.

We were betting how long the session would last. i bet 3.30 and chris bet 4:00.

So i put a stopwatch on when the session went. i watched you spin, and for about 30 seconds we could see yellows then the Red lights came on the bridge - at 2.17 into the session.

and looking at the speed of the other cars around (the guy that cuts the inside) might have been excused, because they would have already been on it. but the 2 following cars were just cruising it. it would be interesting to ask them if they saw it.

Maybe not in a which hunt style, but this happened to ceffy mike. hopefully its a problem we can nip in the bud maybe with a extra Flag man on blind/bonkers corners in heavy sessions.

#101 Joe-sef, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  2. swiftmini

swiftmini Active Member

Wow what a shame. Gutted for you. Typical skyline owner thinking he owns it :rolleyes:

3. MATT200SX

MATT200SX --------------------

im glad someones confirmed the flag was, i was pretty sure it was but not 100%.

does anyone know who the guy is?

i think the marshalls did a brilliant job but an extra 1 or 2 or maybe even just repositioning them could possibly be better next time. its fine on an fcd day but when there is a crowd the marshall blends in alot more

4. ringer

ringer HOOooo!

You were ripping nicely all weekend man, shame about the shell. TBH, I reckon Julian Smith could repair that, Dan Chapmans silvia was similar in damage and came out straight as a die!

I should point at that at all track days, it is the drivers responsibility to look at the fixed marshalling points for any flags, just saying that it was hard to see isn't a good enough excuse sadly as it was clearly there at the pit wall entrance and the Skyline sadly missed it, and in a freak chance managed to find it's way into your car. I guess that's motorsport though!

Best of luck with the car dude! :)

5. MATT200SX

im not making excuses for the skyline, i agree its drivers responsibity. pit lane one was easy to see, only awquard one was on the back straight, on a normal fcd day the marshall is on the outside of the track, yesterday he was on the inside near all the spectators, was sometimes hard to see thats all.

and yep its the risks you take, just should of been handled better by the skyline driver

6. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

yellow flag means proceed with caution.as al said its the driver job to lookout for the flags. if i passenger i usually point the flags/ danger out to the driver in case he hasnt spotted it.

the skyline bailed to avoid the dark s13 who was stuck in congestion. was unfortuante you were in his path. if everyone who was out on any session stopped drifting when the yellow flag was out it would have been like watching time attack.

im suprised people are suggesting he has to contribute to your repair costs. do they forget that the skyline is also mullered.

shame two nice cars got killed as you both seemed to be driving good all weekend.

7. MATT200SX

main thing im suggesting is a simple apology goes a long way as opposed to the 'i aint fussed ive got another skyline' approach.

8. Adam s

Adam s Member

this will be getting broke now i will be putting a thread up with prices for bits soon.

im going to look at a new car next weekend and its pretty epic

9. Mpig

Mpig Member

THAT SUCKS, im sure everyone would agree if you fuck up someone's car you at very least try to undo what you've done!

10. magicmat

magicmat Active Member

Wish my phone hadn't got lost otherwise i'd be ringing you asking for details !!! :(

11. Smilybrad

Smilybrad Active Member

Hey adam, totally gutted after seeing the video and pics :(
    Hope the new car is getting brought to buxton for its initiation? and hope everything gets sorted soon for ya mate.
    Brad =)

12. Adam s

Adam s Member

im going to look at a nice spec bdc car this weekend mate and will more than likely be leaving a deposit on it.

when the soarer gets over to you i need to come strip a few of my bits off it but im shure karl will fill you in.

im looking for an e36 to use for buxton mate i will be putting the seats and hyro out the soarer in it and chopping the springs

13. magicmat

magicmat Active Member

will the e36 be a daily shitter/skidder? :D

14. Drift Dango

Drift Dango Active Member

I have a e36 325i manual with a welder btw
    well my friend and brads will does but i can always steal it back should u want one

Say £550 private plate B11DSH must be worth something full leather 328i sport shocks etc brand new handbrake cable and all rear brakes when i got it spent around 300 on them there the only 3 series brakes that work :)

15. sulik

sulik Member

Can someone tell me the tyre size of the grids please?

16. Adam s

Adam s Member

There 225/40 on the front and 255/35 on the back there all 10j rims

17. sulik

sulik Member

Thank you.
    I want to get a set of grids for my soarer too. :nod:

Are they ET15 wheels on the back too?

18. Adam s

Adam s Member

Ye mate 18x10 et 15 all round they just needed the lips rolling flat to fit them and have it mega low like mine was