First Drifter BMW e36 325i - CrossShots.

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by CrossOverPics, Aug 12, 2011.

1. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

Hey guys, finally decided to do a Project Thread to show what goes on with our first drift car.

So i recently bought this BMW e36 325i of Mike@TDSW who was selling it for a friend. Bought it for £600 which i thought was a complete bargin as it was a 325 which i was looking for in the first place, already had coilovers on it and is alot cheaper than others on ebay, which none of them were as nice as this.

the day after we got it, we went out and got some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can probably tell i am very, very happy about it and i am very exited to learnand do more and more to it.

Here's the To Do list

Get rid of the small rust blemishes
    Straight through exhaust
    Stip out all the carpets and un needed shit (TICK)
    Bucket seats (TICK)
    Hydrolic Handbrake (TICK)
    Roll Cage
    Stiffen up the suspension (may need new coilys to do) (TICK)
    Change throttle pedal due to slight stickyness
    More steering lock
    Paint it (need colour suggestions)

Also had the chance to go Norfolk Arena on the 30th July and it was amazing for my first drift day in my own car. It handled better than i thought and it didnt even need clutch kicking as i thought id have to do alot of, which i was very impressed with! By then end of the day i managed to link all the corners together and stopped spinning as much. It was awesome! even had 1 or 2 guys ask for passenger rides which was pretty cool.

Here's a few pics. Thanks ammo :thumbs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^ my dad having a go :wack:

Recently bought this off ebay for £70, he said he paid £800 new :eek: but havent had the change to fit it yet.

[​IMG]

Over all im loving it, its an awesome car and cant wait to get more time drifting in it. I'll see you all at Norfolk on the 13th :wave:

#1 CrossOverPics, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  2. Will.

Will. Come at me bro

Looks nice :) good bargain. Just out of curiosity, why are you painting it?

3. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

i just have an urge to paint it, im not too happy with the green, looks boring and old. Which i dont like much. But i have no idea what to paint it to :D

4. Papercutout

Papercutout Active Member

I vote you get a 2'x4' canvas and use oils, they're such a cool medium to work with.

;)

5. eurodave

eurodave Member

looks like a really cool CHEAP drift car lol, i wish we had bargains like that over here, they aint cheap here.... no bloody car is :(

all the best with it mate!

ps... satin green ;)

6. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

I was surprised to even find this so cheap, it was here on the DW forums i got it from. The ones on ebay were like £700-£1200 for a stock 320i. So to get a 325i with coilovers for £600, i was rather happy :wack:

7. iiDazz

iiDazz TrackbloG

Matt black ;) matches your name too then!! hhaaha!
    Nice to see it coming along man, good job your concentrating on the ACTUAL bits for it to be able to drift easier/nicer!

I shall come to Norfolk soon, to watch you :)

8. victim

victim Bimmer Skidder

Got yourself a bargain there fella. I paid £700 for mine in standard form which I thought was pretty good at the time.

9. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

Yeah man, im up there tomorrow :wave:

Yeah i love it, and ive been reading through your thread too! awesome man, i love it, given me a few ideas too :rolleyes:

10. Mike@TDSW

Mike@TDSW Active Member

Glad your happy with it bud. Being used better than when my mate owned it too lol.

11. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

Its awesome and haha, thanks. Going to be taking it as many drift days as possible, also can you ask him if/how you adjust the stiffness of the coilovers?

Thanks.

12. Mike@TDSW

Mike@TDSW Active Member

They aren't adjustable in that way mate. Ebay jobs. Only pricier coilys get adjustable damping.
    You can buy firmer coil springs cheap from merlin motorsport or gaz though which will fit.

13. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

ahh right, thats one more for the ever growing list ;)

14. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

Got a few more picys of the progress, taken today at Norfolk Arena, hopefully drift pics and videos up tomorrow sometime! :D Was a blast, so amazing!

Also noticed today that a Hydraulic handbrake is a must! had a ride with Oli Silcock in the black s13 and he was handbraking and clutch kicking like no bodies buisness! Also gave him a ride in my car and he told me that i should get a handbrake to stop the massive understeer im getting going into the bends. Also said get decent front tyres as they will grip more and kick the back out more. But yeah, solid advice and i'll have to try that out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Straight 6 2.4 litre nom nom nomm :nod:

[​IMG]

^ Sparco bucket seat added, which is amazing also.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Completely stripped the front and back carpets and unnecessary shit out, which weighted a hell of alot, certainly goes alot fast then it did last time!

[​IMG]

Got a bit dirty, and the elastic cable on the back is to hold to boot shut, some reason it wont stay locked, so had to strap it down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:smash:

15. p0w3rsl1d3

p0w3rsl1d3 Guest

are you gona strip the dash as well?

16. bell

bell Without patience

why would you want to strip the dash at all?? seems a good car dont become to reliant on a handbrake dude. also try rally design for coil springs there about 16quid a pair. try and find some 5 series bilstein shocks to go on the back there pretty heavy duty and stop the back bogging down i run them on my e36 and hard is an understatement but great for drifting

17. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

No i dont plan on stripping the dash, no real need to.

hmm, ill have a look at those, as tbh the bouncyness is the only thing that im not enjoying about the car, at one point it even bounced a few times on entry, which was fun for the passengers but not for me :rolleyes: But yeah a new set of coilovers are definetly needed i recon. Thanks for the advice, anything else you want to help me with? :p

Also got a video of me Drifting yesterday at Norfolk Arena in the wet, i loved it in the wet, actually ment i could link turns :thumbs:Not too sure if the link works, if not add me on Facebook - Matt Cross.

Me Drifting at Norfolk Arena in the wet [HQ]

18. bell

bell Without patience

what do you want to know? we have plenty of 36 advice and parts that we have tried ask if i can answer i shall buddy same goes for many other on d.w

19. nissanr34cal

nissanr34cal Well-Known Member

your looking good out there yesterday, i will get a thread up for my missile beemer up soon now i have seen yours hehe :)

20. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

Yeah defo Cal! you looked good too man! (the car) :euge:

and bell, just some advice on how to reduce the massive amounts of under steer and stiffening the suspension a bit.