Drift One Buxton Weekender September 1st & 2nd.

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by JohnJ, Aug 8, 2012.

1. MartyHillPhoto

Yer wasn't a good night for that person, hope its all sorted now

#201 MartyHillPhoto, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  2. MartyHillPhoto

Dude u not doing bad for a learner in an mx5 and 1st time with welded diff

3. MJG

MJG Active Member

Yeah apologies Matt the girl in question probably won't be back at Buxton. It was a family domestic but hopefully it's all sorted by now. Sorry for your paint work getting some scratches but hopefully that won't put you off.

As for the spitfire sounding BMW - was it just moving round or ragging it about/being a dick? As Dirrt said just come and have a word with us in the morning if we're already asleep and we'll gladly sort it. If it's an emergency then by all means come and knock on the Audi door :)

4. Jebend

Jebend Member

Amazing weekend! Can't believe how good the weather was! The track time was best its ever been for me, it was literally on off on off, hardly any waiting considering how many cars there were. The only thing that annoyed me and others was, we got to the track early at 6:30 to get a good spot near the tyre van, we set up all our tools and tyres out in a big U shape so it was obvious where we would park and work on our cars. As we were all out on track for a while we came back to park in the spot and change are wheels and some people decided to move all our gear and park there. This might sound abit silly but if everyone did this shit would hit the fan :) Other than that, best weekend ever!!!

5. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

This has J.C. all over it. Anyone know more?

6. Matt G40

Matt G40 New Member

Its not a problem mate, the mx5 going to get more dings and marks next month, just pisses me off that she didnt care about grinding stones and dirt into someones car, glad it was my car and not one of the pretty skylines though :cool:

Dont think im moaning about the weekend....Nobheads turning up and not handling the booze has got nothing to do with the organisers at the end of the day.

Track time was even better than last time, and 4 laps made it alot easier to get into a rythem :)

7. spin-king

spin-king Active Member

already working on what mike (mjg) said i needed for nextime mod wise bring on the wall lol

8. MJG

MJG Active Member

Hopefully see you next time Tony, without all the problems and delays. I think just sort the coilovers out and figure out why the fuck it's got a 2k rpm power band, and stick a proper screw in the handbrake, you'll be sorted then.

Jeb - sorry you got mugged off in the car park. Nobody should be near the tyre van anyway though? Either way, when you set up your pit area I recommend making a little wall out of your wheels so it's clear for people to see. Unfortunately we don't have many cones and the car park doesn't have painted bays etc so we just have to hope people park clearly and others see the system going on :smash:

9. retro-ed

retro-ed Flicks 'n' Kicks

:thumbs:
    Another excellent event, ran really slickly by Drift-One.. Considering how many cars were there, the queing was the best I have ever seen it.

Really enjoyed the fact it was dry all day. It was awesome to finally give the car some beans with some proper grip and I really enjoyed flicking it around.

10. Speedy88

Speedy88 New Member

Well this was my first time at Buxton and I'd like to say a massive thanks to the organisers and regulars who weren't only helpful, cheery but also a great laugh! I was one of the 3 drifting the blue Volvo estate with no lights. In the end we threw a rod on the track - it made it 10 miles from the track before it blew a massive hole in the engine somewhere just outside leek. It then drove another 2 miles with no oil! Should be back in another car at another Drift One this year, it was awesome.

11. wiganer31

wiganer31 Member

How much boost was you running? Lol, sorry i didnt get chance to catch up with you mate, i came looking for uou around comp time but you must have been watching somewere.

Had a good day sunday, had a issue with the steering towards the end of the day that cause me to spin more than useuall and i was getting the way of people but oh well, see you allnext time

Cheers

12. T4Rick

T4Rick Member

You did do better later on.

13. T4Rick

T4Rick Member

Which black beemer was that lol i saw 2 of them and they new there stuff thats for sure,1 was a private plate and one was on a M plate.There was also a silver beemer with a 0121 number going down the side of it and he to can drift well,he wasnt shy lol

14. T4Rick

T4Rick Member

I thought you did well on the track mate for a heavy brick

15. T4Rick

T4Rick Member

Does anyone know why the rozzers was there on Sunday?

16. hugster

hugster Member

mine was r516 dtm i was there on sun b4 the comp , the only time mine went well round the track was when danny had a go in it,,lol

17. Rich Baker

Rich Baker Member

Matt G40,can u drop me a txt on 07970354507 and i will ring u back regarding ur car getting dammaged sat night,rich.

18. MartyHillPhoto

Regarding an incident on sat night

19. gazwhittle

gazwhittle Member

I bobbed up on Sunday with Ryan in the Volvo and wow what a big difference that new queuing system makes, it felt like there was no one there it was that quick and more cars and an extra lap is an awesome upgrade.

Prob not attend this year in the bimmer as I just can't see it being finished but if Buxton rolls over to next year like this it will be insane.

Shit to see there are still pricks camping over and causing shit for others, think people should just police each other and tell them to stfu

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

20. Colonel K

Colonel K Active Member

Hi guys, excellent weekend! I was too pissed to hear the shenanigans on saturday night..... slept like I was dead!

I was there with my buddy in the silver Omega.... he hadnt drifted before and I havent been out properly for yonks. Just as I got used to being in the drivers seat again the power steering started giving up making it a tad tricky to drive the thing! Gotta love the buxton weekender though, shame we had to leave early!