Focus Cosworth

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Cochyn, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Swamp

Swamp Member

If you read his replyes he says he drifts the car too, just enjoys laping times more, i think its a great thread.

How does this car act when drifting? I drove an ST170 in the winter and the relative short wheelbase made it quite a handfull when having fun on snow. Do you run a Sierra/Escos beam, or the later WRC spec Irs??

2. MrLuke

MrLuke #172

[​IMG]

Well its a good start.....but room for improvement :p

[​IMG]

3. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Short wheelbase? Focus have a longer wheelbase than an S14! Same wheelbase as a R32 Skyline, lol.

Is this like Top Trumps, if so...

[​IMG]

4. RyanH

RyanH Lacks skills

What engine is in that one? :confused:

5. tippers

tippers Active Member

Looks like an EsCos rather than Sierra YB

6. lownslow

lownslow Member

it also has 2 more cylinders

7. Cochyn

Cochyn Member

Supra engine in the Norwegian one, quality build that one. Now has WRC arches, which is a shame I thought. But the thing can't do straight lines, wasted power :( But it'll be rectified to utilise the whole power.

The blue one's Andrew Gallacher's old second Mk2 he built, but Charlie Shaw owns it now. Mad boys :) Andy built my shell in 2007, and I took it all apart and built what it is now.

@ Swamp

Finally!!! Someone that can read :cry:

Yeah mate, it's got a Sierra rear beam. To be honest it's great in a drift, despite being wider than a sierra it's a little tail happy because it doesn't have the big ass a sierra does weighing over the diff. But still very enjoyable, rose jointed and solid mounts here and there. Only problem was the chassis legs, as you get more lock to lock throw on the sierra steering rack than a normal Focus. So it used to hit the chassis legs, but not anymore :)

#47 Cochyn, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2012
  8. Hanska

Hanska Member

Winning.

9. Swamp

Swamp Member

Stavros: My bad, the car just seems so short and on snow is really twitchy, its a load of fun.

Cochyn: Very nice, going for an 6deg adjustable beam then? What diff are you planning also? Alot of people fit Supra diffs they can take a beating and arent so pricey as the 9" unit.

10. Cochyn

Cochyn Member

That's right Swamp, it was the Jag diff that was used more commonly as it has various ratios. But there's a few that have adapted the Supra diff ss it's like you say, a very good diff. I had a gripper on the focus, but didn't really like the way it performed, so I have another on the way to replace the one that's on the car at the moment. 6 degree beam is a must, transforms the car and I've been putting it off too long. It drifts well in the snow and is quite controlable, when focus on it. But sometimes during regular driving, it catches you out like the ice incident. But shit happens, I don't have anything hide.

#50 Cochyn, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2012
  11. allywrx

allywrx Member

Ah cool I wondered where this car went. A guy I used to go to school with used to bomb about in it. He was one of Andy Gallacher's chief hangers on lol.

12. Jamie-PS13

Jamie-PS13 Active Member

Well.... I think it looked better as a sleeper.

13. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

Like the car and would love to see it skid.

How do you find the lock?

What's it like drifting a swb car?

Do you find it quite front end heavy?

14. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

Oh really?!

Learning everyday :D

15. RobD

RobD Member

How the hell did you manage to get that in there? :D there was a focus on eBay not so long ago with a 7m-gte, I thought it was photoshopped! :D

16. kieran_e1

kieran_e1 In need of practice

it's not true til you've posted it with custard

17. -sideslide-

-sideslide- "ent it"

18. SteveC200

SteveC200 Used to drift, now I don't.

I've deleted all the retard bullshit on this thread. The guy says he drifts the car so it has every right to be here. So keep your traps zipped please unless its related to the thread. Thank you.

19. Cochyn

Cochyn Member

Many thanks for that Steve ;)

@ Reeper

The lock was an issue, but it isn't anymore since working more on the chassis legs. Pretty good considering it has a sierra rack, you get full lock and enough to play with, but it'll never be as much as you'd expect from an S14 for example. But it does well enough :)
    Front end is spot on as the end sits a little further back, so there a decent weight distribution tbh. Truth be told until you open the taps, it feels like a normal Zetec Focus :lol:

20. neon drifter

neon drifter Member

Hi

Just read FAST FORD MAG and seen your focus cosworth in it, it looks grate and the work that has gone in to that car WOW . Fords one of the best manufacturers in the world they make some of the world most famous and awsome car . Grate build you will have years of fun with it ,grate job.

D.:thumbs: