Bmw e34 525 tds

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Rossc0, Mar 21, 2012.

1. c180madness

c180madness New Member

could you please explain how u did the evry mod on ur bmw i am on my second and really need to squize a few mor poneys if i am going to head up to drift fest.

2. JDS Custom

JDS Custom New Member

your car is awsome!

3. NJ.

NJ. Member

Seen a lot of guys making engine mounts out of soft aluminium... cant be that hard to make them up? if youve got access to a tig welder that is

4. Rossc0

Rossc0 Diesel Skidder

I replaced it with a standard item for now, as i needed it fixed ASAP. Hockey pucks are about £1.20 each and all i need to do is drill a hole through the centre of them. Its a tried and tested method, its cheap and seem simple enough so for now, I'm gonna stick with that. At some point in the future, i may look into the alumium one. But im not very skilled with a welder, and any monkey can operate a drill so Pucks it is :)

5. Rossc0

Rossc0 Diesel Skidder

thank you

6. Rossc0

Rossc0 Diesel Skidder

I dont suppose your the same guy that has asked me on several different forums, constantly asking which colour wire it is?

7. NJ.

NJ. Member

I thought you were joking with hockey pucks lol

What are they made from? sounds like a good little trick

8. Rossc0

Rossc0 Diesel Skidder

Really hard rubber. Cant see them lasting more than a year before they break up but theyre not exactly hard to change. Google it mate, been done a few times, cheap option for solid engine mounts

9. c180madness

c180madness New Member

no i have looked every were on google and after getting borred of looking up about the evry mod i decided to have a flick through this nd then i spotted that you had it done. just wundered what two wires ya used and what ohms you have it at now?

10. Rossc0

Rossc0 Diesel Skidder

Ah i see. Its the injector pump return wire. I used a 1k ohm variable resistor, but could do with something less, going to try a 500 ohm next. Make sure all your boost pipes and fuel lines are all ok before doing this. Didnt take long for the pressure to burst a couple of my fuel lines. I had the EVRY mod on full whack last night having a spirit drive down the hill road from my house and blew my intercooler pipes off, forgot to do my weekly jubilee check!

11. Rick_GEEEE

Rick_GEEEE Member

im loving this thread mate - ive recently bought a 325tds and this is exactly the thread ive been searching for! top work fella...

12. Rossc0

Rossc0 Diesel Skidder

Cheers mate. Yeah most of the stuff youll need to know should be in here lol

13. Rich330

Rich330 Member

Good project man, I like it. Revving a diesel to 7k? madness :)

14. Rossc0

Rossc0 Diesel Skidder

On the lookout for a 524TD manual Pump if anyone heres of any for sale. I have an idea...

15. Rossc0

Rossc0 Diesel Skidder

Think my lift pumps fucked now, losing power and torque, feels like its getting starved of fuel

16. RichIS

RichIS Member

replace it with a facet solid state pump the one that runs around 12psi and is sold as a race carb pump did wonders to the response to my tds! and liked the veg/derv mix i was running better than the std lift pump and as for a mech 524 pump get in touch with "dieselmeken" do a google or facebook search he can also do the work to the pump to get alot of power out of them.

17. Rossc0

Rossc0 Diesel Skidder

All of thats been covered several pages ago but thanks anyway lol. I have a solid state pump waiting to go in

18. RichIS

RichIS Member

ah cool have read the the whole thread but was a while ago ! and fyi a freind of elias, the one who has that used to have the 325 tds touring holset in that vid, he's got a tds on std pump with just under 230 whp .im keeping elec pump on my c250... well for now any way

19. metaldrift

metaldrift Member

Maybe consider a new exhaust with a nice chimney?

[​IMG]

He's running evry mod and home made manifold and slightly bigger turbo, bigger IC and he's picking out over 200hp
    I read somewhere he's running at 2.5 bar!

Anyhow awesome ride ! :D Keep it up!

20. passat

passat New Member

werry good work.