UK Police and attitudes

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by CanCer, Feb 15, 2011.

1. SX_BIG

SX_BIG Active Member

'pansies' no, some ounce of sense; yes.

2. hug - lo

hug - lo Active Member

I had a riot van pull me over in my work van today, quite literally for a chat! now thats a public service! :thumbs:

I should add my work van is a very plush sign written vivaro!

3. Zero-D

Zero-D Member

Where about in north wales? Im in denbighshire and the two times I have been pulled were for, fog lights and coming out of a town going round a roundabout and back into the same town! Copper said sometimes drunk people do this, so he breathalised me and said tara. Both times they where sound accept for that rediculous reason to pull someone although I have heard the further along to bangor you go the more arsy they get.

4. Henry G

Henry G Member

Most of my experiences with police in devon have been fine, i have a clean liscense and no section 59s, have been pulled probably about 25 times in nearly five years of driving, all for basically no reason as where i live nothing realy happens and there seems to be far far too many coppers. In a local gathering place for car enthusiasts, your lucky if you see them less than 20 times (no exageration) in a evening, they never stop to talk though, as there is never anything unlawful going on. They just burn through the countries supply of fuel driving round and round the same lap of town continuously like 24hr Le-mans waiting for something to happen.
    I have been pulled in a 30 before doing 35 by a marked traffic who had been behind my old standard golf daily for a while, he accused me and my passenger of being stoned as "people usually drive up here much faster than that so i assumed you were intoxicated or on drugs!" passed the breath test 00.00 and he asked why i was driving so slow, my reason was that there was a marked traffic car following me! He said good point, well done, on your way.
    Weird thing is that my s13 is matt purple, noisy, slammed to the floor on chrome stealies with poke, and stickered up windows and ive never been pulled in it, all my previous cars wer hatchbacks and road rally cars and they got all the popo attention.

5. AndyS13

AndyS13 Member

Never had a problem used to get pulled every month when I was 17-19 driving modified/fast cars never had an issue although some of them were rather cheeky once they realized there was nothing they could do you for. The only time I was stopped and it annoyed me was when they accused me of throwing a small bag out of the sunroof when they were following me. I then requested the officer to attempt to open the rusted shut sunroof on my sierra which he failed to do and they proceeded to do a drug search on the vehicle! To say I was pissed off was an understatement!

#125 AndyS13, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  6. dave_noble

dave_noble Member

Ive been pulled over for a "fucn low" sticker offensive apparently.

7. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Unfortunately almost every time I've ever been pulled the coppers have been total bells.

Almost all the time accusing me of things that are ridiculous/impossible, then lo and behold letting me go as they have nothing they can do me for as it was fucking ridiculous/impossible. Literally hundred plus times over the years I reckon.

"Following me" from an area I hadn't even been in, then pulling me as they "expected me to speed off, but didnt, so we pulled you anyhow" and then questioning me about my "broken boot lock" which I explain wasnt a boot lock, but was an LPG filler neck.

Actually had one copper pull me and claim a car with no rear seats is illegal and dangerous as it loses the chassis structural integrity. Right-o!

Fucking spastics.

I can actually only remember getting pulled 4 times in my life for something I had done wrong, one time got 3 points and the others I was let off. And they were perfectly sound barring one time the woman passenger copper was trying to give it loads.

8. nicksource

nicksource New Member

I've found if you are nice, don't be witty or cocky, you get let off, be their friends, respect them.

I've raced a marked X5 in my Golf at 110mph, completely dumbass thing to do, they were right up my ass at night, so I couldn't see, thought it was a boy racer and flawed it.

Few roundabouts later, the blue lights came on and I tried swallowing my license thinking I'd never see it again.

Simply discussed how you shouldn't drive and let me off.

9. Jayzzle

Jayzzle New Member

I got tugged a few months back, 8pm, just pulling off from a set of lights, I wasn't driving fast or recklessly, and they said the only reason they pulled me was because my golf was ridiculously low and sounded very loud. Generally they were very nice people, talked to me like a human, not an ounce of arseholeness about them. I don't think I could fault anything they did.

A previous time I got pulled over was moving into my girlfriends house (right oputside it funnily enough :S). They pulled me over because my car pinged the ANPR for no insurance, tax and mot, and because I had no rear window. I showed them my insurance certificate, they looked at the tax disc in the window (which was valid) but I hadn't realised that my MoT had expired the day before. I explained why my rear windscreen was missing (because like a bellend I smashed it while closing the boot with a bunch of crap piled up) and they replied with, "it's late, neither of us need this, get the window sorted out and carry on" I was pretty happy with that.. Most of the police dealings I've had around Birmingham have been pleasant. It's like a lot of people here have already said, treat them with respect and civility, and it will be returned.

