whey protain

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by stichy, Aug 30, 2011.

1. T.K

T.K kudo fruiting

Eat steak. Run around a bit. Lift stuff.

#21 T.K, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  2. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

Cardio bores the shit out of me too, I have intense sex sessions & dance like a complete moron instead.

I use My Protein, 1 in the morning, 1 around 4pm, 1 after the gym and Glutamine too.
    I'd like to eat more but don't have the money/time, so miss out on that aspect of my training.

Don't wanna be a bodybuilder anyway, so not going at it with the above intensity/regime doesn't bother me.

3. Lead_foot

Lead_foot DWYB ConekillR

Fuck whey protein. A 6-oz. steak has over 50 grams of protein and all the amino acids you’ll need.

4. kam

Yeah I'll just knock up a steak at work, or in the morning when I don't wanna eat, or straight after the gym when I just pounded weights for an hour...

£5 a pop too.

:thumbs:

5. Lead_foot

Lead_foot DWYB ConekillR

Not in bulk and I smoke all my streak so it's lasts ages and ready to eat any time of day.

6. yogi bear

yogi bear Active Member

ive just bought this too. unfortunatly i bought the banana, its tastes like shit!. and also for the price, the product seems a little too good to be true

no, it has about 35g of protein. you must be quite wealthy if you can afford to eat steak everyday.
    supplements are very cheap in comparison and also convient. and that is the whole idea about them

7. Blackadder

Blackadder Rawr!

I've got a friend who eats a steak at 5am followed by chicken breast and home made beef burgers then chicken then home made beef burgers then some form of fish all with greens and other stuff in between.

Now thats a seriously expensive diet.

8. hug - lo

hug - lo Active Member

Lift weights for 30 mins then run or row or crosstraiher for 30 mins - bang a protein shake afterwards and eat well! Oaty breakfast - decent lunch - just watch your sat fat intake! Do that 4 times a week and you'll be rocking!

Anyone that says protein shakes don't work is seriously retarded!

9. Blackadder

Blackadder Rawr!

They do work but they aren't recommended as a replacement. Only a supplement. Food is better. Fact.

10. Dan Goodyer

Dan Goodyer JasonRobertson

Trouble is you can't eat red meat every day - your body won't digest it all. I agree it is a high quality source of protein.

It's difficult to lose weight and gain a lot of muscle - largely because you're asking your body to work in different ways (catabolism for weight loss vs anabolism for muscle gain, hence anabolic steroids)

You could do a detailed breakdown of your metabolic type, lifestyle, diet, etc. But provided you are eating well (i.e, clean) - Reading between the lines I would recommend six relatively simple things:

1) Drink lots of green tea (aim for 4 cups a day minimum)
    2) The moment you wake eat a decent breakfast of either oats or (3) eggs (doesn't matter too much how you cook them, I think poached is technically best)
    3) Run every other day (with occasional bursts of intensity, say 5-10sec sprints)
    4) On the days you don't run try and do some bodyweight moves - start with simple press-ups and sit-ups. Learn how to do both exercises in different ways and make up your own little routine. Eg, 10x normal press-ups, 10x press-ups with your feet raised on a chair, 10x press-ups with your hands making a diamond shape in the centre of your chest. Move on to sit-ups and then do 3x the entire routine. Progress to add dips and pull-ups if you can. Lifting weights will certainly help, but if you're doing them properly bodyweight moves should be all you need to pack on muscle and make you stronger.
    5) After a run or bodyweight workout, try to eat lean protein (chicken, fish, etc.)
    6) Have a spoonful of Cottage Cheese before bed each night

That's very general advice but it's a decent generic base for burning calories/fat, raising your metabolism (and body temperature), and giving your body the amino acids (protein) to rebuild your muscles after exercise.

#30 Dan Goodyer, Aug 31, 2011
  11. Dan Goodyer

Agreed.

Posh protein shakes are for people who are very advanced in their training and know exactly what they want. As a beginner you don't "need" all the extras. E.g, there's creatine in Salmon but not the levels you'd get from a supplement. Generally only athletes and heavy trainers need the extra phosphate provided by Creatine.

Stick to white meat, fish, eggs, nuts, oats, quinoa, etc. [for protein]

12. akinadan79

akinadan79 Active Member

FFS Ted I just spat my brew all down myself....for a second there I thought you'd given someone advice on phys' :D

Redirect Notice

[​IMG]

I'm using USN at the mo' having tried a few.

Though a lot of my mates are using Lindsay's (Pyramid Fitness) own brand which is supposed to be the mutts nuts!

13. hug - lo

hug - lo Active Member

Don't forget some ephedrine to drop them extra lbs :nod:

14. FlikstRR

FlikstRR 330D powered

Dymatize elite whey / casein blend was the best i tried back when i was gyming/doing MMA etc... tasted ace compared to all the others and found it had the most effect.

shake in morning with decent oats
    gym at lunch most days + shake after with tuna sammich
    MMA mon/weds/fr evening.. shake and decent full meal in eve.

Thats prety much what i did... it wasnt perfect but wasnt too intense that i couldnt keep it up

Going to get back into training/diet/ shakes etc very soon as ive put a tonne of weight on being a lazy bastard since i moved and its amazing how knackered I am when I try and ride my MX bike for more than 4 laps!

15. Dan Goodyer

Sorry, just re-read your initial post.

If you're going to the gym 4 times a week you probably have a fair idea of what you're doing already.

I recommend dropping your workout time to 1 hour max and concentrate on full-body moves and make sure you work your legs each time (e.g, squats, lunges). Less time, maximum intensity.

Pretty much any protein will "work" - I've used myprotein and bodybuilding warehouse stuff cheapy stuff and saw gains. It's all in how you train.

FYI - The biggest effect any products have had on me (after months of regular gym work), were NO-Xplode (pre-workout, really made a difference to me) and creatine (but only as I was hitting the gym regularly and hard - I'm talking about performance rather than the appearance of my body though)

ps - totally agree flick! I think it's age. I'm playing football again this year and I've never felt 90 minutes last so long. I am officially old. And fat.

#35 Dan Goodyer, Aug 31, 2011
  16. Ted

Ted DRIFT*DIVISION

You nob,

I nearly suprised myself also, don't know what come over me!

17. yogi bear

yogi bear Active Member

i think you mat be the only one on here NOT talking complete nonsensical bullshit.:thumbs:

to the op. if you want to learn how to fuel your body and how to train then :dw: is not the forum to do it on.
    get over to bodybuilding.com . or muscletalk.co.uk. they will be much more help

18. yogi bear

yogi bear Active Member

:nod:. but the sides are very much like taking amphetamine.
    i use clenbuterol, a little less of the jitters and no hot and cold sweats.

19. kam

Whats with the green tea? Whats in that?
    Cottage cheese for casein?

I really struggle to eat breakfast, just NOT hungry.
    I don't like to look so far into it/make myself do stuff - I wouldn't go to the gym and eat if I didn't enjoy it.

And yeah, whey is a supplement, its a case of cost and convenience :)

20. FlikstRR

FlikstRR 330D powered

Green tea is a hunger suppresant... 99% of 'diet pills' (which i have loads of due to working on some mma websites and getting product in part payment) are based on or mostly made up of green tea extracts etc..

I dont know the science but was told green tea before bed is a good idea just cant remember reasoning lol