Full Circuit Drifting @ Lydden Hill Kent 15th Oct

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, Aug 12, 2011.

1. oxam

oxam Member

Thanks for organizing such a great day! It's a shame I tore the serpentine belt and had to drive back to London to get one and lost four of the sessions....but still had plenty of fun. sorry if I was in the way and kept on spinning, second time ever drifting the mustang. any pics would be very appreciated :)

2. dan4

dan4 Active Member

+1 fair play to the matt black R33's totally killing it but some poor shows elsewhere

Quite a few of them doing this, you'd think maybe they would prepare before?

3. Sea Squirrel

Sea Squirrel Jeff Mills Is Watching!

Well, in the end my car just wasn't ready and neither was Tom's but went along to support. Thought that, as practice days go, that looked pretty much spot on. Few people clearly enjoying learning and a few people totally rocking it. Of course some people out there put on a poor show, it was a practice day! You don't go to Pod and stand there telling beginners they're shite, why say it at a different venue?

Running the competition layout clearly worked really well, gave some nice corners to link and kept the pace high. I just hope there were enough people there this time to justify it running again as that was a really nice atmosphere. Not going to hold my breath though after seeing a session with only 2 people out there after the first 5 minutes. If it does run again then maybe for next time the beginners can get some of the more experienced guys, who'd otherwise just be standing around, to go out with them and give them some pointers to help them get it nailed a bit quicker.

#223 Sea Squirrel, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  4. danboirst

danboirst Member

got to say was great day realy enjoyed it, even though my car wasnt ready an couldnt drive my self :-( . white ps13 and gloss black s14a doin realy :-) . hope they do another day like this

5. jaksey-rob

jaksey-rob Member

Dan we need your car done so next time we can twos up :)

6. danboirst

danboirst Member

yeh you no this, hopefully will be testing after xmas :-)

7. emil_b_g

emil_b_g Member

bronze/black s14 mine was running good day before. First session the turbo gasket went and second session we presume a coilpack went so yes running on 3 cylinders but there wasn't much we could do and decided to drive the most the car can go.

Otherwise great day Lez thanks for organising it hopefully there will be more days to follow because it is a great track.

8. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

Yo Jack that was me, saw ur car but didnt see u, it was seriously under powered yesterday something up with the turbo i only had 0.3 bar of boost,

9. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

Just read through ur feedback, it's all pretty good even steve who had the day from hell had positive things to say, and the circuit we're making all the right noises yesterday so we're lookin good for more days, shame a few didnt turn up as i did turn a few away on friday. The other thing i noticed was the crowd we were drawing to the circuit side, noone was stopping to watch the grippers.

I personally had an epic day, looking at videos i need to pick up my entry speed a bit though, so sorry if i held u up coming into the elbow.

Whos got pics and videos then???? i post mine up later today.

10. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

well done man. looked like you were putting some serious effort in out there! good to see.

emil- damn man, you trying to kill the engine then? as running on 3 cylinders whilst trying to skid really really not a good idea!

11. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

agreed, never going to slag someone off for getting out their and having a go

but lydden hill is a fast track, with lots of gravel and think some people should be far more honest with themselves as to wether they can drive it consistantly enough to not slow down everyone else and end up halting sessions by being stuck in the gravel.

12. steveboiboi

steveboiboi Southern style!

ohhh yeah i know i did it.... didnt mean to and was entirely my fault... something to learn from though.. :) sorry to anyone i pissed off ect.. obviously not intentional but should had thought about it more..

13. steveboiboi

steveboiboi Southern style!

yeah man cheers for all your help... keep it going :)

14. Chimp

Chimp Member

Yesterday was my first track to skid (blue 14a) along with Phil g (white 15) so apologies to anyone we held up.

15. Chimp

Chimp Member

Loads of pics on facebook, add lowmileage photography

16. Wilk0

Wilk0 Member

And how are they gonna know for sure they can or can't if they don't try?

If everybody new to the whole thing stays away, surely there will not be enough paying cars turning up & EVERYBODY will lose out if that means no more events?

17. Chimp

Chimp Member

True that. It's all about having a laugh with your mates and trying new stuff. I for one loved it yesterday, I know I may not have been the fast lest driver out there but I had a right laugh and proper enjoyed myself. Nice one Lez

18. Mattolodis

Mattolodis Active Member

The day was a massive success in my eyes the BDC track was definatley better to run than the full track so well done for sorting that Lez.

I dont think it was so much the newbie learners causing problems it was more the drifters that were all over the place slowing down speeding up, skidding random lines, spinning and generally dicking about, but even that got better by the afternoon.

The Gravel claimed a few but didnt cause any problems or missed sessions, as i say things happen just be aware of other ppl as you could tell ppls track experiance as to how they coped with other ppl on track around them.

Should lead to another great day.

19. MattBristow

MattBristow New Member

Hi Fellas

Just uploaded my gallery from yesterdays track action 15th October 2011 I for one enjoyed the day it was awesome to have drift back at Lydden and anything I can do to help get it a regular thing let me know.

Here's a few to give you an idea:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Mattolodis

Mattolodis Active Member

^^^^^sweeet pics matey