10. Boo_kong

Boo_kong aka boo_kong

Strange but I never get pulled over. Then again I do drive pretty slow on the roads... I save it all for the track a d as I look my age they tend to just leave me alone.

11. Piercy

Piercy Skid Skid Skid.

i find them ok over here... The one thing i do find infuriating is being followed. They assume that cos im driving a modified vehicle i about to street race or something. I got pulled once when i was out on a drive trying to fix my civic. He assumed i was out street racing when he pulled over and my car continued hunting revs... yeah course i was out full on street racing by myself the twat. Similar situation in asda, i look rather young for my age.. i was buying alcohol. The fat bitch of a supervisor followed me and my mate round the store. We started doing laps of the isles just to make the fatty lose some weight. I was standing in the queue commenting how i felt like a cake and that she was going to eat me.. stereotypes adn judegmental twats = bullshit.

They day i purchased my Nissan me and a friend where at some lights - me behind him. We accelerated away quite hard (giving the new car a little fun seeing how it faired up to him). Now, im not really into street racing just lil bit of a burst and then thats me all done. Just as i was about to ease off (from the pull away, maybe 10mph above speed limit by now, not a lot), my mate slams on the brakes cos he had gone racing up behind the car in front... hate people who do that. Anyways, next thing in my mirror, a lovely looking 7 series comes flying up my arse. Next, set of light come up, me and my friend are in the left lane and just sitting in my blind spot in the right lane is this 7 series. Leaving a gap in front of them of about 2 car lengths (nissan lengths in fact lol). So by this point, i know whos behind me and why. Pull away from the lights my mate goes straight over, as i get to the lights i indicated and did a quick left. Lil sneaky but very deliberate. Next thing, blues go on, he cuts round the wrong side of the island comes up behind me and pulls me over. Lil bit of a lecture later and all fine just a warning. Reason i did the little cut left? well if were gonna get points for the little race, when we split ones gonna get away one wont, down to them which they wanna follow ( i hoped they would follow him, mine was a big standard s14a, his was a stupid sticker covered bee infested vtec civic.). Either way they let me off. Biggest thing that ticked me off is, if my mate hadnt slammed the brakes on and we drove normally the rest of the drive i reckon they would of let it slide.

So yeah, generally i find they are ok i just hate the stereotypes they have.

12. Nathanshird

Nathanshird New Member

Went to court and it looks like im getting a 12 month ban and fine GREAT!! :(
    My solicator is fighting it thou, he mentioned hes seen alot worst were people have been in car chases and mounted kerbs etc
    Guess it teaches me a lesson but they have caused more problems, think about it.

If i loose my license mostly likely loose my job, meaning they don’t get my tax money from working, then i will have to go on the doll. The points system does seem stupid sometimes should just give out fines, at least the government would get more money and sort out the stupid situation they are in. All dreams i guess lol

13. Chesh

Chesh Member

What the fuck.......what the fuck are you talking about lol!!

Last couple times I've been pulled recently, just make it obvious you understand why you've been pulled over and don't be an idiot, as long as they see you know the situation and acknowledge their authority then they're fine!

14. FireStorm999

FireStorm999 Active Member

Not true always. Ive had a couple of jobsworth.

Been to court twice because of the jobsworths and proved not guilty.

You can get some right wankers for no reason.

15. Timx5

Timx5 New Member

I was pulled over by the police outside the Airport ragging it at silly speeds on my 3am commute. It is scary when they walk up to your window and due to being slammed, you look out being sat at their waist height, and can only see the f**king great big rifle they all carry. "We thought you were trying to escape us sir". (in fact i'd just picked up a sh*tter daily golf 1.8 while i was building my mx5, blacked out windows, no paint, couldn't see the police car, let alone escape it)

5 minute chat later, showed them the coilovers (has the suspension collapsed sir?), the back box I was about to fit, produced every imaginable document attaching me to the car showing i'd only had it 2 days, work uniform on, empty roads... "you were the wrong side of 3 figures, but because you passed the attitude test, we'll let you start your shift on time. Slow down, or we'll do something next time."

16. Swampy442

Swampy442 Active Member

Never been pulled by the cops, don't drive like a dick. Coincidence?

17. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Yes, as I've been pulled countless times while driving totally normally in totally legal cars.

18. FireStorm999

FireStorm999 Active Member

Indeed.

Not so much in totally legal cars. But been pulled countless times in the silvia because it looks like it should ve pulled. Its what cops do.

19. smokindrifter

smokindrifter Member

The filth in my experiance are people that cant get proper jobs and have an obsesive power disorder !!! the prats that fill in as community ones are so stupid they cant even get into the full fat team ! all best avoided IMO :thumbs:

20. Swampy442

Swampy442 Active Member

Guess it must be where you live then. In Lincolnshire, in my experience, they leave you alone