SOARER: Super Angle Hubs...

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by dale_b, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

So iv made Super Angle Hubs for Soarers.. I had a couple of spare sets so thought I'd have a play around, if you have a soarer you'll know how terrible the lock is, standard turning circle is 8.8meters, these get it down to sub 5meters...
    I'll make & sell these on an exchange basis for anyone that wants some more lock in their lives..:thumbs:

Now the thing with these is, wheel clearance!!
    Fitted these today, the car is running on 17 x 9 ET30 with a 225/50/17 tire, these needed a 10mm spacer to achieve full lock, this is due to the inside of the wheel/tire making contact with the anti rol bar on the front, and the lower wishbone at the back. That was not underload either..
    So, depending on what size/offset of wheel you are using, you may have to run spacers and/or hammer the bulkhead in a bit...
    We havnt fitted Rack Spacers yet, iv got a load of 6mm spacers coming this week for Toyotas, But to fit spacers aswell extensive work will need to be done to tubbing arches, and possibly loosing the ARB..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Standard Lock...
    [​IMG]

Super Angle Hubs Fitted....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

What you think dudes??

2. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Is Soarer and Supra steering stuff the same?

3. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

jza80 coilovers are so yes im pretty sure

4. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

Not nessersarilly... I was wondering this just a moment ago as I was commenting on another Supra thread.. I'll find out of they are the same asap.. As shaan has said, the coilovers are the same, certain bars and arms are also the same, but not sure on the hubs themselves...

5. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

I can confirm the Soarer and Supra hubs share the same part numbers (thanks to Stephen on ClubAristo for checking)

6. Ricky Emery

Ricky Emery Active Member

Still pretty weak lock lol ;)

7. Ricky Emery

Oh and no need for tubing just lose the arb ;)

Im running 9.5j et 15 with a 25mm spacer and 235 tyre.

#7 Ricky Emery, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  8. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

It's as much lock as it will take with the arb in place.. It's pretty damn close on the lower wishbone too.. Iv seen the lock on yours and wondered if you were running an arb.. Presumably you have rack spacers too?

9. Ricky Emery

No spacers just machined down the tie rods so they travel further into the rack and allowing all the thread to remain in use. Also we just drilled the knuckle and moved the tie rod in an inch, to the same effect of what you have done with cutting them. Now i have the problem off wheel hitting arms so not sure what to do next lol. Will be going wisefab next year anyways :)

10. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

You can't get anymore without doing something with that lower wishbone man.. Unless you notch it or something.... I need to have a weekend with a soarer to work something out.. Lol

11. robinpipers

robinpipers Member

Tig welded?

and i agree with the arb stuff that its in the way-.- but u dont have to loose it however u can just move it and rebuild it i think, but i will have to work on it later.

where do your wheel hit the lower arm?

heres what em look on mine.

[​IMG]

#11 robinpipers, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  12. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

On the lock stops.....

[​IMG]

(Yeah... That's a girl skidding an auto.. Panic management at its finest..lol)

#12 dale_b, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  13. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

14. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

You have PM good sir:thumbs:

15. neilthenut

neilthenut Member

i'm building a supra- have chopped hubs and big tub'd arches. got rid of the anit roll bar- waved it goodbye in the scrap pile for more lock. . . contacting the rear of the bottom arm without 20mm spacers on a 18x 9 with 245, (et 30 i think)- but now i have room for a spacer in the rack for a tad more

front
    [​IMG]

tubs
    [​IMG]

16. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

Neil, what's the rest of the hub Assy your using there? Look a bit like Ikeya uppers arms?? And are those standard lower arms or??

Tubs look good.. I personally don't think tubs are nessersary.. Just big holes where the arch used to be.. (as long as you have strut brace)
    Or cut down the sides of the arch and pull it out, then weld a strip in to fill the gap..
    Bit late now thought...lol

17. martinb

martinb Member

We are obtaining much better lock than that out of the stock parts. I mean MUCH better

18. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

Pictures??

19. mint

mint touch my fruit

Looking good Dale. So the question I have is, do you really not feel the need for the ARB? I removed mine on the MX5 for NDC Round 2. Surely your getting rid of some handeling benefits to gain a tiny bit more lock?

20. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

It's personal preference when it comes to the front ARB.. A lot of people have ditched them and prefer it.
    The soarer I made the first pair of hubs for is my old one.. Sold it to my ex gf so I don't have the car to work on anymore... But my mate has just bought one so I'll be able to design the next stage of mods:thumbs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.