UK Police and attitudes

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by CanCer, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Nathanshird

Nathanshird New Member

so here is my story:

Saturday morning about 0130, went to local industrial estate to get some practice on two roundabouts. Did my thing started driving home, about 5 miles away past the police station halfway down the road, 2 police cars and unmarked car pulled me over straight away.

Officer asked me what i had been doing and reminded me that a helicopter had been watching me :O
    Apparently the helicopter was randomly flying over when it caught sight of me, and started video me.

Went for an interview last week and im waiting on my court summons to come in the post. Any ideas what the penalty will get this time, got 3 for speeding already. I wish they would let me off because i learnt from the past time, i found a safe place to do it, no traffic no pedestrians etc.

2. darylb

darylb New Member

if they have evidence of you, they could still try and do you for dangerous driving even though there was no traffic or pedestrians.

quite sure my mate has been done for this aswell

3. Nathanshird

Nathanshird New Member

Yeah they showed me the helicopter video at the interview, it was in control and i didnt cock up.

4. darylb

darylb New Member

did they say the drifting was good? lol

i don't think that matters, they'll still see it as driving with out control of the car i reckon.

what did they say the summons would be for? dangerous driving?

5. MrLuke

MrLuke #172

Ha.

If you had learnt from last time you would be at a track not an industrial estate at 1:30am. At least that will be their reply.

Obviously not the first time they've stopped you for it so cant see you getting let off either.

6. Nathanshird

Nathanshird New Member

yeah true, its hard to find time when im working 24x7, and most track/drift days are on week days. I confess in the interview that it looks like dangerous driving but it was in a control manner and no harm to others.

7. docwra

docwra Active Member

Slight exaggeration perhaps? I work pretty hard myself, so Im usually in bed by 0130 ........... if youd been a week earlier you could have gone to Santa Pod too ;)

8. Nathanshird

Nathanshird New Member

haha yeah but past 2 months i have had to travel and work weekends.
    First time in awhile i have had weekend off, looking at going to Buxton this weekend, still a begineer but better than getting caught by police, shame this no where closer i can practice

9. docwra

docwra Active Member

Barkston Heath in Lincolnshire is probably the closest place for you mate, keep an eye out for Blyton too :thumbs:

10. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

Learn from your mistake.. Worst case you'll get down for due care attention.

6pts prob and fine.. Worst would be a short ban but unlikely

11. sx-si

sx-si anti-copy parts

bet they straight ban him, if it gets any publicity then they will try an make a point
    thats the risks of streeto unfortunatly
    what they tryng to charge you with?

12. Nathanshird

Nathanshird New Member

Is Barkston Heath open to public to drive on?
    I think they are trying me for dangerous driving, but still waiting on the letter in the post. Thanks for you help everyone

13. Car Media

Car Media Doughnut eater

You have to request copy of the footage if your off to court! :nod: :D

14. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle In Safe Hands

Was on the bike the other day on the motorway and came across a police car cruising along in the fast lane. I dropped down to 70mph the same as everybody else and cruised along for about 5 miles before the boys in blue came along side me and waved me on basically saying, "Don't hold yourself up on our account" I gave them the "OK" sign with my hand and they gave a thumbs up. I rolled on and proceeded to fuck off into the distance.

Sound as a pound.

Actually never met a police officer that has given me a hard time about anything other than when i have been really asking for it. Most are nice guys and have their heads screwed on. If your being safe and not stupid then they will leave you alone (usually)

15. scouse

scouse Active Member

Unless it's the last week of the month and they have to get the numbers up:).

16. SX_BIG

SX_BIG Active Member

ive been pulled over around 30 times now since i started driving. when i use to roll around in fiesta ( 1.1's to xr2i's) i would be pulled over at least once a week.

on 99% of occasions the police have been fine. I tihnk twice i have had dickheads... but thats all they are.. dickheads. They are not the face of the police. the face of the police in my eyes is the copper who pratically whatched me be a knob end in my 180sx and then said 'look, ive gotta give you something (had radio'd it all in).. your numberplates in your window, ill give you a £30 on the spot' scared the shit outta me after a 20min lecture and i never did it agian lol

IF all cops where nob ends, i wouldn't have got my liscence outta his hand.

I've always been polite to police ( bar one occasion where i thought it was just plain unfair.. but even then we had a long chat about xr2i's loL) and they hve alwys been polite back. If I was old bill, and someone was a bellend to me, i would fuck them up as best i could :D

17. mint

mint touch my fruit

Cops down south sound like pansies.. cops up here in Aberdeen are corrupt as fuck.

Trust none of them.

18. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

ha guys, yo aint seen shit till you been to north wales.

19. bessell

bessell Member

This man speaks the truth, probably because they have fuck all else to do so get excited at the faintest hint of a nick.

20. MrLuke

MrLuke #172

We've been overtaken in a 30 in a village in wales while copper was watching. Pulled us over for fog lights on.