DWYB Weds 8th Feb - Beginner and Advanced Drift day

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Lex, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Lex

Lex www.dwyb.co.uk

[​IMG]

DriftWhatYouBrung is a day at Santa Pod Raceway aimed at those who want a safe place to practice the basics of drifting without fear of kerbs or the cops :D

Free tuition is available from any of the DWYB marshals who are happy to give some pointers - many of the fresh starters who have attended so far have been able to link the whole track by the end of the day :nod:

To ensure Minimum queue time,maximum seat time (tm) there is enough space for :

1 x Large Main DWYB Track - based on EDC 08 layout

1 x 'Kidney' DWYB Demo Track

3 x Newbie play pens for fig 8s, donuts etc

Details

60 cars maximum - 50 in advance and 10 slots available on the day

Marshalled

Gates open from 8.30am to 5pm with drifting from 10 am to 4pm - no lunch break

105db Noise restriction - please ensure you car has mufflers and bring bungs if it is very loud

Twinning

Helmets recommended for DWYB advanced track only - not needed for playpens or kidney

Full Tyre changing facilities : £5 per rim + £2 disposal if needed

There are toilet facilities on site

Sue's Cafe :worthy: will be open from 9am til 4pm

Booking

£60 per driver - booking ONLINE direct with Santa Pod here

Santa Pod Ticket Shop

or

on phone 01234 782828

Please note that phone bookings incur an extra postage charge of £3 for 1st class and £6 for recorded delivery

Online booking for print at home tickets at reduced cost of £60 stops at 4pm on day before - after this time price per ticket is £70

If you make a booking and are unable to attend you will be given a credit for a future DWYB date by phoning Santa Pod and arranging to return your ticket by post - sorry no refunds

£10 for spectators on the gate - available in advance to reduce queuing time

Bring with you..

As many spare tyres as you can fit in the car
    Jack and Tools
    Petrol can
    Baby wipes
    Warm clothes
    CableTies
    Driver's Licence for sign on - plastic or conterpart

If its your 1st Drift day make sure you read this thread by Paz :thumbs: Basic Drift Day Prep

DWYB website with future dates : DWYB - Drift What Ya Brung

Frequently Asked Questions

Please read these before posting a question that is answered below

How many tyres do i need ?
    Lots - rule of thumb as many as you can fit in car. There is nothing worse than being at drift day with a working car, empty track and no tyres

Where can i get tyres from ? Rent spare rims ?
    Contact the chaps @ MINT TYRES.COM

Where can i get pics of from ?
    Contact Ian @ Blackett Photography

Can my mates come out for passenger rides ?
    Yup

How much does it cost ?
    It costs £60 in advance per driver and £70 per driver on the day

Can i pay on the day ?
    Yes. It costs an extra £10

Is it fully booked yet ?
    Once full i will post up 'Fully booked '

Help it has sold out - what do i do ?
    We hold back 10 tickets at every event as people often do not turn up. Advance tickets are £60 - Pay on day £70

Help I have bought a print at home E ticket online and dont know what to/dont have a printer
    Print your ticket at home. If you do not have a printer you can go in to the office to the right of the main gate to get it printed out.

Help i have booked but my ticket has not arrived ?
    If your ticket does not arrive in post in time just collect one from main office before you drive up to track

Help my car has died / i got arrested / my GF is expecting / i crashed so i cannot make it - what should i do ?
    Phone the pod booking office to arrange to get a credit for a future DWYB

What will the weather be like ?
    Check - Weather Forecast

What happens if it rains ?
    DWYB will run regardless - you will use less tyres and more petrol

I want to have a go at the EDC 08 track but not sure about it ? HELP!!!
    Just ask one of the marshals who will hold back the queue and let you out for a few laps at your own pace

I cannot be bothered to read the 1st post so i'm going to ask a question that has been covered in the 1st post. I need the post count !!
    Please do not be shocked if you are teased as a result. Its all about the seat time , not the post count !1!11!!1

Do i need a welded diff / Fancy JDM 2-way ?
    a diff that locks both wheels will help - however its not vital for you to come along and have FUN

Do I need lots of power/ Stage6.9chip/ SuperDuperHybridTurbo/ 2JZ
    Nope.

2. lozza

lozza ChickFoot FTW!

You're busy this morning Lex lol.

