Thinking of building a track, what do people think?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by D.I.Y Drifter, Apr 6, 2012.

1. wiganer31

wiganer31 Member

big jcb,big stu a few buxton lads and cheap tarmac what more do you need lol, you dont even have to build a track imo, just a big open space (ie carpark type thing), a few road cones etc

2. kieran_e1

kieran_e1 In need of practice

one of the best fun tracks in the uk right now is teesside. simple kart track with 5 decent corners.

keep it simple keep it fun and you'll get plenty of folk flocking to your door.

best of luck

3. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

I think it's because people on here expect dreamers all the time etc and just presume its another one as its not often this type of thing comes along.

I'd be very keen to see it develop but I think as others have said just go for open tarmac and use plastic barriers so track can be changed

4. bell

bell Without patience

if it happens im in for some skids, good luck on it!

5. rutter

rutter Member

It's all he needs and we'll make it a epic place just like buxton well said pal really hope this pulls off and I'm sure all the buxton lads and driftone staff will help as much as we can on this I'm game for some graft to make this work

6. Adam s

Adam s Member

deffinatly would put some graft in but lets see what comes of it , some ones guna have to throw alot of cash into it

7. fudi

fudi More Doors 4 whores

if its not far scottish boys will flock just look at ndc rd 1 and how many turned up there

good luck buddy if your gonna go for a certain 'style' of track then i think meihan maybe is a good thing to aim for simple straight into mad first corner with big wall then 3-5 corners after with varying levels of intricacy with simple islands of grass/mud so things like dirt drops etc are not frowned upon (make it long enough and you could maybe hold sprints on it )

8. wiganer31

wiganer31 Member

same here, be more than happy to help eith the shit just like digging etc and i know alot of the buxton lads would help, i say between aload of us we build a big flat and throw some cones on it cheap as poss

9. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

in the north west - look at the turn out at buxton - simplest track in the world. and its packed!

10. wiganer31

wiganer31 Member

your rite about buxton being the simplest track in the world and its pretty awsome, loads of familiar faces, camping, bar and cheap as hell

11. docwra

docwra Active Member

Sorry John, but in my experience people with £75K odd knocking about and the contacts to build a racetrack dont come and "gauge interest" on a webboard full of dreamers. When they start agreeing that a "few big lads from Buxton" can sort it out then I become very dubious.

I honestly hope Im wrong, but if DW really is the best place to start looking at a project like this Im surprised, in my experience this is a lot closer to the mark:

Your next step is to talk to environmental health and get told theres no way on earth they would let you do something like that without proper drainage, consideration for contamination and noise, and thats before youve even got to the planning stages. Like I say, I hope Im wrong though ........

12. m.d.

m.d. Active Member

As soon as you start offering something like this out to the public you get hit with every law and legislation going. Don't forget what country your in. Our government does everything they can to prevent anyone from having any fun with all the red tape.

I for one would love to see more tracks popping up. Would also help prevent streeto at the same time.

Down here in the south west there is so much space to do this it's untrue. But nobody does and there must be a reason for this.

13. blackmx5

blackmx5 Member

I have nothing to add but good on you!!! The north needs more things like this!!! I know we have buxton but you can never have too much!

14. BillyBoy722

BillyBoy722 Member

Sweet good luck Mick

15. hug - lo

hug - lo Active Member

The general reason 'things like this' don't go ahead is cost involved and licensing.
    This however isn't an issue in this instance! The land is already under the corect planning to allow this type of usage as is the local authority regs!

Hold in tight people.. this may NOT be an instant pop up BUT I have no doubt this WILL happen! :thumbs:

16. be11

be11 camber king

As another Buxton lad I'd put in many many days of graft to see this happen. My dads got a couple of jcb's and dumpers that could be of use if we can get them there. Where's the site?

17. wiganer31

wiganer31 Member

18. greenbug22

greenbug22 Member

hope something does come of this, and if mick does sort something out then i dare say that a few peeps would help out in anyway poss',(maybe a few big lads from buxton hahahahaha) i personally work in the haulage industry and at present work for a supplier of said expensive black floor coatings lol sounds posh ehh!!!!:wack:

19. kyky

kyky Member

Hahahaha Stu loving the posh name! As others have said always willing to help in any way

20. m.d.

m.d. Active Member

Doesn't need to be anything more than concrete for drifting like most of the air field events are. Concrete is the cheap option too.