Resprays? Where and how much?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by nicksource, Feb 28, 2012.

1. lozza

lozza ChickFoot FTW!

as cheap as £600

No?

Agreed and anyone who pays £1200 for a basic paint job on a drift car when they can spend £600 on a vinyl wrap is a mug in my opinion.

I'm not, i just had my car wrapped.

:wack:

Anyway, i'll now leave this thread to get back on topic of resprays so he can get some recommendations of where to go :)

2. -BodyArt-

-BodyArt- Member

The labour involved in a full respray is more than triple what it takes to wrap a car. Thats where the money goes,on the 20hours+ of prep.
    That and the materials cost considerably more as well.
    I agree that double the price seems alot but,when you take that wrap off you are more than likely to need paintwork because of what the glue has done to your factory paint

Anyway you're right lozza,the OP asked about resprays not vinyl wrapping. Thats the information I replied with.

PM me for me info.

3. Hadderz

Hadderz Member

blimey ladies put your handbags away painting and vinyl wraps are to very different things my personal preference is a respray but i am a fan or vinyl wrapped bonnets anr roofs :), i have seen justin gryfiths rocket bunny and the paintwork was to a very high standard, i have a some experience or prepping cars and the key to a good paint job is the best prep work :), if any one is looking for a quote a very good friend of mine is a painter feel free to give him a call if u want a better idea :) 07751802803

4. mint

mint touch my fruit

Rattle can. Cost me the price of 3 tins of primer and 2 cans of matt purple.

Looked decent, when i crashed it.. I still had some left over to fix it up.
    [​IMG]

Then I rattle can'd it green. Got GarageLSD to flick over it with some shiney laquer.
    [​IMG]

5. leeham_86

leeham_86 letdown liam

that mx5 looks sweeeeeet! in both pics but its amazing how well the green came out with a bit of laquer!

6. Chunky Nugget

Chunky Nugget honkeytits!!

Will from street options, down in Alton Hampshire
    .StreetOptions!
    Just opened up shop, he did lams wide aristo and Docwra's wide 350z includeing many more. Check SDR's Rb25 s13 build, will's doing that.
    Awesome work, good prices.

7. muhuha

muhuha Active Member

Has anyone got will @ streetoptions number?

8. alex_200sx

alex_200sx Active Member

9. mattcrozier

mattcrozier Member

A £600 paint job will not be good. I too am a painter and wouldn't even start doing it for that sort of money, £100 5L 2k paint + hardener on top of that, sandpaper and other consumables £50-£100. Then there's time in repairs that need done and primed and rubbed not to mention running a spry booth, electric, rent etc etc. Doing a shit job gives you a shit name, so we do the thing right! Oh and as for someone else prepping their own vehicle and only wanting it taped up and painted, eh no. Thats dead on until the paint flakes off, repairs are bad, sandpaper scores everywhere and someone asks................. WHO PAINTED THAT FOR YOU?? Good body shops don't want their name being associated with that. Drift car respray £1500minimum for colour change in 2k, door shuts and inside of doors, and all aero parts. ( we paint all aero off the car and retro fit)

10. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Hahaha! I'd rather run a multicoloured car than pay that. I have run a drift car for two seasons, and it's been resprayed 3 times.

The paint isn't falling off, it's all still good, and to be honest, in between tyre delam marks, sticker removal/replacement marks, dents, scuffs etc etc that happens to a drift car, i think it's in pretty good condition.

And yes, i'd take it back to the place that sprayed it again. AND i'd recommend them to others. IF they wanted to do more jobs spraying, which they don't lol, so i won't.

11. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

White hides a multitude of sins:thumbs:

12. shirunai

shirunai Active Member

Buy a spraykit och do it yourself this cost me £270 with sandpapers this was 5seasons ago the paint i still rocking :)
    [​IMG]

13. muhuha

muhuha Active Member

Any pics of your work pal? and where are you? Pointless paying as much as the cars worth for a respray lol

14. scouse

scouse Active Member

Bm autobodies=Drift dango on here,
    Ask smileybrad im sure he has had his done,i remember seeing a pic but for the love
    of god i cant find it now.

I knew i saw it
    ,!STOP PRESS! £600 Paint Jobs by BM Autobodies | BM Autobodies

#34 scouse, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  15. Mad_Max

Mad_Max isthisreallife?

I'm doing this in the near future. I've asked around at local bodyshops and cheapest i got was £1200 just to paint the outside.