Luxo barge sleeper!! Toyota JZS161 Aristo, 6 speed Manual, 700HP+

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Polo, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

Thoght id share this with you lot as i know it will go down well here!
    OK unfortunatly its not mine, its one of my customers cars iv been building slowley over the last while.

As with all my project threads, il mainly let the pics do the talking, im sure most will get the idea of whats going on in them.

1st up is the turbo setup, its a Whifebitz kit, with a big BorgeWarner turbo, twin Turbo smart gates and a posh 3mm thick walled manifold.
    [​IMG]

Mk4 supra master cylinder fitted using the original heater matrix hose hole and a new one made beside

[​IMG]

Custom 3" intercooler pipe work
    [​IMG]

Huge 4" core intercooler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had some nylon mounts made for the V160 shiter cradle as the old ones wer worn out
    [​IMG]

A set of Vibratechnics engine mounts fitted. Worth checking these guys out, well priced and a hole range of fitments.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used a MK4 Supra pedal but chopped it up and changed it so much its hardy one any more
    [​IMG]

Had to change all the leverages to make up for the lack of swing due to the chassis only ever coming as auto, the other two pedals are alot lower. If id have fitted it as it came from a supra the pedal would have sat about 5-6" higher than the brake and clutch.
    [​IMG]

I also had to make a custom heater matrix pipe to make way for the pedal. I must say at this point, iv proberbly spent more than 20 hours with my head in this foot well and had the pedal in anout out about 30 times! lol
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

So next it was fueling, no normal fuel system will flow the fuel needed for the power this will be pushing, so every thing on the fuel system was changed appart from the tank and level sender!
    I made a fuel pump holder from scratch, to house two walbro pumps
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also had some nylon threaded top hats made, these are so i can get power throgh the new holder with out shorting out or leaking.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then it had a Whifebitz 1000cc injector and fuel rail kit. NOTE: every thing is in black to retain the sleeper/stock look.
    [​IMG]

HKS cam belt and new crank oil seals front and back
    [​IMG]

Oil cooler tucked in between the rad and intercooler, iv also managed to retain the A/C too!
    [​IMG]

The inlet needed a bit of shaving to fit over the fuel rail, its rather tight!
    [​IMG]

Full braided -6 fuel lines, twin feed, single return via an Aeromotive press reg.
    [​IMG]

The V160 mounted up with a custom propshaft, light weight flywheel, uprated clutch, custom exhaust and fuel lines.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sandwich plate for oil filter relocation and oil cooler, also drilled and tapped for extra sensors for the Syvecs ECU. It will monitor oil press, temp, fuel press etc and retard the ignittion acordingly.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pump holder in situe, not bolted down in this pic thogh
    [​IMG]

And i managed to get it all behind the stock bumper with only minamal trimming!
    [​IMG]

#2 Polo, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  3. blackmx5

blackmx5 Member

Looks great mate! Id kill for a car like this. Are you keeping the ginormo-spec auto brake pedal?

Dont mention heater matrixes & 2JZ engines! Changing the one on my Supra almost ended me!

4. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

No that was one of the 1st things to go in the bin when the car came to me, its having a normal hand brake fitted.

Edit just re read your post!
    And the answer is still no lol, the big auto pedal has been chopped down and a normal rubber fitted the same size as the clutch, i cant find any pics thogh.

5. davey

davey Active Member

this is fucking awesome son!!! i was sooo tempted to do this but what with being a porper and what not, i thought i was stay clear :wack:

question i want to know the answer to, what this going to be worth when its done? theres not to many manule versions of these been done!

6. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

I wouldnt have a clue, its worth what some one will pay for it i guess. The only one in the world i know which is any thing like the spec of this is the Friends racing one, IIRC that sold for £22k a few years back, but thats was 1000hp, stripped out drift car and a HKS catologe.

7. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

Love the car and love the work dude.. The manual conversion doesn't look as easy as I first though.... How do you feel about making some more of those pedals for me and mike?:thumbs:

8. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

I dont! :p lol

Much effort, id have to either take a jig from this one or some thing, im not making any on the car again!

9. blackmx5

blackmx5 Member

I'd have to say that a manual aristo is high up on my list of dream cars. But also equally high up in the list of "cars I could never afford". Shame it's such a lot of work.

10. D4parts

D4parts Member

good choice on going with vibratechnics for the mounts they are awesome quality.

11. Dex

Dex kut!

awesome! :D where did you get that oil filter sandwich plate contraption? i need one exactly like that!

12. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

Im not sure mate, its very nice thogh, it only came with two sender holes thogh, which one of was in the wrong place, so i made 3 new ones and blanked the wrong one.

13. Karan

Karan Active Member

Brilliant work yet again mate

14. docwra

docwra Active Member

Your fab skills are getting better and better mate, thats a proper nice finished product :thumbs:

15. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

please please make me a clutch pedal.

As usuall your work is epic and has seriously come ALOOOOOOOONG way since seeing your shit box s14a at lydd with horns on the boost pipes lol

16. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

Yeah the pedal does look good... Polo, please make a batch, there's enough of us with aristo's/GS's I'm sure they'd sell:thumbs:

17. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

i'd have two straight away tbh ( depends on cost and i can supply pedals )

18. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

19. Andy_F

Andy_F S13+S15=S28?

Amazing work. Want one. :nod:

20. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

Cheers guys.

I don't mind making more pedals but that would involve removing this one and making a jig, I don't want this job delayed any more and I'm sure the owner does not either. Il have to run it by him. Also need to make sure this one works 1st.

#20 Polo, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012