I'm coming to this one, first time skidding the car in over 6 months eeekkkk

3. Dedman

Dedman Member

If I can find a way of getting tyres TO santa pod I may well be down for this one!

4. Haynesey

Haynesey Active Member

Once again as long as the car is done I will be there!! (hopefully will be this time)

5. Lex

Lex www.dwyb.co.uk

What tyres do you need ? Im sure if you contact Mint Tyres they we be able to get whatever you need at very fair prices :nod:

6. Dedman

Dedman Member

Thanks for the tip! I will try tomorrow, I need anything that's an 18 and holds pressure lol. Problem with the 350 is that I can only get rims with tyres on in it, and that's NOT going to be enough :p

7. g-lar

g-lar Member

im doing this and cant wait. but can someone tell me... has pod been resurfaced or potholes filled. im hearing rumours but want to know for sure...

8. Lex

Lex www.dwyb.co.uk

Potholes got filled last yr. Some have come back because of the freezing conditions last yearr and due to people doing static burnouts.

They asked me to mark out the worst one in dec which will be filled again shortly.

9. titchster

titchster Member

I'm hoping to get down to this, money dependant.

10. Mark_D

Mark_D Active Member

I did see you marking out in december dude, the fact pod are filling them is appreciated :)

Just thought it might be a good time to mention, there are a couple of really bad bits I do find are slowly f**king my car. Where the tarmac joins a difference section of tarmac there is a line the width of the track on the bit next to the railings where many of us go into 3rd gear which is like a jump, really annoying.

Theres also two lines where the tarmac joins over the back where you handbrake and go back into 2nd. Is there no way pod can cut down these lines and re-fill it with tarmac?

If it wasn't for these pod would be perfect IMHO

On a more exciting note, I will be making this one! Will pay nearer the time, should be good :D :D :D

EDIT:

Very quick photoshop, i'm sure you know where the bumps are but without these pod would be spot on, i'm sure others would agree :thumbs: If you look in the black boxes you can actually see where the tarmac joins, its a killer!

[​IMG]

#10 Mark_D, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  11. Lex

Lex www.dwyb.co.uk

I will be sure to flag up your concerns next time i speak to pod management.

They are currently under a lot of pressure due to lots noise complaints from locals so money for improving DWYB may have to be spent on noise reduction measures before it is invested in digging up big chunks of tarmac. If these issues are not addressed asap there is a chance that the council will simply not allow drifting at pod on the future.

The council and pod bosses are already pretty cross at all the numpty drifters who slide past the local schools and those who dump dead tyres in surrounding roads.

So for now we may just have to do with the space we have got an enjoy it as much as we can while we still can.

12. milez

milez Active Member

I will be going to this one. FINALLLLLYYYY:)

Doesnt sound good for the future of dwyb :( Are they planning putting noise regs in?

13. Mark_D

Mark_D Active Member

Thanks Lex :thumbs:

I'm sure you're aware of those little bits as you've been to Pod more times than me lol although I did think it was worth mentioning because as I said, without those bits Pod would be virtually perfect. It wouldn't take that much to address that really.

With regards to the other bits you mentioned, pod is an awesome place to come and would be a shame if it got closed down or silly restrictions put in! I think we can all help make sure that doesn't happen but then there is always someone to ruin it!

14. yaz731200

yaz731200 Member

gona try and make it to this one but will have to pay on the 1st feb, is it as buisy on a wed compared to a sat?

15. Mark_D

Mark_D Active Member

Nope. Wednesdays are especially "not busy" while the saturdays are on dude

I personally avoid saturdays

16. Brycey

Brycey Member

Booked and paid for me and my mate. My first drift day so gonna be an experience...

Think we gonna have 4 drifting and few spectating too.

Cant wait!

17. n1tr0_9

n1tr0_9 Member

Im hoping to be there, also my first drift day!

18. Brycey

Brycey Member

Least I won't be the only newbie then

19. lyf

lyf Member

I will second the bits about re-surficing. Completely fucked my bottom arms on sat and if you hit them wrong, it spits you back out the wrong way. Could the track not be adjusted slightly to lessen the impact of the bumps?

As regards to the dicks fucking around outside of pod, how can this happen!? The legendary "twats, don't be a twat" speach must be falling on deaf ears, perhaps change the word twat for cUNt!? Lol

I shall be attending this one too...

20. bell

bell Without patience

im in, first time skidding pod in 2 years its been a while am looking forward to it