Thinking of building a track, what do people think?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by D.I.Y Drifter, Apr 6, 2012.

1. CrabsterDrift

CrabsterDrift Callum Craddy

I'm constantly at Teesside... Working/Drifting/Biking and so on! But I'd happily travel not so far to skid at a purpose built track! Something like Meihan/Suzuka kind of thing (Awesome flowing corners, a wall near the pits, tight AND speedy sections).

If all this happened, Maybe Jen/David would be able to speak to you about running a round of the Northern Drift Championship there when alls completed if its still going ;)

2. ChrisL200SX

ChrisL200SX Member

Yes, yes and fuck yes!

As mentioned in earlier in the thread, and the last one about the MCFC thing, a few people have said they'd be happy to come along and lend a hand getting stuff moved/built ect.

Simple track! OR a big open space and cones, I know its not as awesome as a track, but it means endless layouts!

3. lukeyg

lukeyg Active Member

Another Buxtonian here.. would also be willing to give as much help as possible if the ball gets rolling ;).. good luck!

4. docwra

docwra Active Member

5. big_dan

big_dan Active Member

you just need a bit open space a line marking machine and some lime and you have a track

6. SimonMitch

SimonMitch Member

Love it, make sure there is nothing hard to hit for us morons and lots of people will come!! I'll come and camp if its too far from Leicester!!

7. MJG

MJG Active Member

Mick - We'll speak at Buxton but I hope from this thread alone it's obvious, Buxton and Drift One are behind you so let's do it. I'd be very interested in the design stage of the track too, if it gets that far. I think open tarmac is great but probably more expensive than a 2-lane wide track, and you can always widen a track and add new roads as time goes on.

8. wiganer31

wiganer31 Member

9. Si-Sideways

Si-Sideways Member

This sounds promising, and im willing to help in any way possible

10. Ramplin

Ramplin Member

I would love to see another track in the North west. It wouldt need to be massive, just smooth with 4-5 linked turns and bingo. if it was good track and you ran the every other weekend and had 10 drivers at say 65 quid its 1300 a month. not a bad earner if you already own the land. if it cost 75k would take roughly 3 years to make profit though. I have a machine ticket for 10 tonne digger I would happly come and play/help level the area for free. good luck I hope this turns out for the good

11. Smilybrad

Smilybrad Active Member

Starting to sound interesting now! As said I'd be more then up for helping out and could drag a fair few guys up to help with equipment...
    Will try to get to see you at Buxton but Brothers new baby means I'm on family duties this weekend :(
    Brad =)

12. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

what uk drifting doesnt need is another big boring open space with cones and some lines painted on. These places teach you the basics of drifting and fuck all else.

You need an actual track that has a verge, proper boundaries, long, short, tight, big flowing corners and straights that teach you proper controll of speed and steering and somewhere that you actually have to concerntrate and stick within the track

Lydd and teeside are the perfect examples of what you need just slightly bigger and faster

you also dont need dirt tracks ( as suggested earlier ) anywhere as that would last about 5 mins before its un even potholed and fucking up peoples cars

if it were me i would have a U shaped track about the width of a decent dual carriage way and a carpark style pits

bit like this :

[​IMG]

13. Ramplin

Ramplin Member

Agree with above, I think this would work a traet and keeping people interested in come back time and time again. How far north west? As I would also like to take my moto X bike for a play
    :nod:

14. SX_BIG

SX_BIG Active Member

take some time to think up a track.. take some ideas fom all the awesome bits of the jap tracks. it can have linked bits to make alternating tracks etc etc.. but an actual track would be great.. not just a tarmac area. either way, good luck. i would pay and travel up / camp or whatever to have a go on it for deffo. if i could lend a hand to help out i would do.

15. hug - lo

hug - lo Active Member

Maybe something like a semi track?... Just idea-ing?!?!?....

[​IMG]

16. MrLuke

MrLuke #172

17. m.d.

m.d. Active Member

Would be useless for drift practice days as cars would need to cross which would be like destruction derby lol.

18. mint

mint touch my fruit

I agree with something like - So much so, I took the idea to PAINT!

[​IMG]

:p I also think if you do this, you should plant tree's around the track, not in stupid places where it will effect the crowd seeing but in places where it would make it feking ace to drift through. I also feel the first straight should be on a down hill... seriously.

19. Mike@TDSW

Mike@TDSW Active Member

Cefiro drifta just drew lydd lol. Not a bad thing though.

20. MJG

MJG Active Member

I hope you guys don't get on the design team if this goes ahead! Haha.