First Drifter BMW e36 325i - CrossShots.

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by CrossOverPics, Aug 12, 2011.

1. bell

bell Without patience

front
    upgraded knackered bushes, thicker anti roll bar, strut braces, either camber washers or camber adjustable top mounts then a good full alignment should see your understeer sorted. either that or slammed on the floor with a good alignment lol

back

definatly check your subframe bushes they will be getting on now there about 25 quid on the bay, then camber arms to get your camber correct and some decent shocks.

to be honest there is other stuff you can do but im sure searching on here will reveal it without me writing it all out buddy, the other thing to note is rack spacers to give you more steering angle

good luck with it dude there ace fun

2. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

Hmm, ive seen th steering rack spacers from Trampdrift, they look intresting, the also have Negative camber spacers, which may need to be bought, but thanks fot your help mate, ill PM you if i get stuck or whatever :thumbs:

On another note, made a quick video of MALX and Chris larking about on the qpod thingy, followed by some dubstep and clips of me drifting :D Not the best quality, im sorry.

Norfolk Arena 13th August Drifting Fun! - YouTube

3. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

Drift Pics from Norfolk!

"the boat" was at home at the wet Norfolk Arena!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks alot for the pics Ammo :thumbs: :wack:

#23 CrossOverPics, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  4. chedbmx

chedbmx New Member

5. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

Qucik video from the 10th :thumbs:

Along with some great pics from my mate Chris Wiltowski (facebook him for pics of your car)

(Logo by me, PM me for Logo/design work)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Probably should have cleaned it first ...

Also slight updates:

Received Hydraulic Handbrake which isnt fitted yet, but will be very soon.
    Going to attempt to stiffen the coilovers slightly by compressing them and screwing them up super tight, if thats no luck then maybe a set of JAMEX ones.
    Looking into new federal tyres on the front to kill the massive amounts of understeer.

Oh and incase you're wondering the gay boot strap ss because the boot has decided it doesnt want to close or lock, so for now it has the strap on untill we can fit some sort of boot latches.

Overall im very happy with my boat :D

#25 CrossOverPics, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2017
  6. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

Haven't updated this in a while.

First of all we got some rubber bonnet clips to keep the boot locked shut and removed the elastic strap holding it closed before.

[​IMG]

Also put this badboy in, which improved my drifting miraculously!

[​IMG]

Also got this installed! Which was a bit ropey at first, not locking and dieing after a good pull but then later in the day once I figured out that speed is the answer it worked wonders! Avoiding me from quiet a few crashes also! Although after a good 5 mins i could begin to smell the brake pads, so they might need to be changed sooner rather than later. So yeah proper happy with this!

[​IMG]

Although due to the handbrake we had to rip part of the centre console out, as it was in the way of the handbrake.... which me made a mess of. Planning to get a sheet of aluminium and laying out the switches also with a cut of switch in the middle.

[​IMG]

Further plans:
    # Get 20mm Spacers for front and rears
    # Steering rack spacers from Trampdrift
    # 16' BBS wheels (not too fused wish these atm)
    # Clear BMW M3 tail lights
    # M3 boot spoler (not fussed)
    # When i can afford it, get some D2 coilovers .. or JAMEX.

7. PhillE30

PhillE30 Member

Think I have a boot spoiler kicking about you can have free.

8. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

9. PhillE30

PhillE30 Member

nope no pm!

10. R32 GTR

R32 GTR Active Member

matt random question but is your diff welded? wheres your original handbrake?

11. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

I have sent a pm, but either way i pretty much just asked if you have a pic laying around?

Yes it is welded and the original handbrake is on the floor of the garage, although it is rather anoying having to leave it in gear otherwise it will roll into a fence, but oh well. We tow it to the track so no need for it to be road legal.

12. nissanr34cal

nissanr34cal Well-Known Member

matts gay and loves bum, who did your handbrake and how much of a ball ache is it, also what size is your cylinder :p mine is a girling 0.70 i need to fit it to my e34 soon but it is a case of getting round to it and i have to fit it at the track so even more of a ball ache

enough of me you are really starting to look good out there i will be trying to keep up with you on the 26th

13. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

You're the gay :euge: But yeah my dads mate who's a mechanic done it, although he said it was a pain in the ass as he said the original brake lines weren't copper, so he had to change them completely ... so yeah, and i'm not sure what cylinder it was just a £70 one off ebay. But it works! which is all that matters. And when you're putting it in be aware of the centre console as we had to rip it all out because it was stopping me from pulling it. Or just make a vertical handbrake leaver :wack:

Gl fitting it, lemme know if you have any problems ... oh and don't forget to bleed them after.

14. R32 GTR

R32 GTR Active Member

Dont get a 0.700 A 0.625 is whats needed. Thats what i had and it just wasnt good enough to lock up a BMW caliper. I'm just about to sell my Hydro so make me an offer if you want? Its an OBP Vertical - 280mm handle.

Matt if its not road legal than thats fine ignore me :)

15. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

#35 CrossOverPics, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  16. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

Not much has gone on over the past few months. The only two significant things that happened is that we fitted a Straight Through exhaust onto the BM and I passed my Driving Test. Other than that it's not really been touched.

Still got a long way to go with it such as new coilys, more lock, induction kit, spacers, camber spacers, tidying up the inside as it's a state and lock spacers but i'm jobless and moneyless so they're going to have to wait untill i source a job.

Pic of the "Straight" Through exhaust. Looks a bit dodgy but it works as planned and sounds awesome (in my opinion)

[​IMG]

Few videos with the new exhaust:

[video=facebook;10150734515659993]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150734515659993[/video]

[video=facebook;10150857902054993]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150857902054993[/video]

Only one minor set back i guess, noticed this when it was on full lock. It seems to be rubbing the Brake lines quiet badly, so either going to have to get some spacers or relocate the brake lines. The cable thats already snapped off is the ABS cable, but we dont need that so its fine.

[​IMG]

Other than that it's all good. Still enduring its punishment at Norfolk arena. Which is good, hopefully some Pod days this year with new coilovers. Well, if i find a job that is.

[​IMG]

#36 CrossOverPics, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  17. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

18. nissanr34cal

nissanr34cal Well-Known Member

oh hellll yeeeeeeee just wait till next time i want wheel rubbing on my door