R33 gtst

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by a16xdk, Sep 7, 2012.

1. a16xdk

a16xdk Member

Indeed mate hope it goes well hopefully see you there ;)

2. chris-r33gtst

chris-r33gtst Member

same here i want to start drifting and hopefully get into bdc i have 3 skyline r33s 1 for parts 1 on the road and 1 i m half way through building to a bdc spec car but cant really decide if its a good enough choice of car hopefully people will give us some good info on this thread

3. Boo_kong

Boo_kong aka boo_kong

One way to make up your mind is to ask any hot girl in the street what a 200sx is and then ask them what a skyline is. "a 200 what?"

4. chris-r33gtst

chris-r33gtst Member

haha good one

5. grant s

grant s Member

i love my r33 it has so far proved to be a good all round drift car/daily driver done almost 10k in it now and have only had a few minor issues so far...i love the fact i can drive to the pod skid all day put roads wheels back on a drive home without issue ( so far )

6. chris-r33gtst

chris-r33gtst Member

Is that your car the white one

7. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

only good thing about an r33 is it has a strong gearbox and a decent engine

as jack said they look like shit, handle like shit as stock, heavy and generally look like shit

they have fuck all resale value, are hugely over inflatted in price to begin with for what you get due to life stylers, most/all decent hot chicks couldnt give two shits what some 15 yr old datsun is let alone any car, they tend to go for pretty cars. If thats the best spec and condition car you have found youre clearly not looking very hard

i would have a half decent spec s14/14a/180sx over a big spec 33 any day of the week/month/year

8. Boo_kong

Boo_kong aka boo_kong

ooh touchy... lol

handle like shit as stock... Don't every car?
    fuck all resale value... good for the buyer no?

Lets talk s14.

1, You may as well buy a Mondao when it comes to looks.
    2, You have to worry about the dreaded vvt rattle.
    3, They are not as strong as the RB and make less power for the same amount of money.
    4, Most are abused to hell and to even to find a good clean one is hard enough.
    5, Most hot chicks have no fucking idea what they are. oh' look a mondao.... :p

They do skid well though after spending some moneys on them as are most cars.

9. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

How old are they? 14? No fit bird is impressed by what old modified Japanese shitbox car someone drives.

10. cefiro_drifta

Lol seriously

1) no not all cars handle like shit stock , infact any sbody, r32 will out handle a 33 in any task that's set

2) So you're saying you never sell cars but only bye them !

3) r33 looks just as much like a zonda as an s14 looks like a Mondeo ! They have slightly similar shape headlights as a 33 and a Mondeo. Thought that comparison died out in the mid 90's !

4) Vvt rattle is just that a rattle and I've had 6 sr's and only one with 150k had it all for about 2 seconds on start up. Let's see how quiet any cheap performance engine is after 150 000 miles

5) already said the rb25 engines and boxes are the good bit so tht statement is not really valid but again cheap easily available 15 yr old engine !! There are all shagged

6) You Kinda just contradicted your own earlier point

11. Boo_kong

Boo_kong aka boo_kong

Where did I say impressed then? I just stated that they will know what one is over a 200. it's fact.

12. Boo_kong

Boo_kong aka boo_kong

you think?

Yes I do but I'v never lost in profits as I paint every car I get my hands on so wouldn't really know about losing money on them.

But not a mondeo right? lol

I wouldn't say its just a rattle.. If your car suffers from it in your ownership it makes them near on impossible to sell on for any decent moneys. to fix them cost a arm and a leg and will probably only last 10k anyway's. That is if the engine last that long.

:thumbs:

? How

I honestly think the only people who put r33 down for no real good reason are the people who can't afford the passengers side front lower arms... If you get my drift? :p

13. Boo_kong

Boo_kong aka boo_kong

The only real thing this guy need to know about them is they cost a lot when they go wrong and cost a pocket when you floor it.

14. chris-r33gtst

chris-r33gtst Member

what about lexus soarer are they not heavier cars than the r33 and like i said simon perrys r33 that seems to go ok handle well

15. cefiro_drifta

honestly it couldnt be more further from a fact

any chick that knows what a skyline is will know what a 200 is as they are more than likely in to cars, which are few and far between in the grand scheme of things.

Most chicks know what a ferrari is, lambo is and a porsche. They wont know which ones what but they dont care.

but this convo is beneith me so im leaving.

16. copeyhagen

copeyhagen Member

i loved my 33, cusco diff was a weapon in it. they are marmite though, most people dont like the look of em, me not being one of them. but a 200sx can bought good bit cheaper over ehre and parts are more easily available.

17. insane 200

insane 200 Jonin Level Drifter

33 look like shit....if your really special you can cover it in stickers and hide the shit look with diffrent shit but generally still know its shit.

S14A and S13 super dooper easy to skid with total basics like a diff and lowering springs. 33 Handle gay and dont start behaving till they are lowered and have the shitty hicas removed.

S-bodys generally look so much better than 33.
    s14 does look like a mondeo in stock form but low and wide and they look nice like 99% of cars with the same basic stance mods.

R33 engine and box as said by ceffy mike are the best features of 33. If i had the time or motivation i'd transplant my box, engine, rear subframe, arms, coilovers into a stock 14 and have a much easier car to skid and only need to buy some front coilovers.

18. grant s

grant s Member

yep thats mine....cant really comment on s body as not owned one but overall im happy with my r33 and tottally dissagree on the looks thing as i like my 33's looks but iam a bit of a 80s throwback so like the dated look

19. Jimbo_Jetskii

Jimbo_Jetskii Member

I had a NA s13 for ages then got a R33 gtst. The skyline drifts well and easily but I had so much more fun in the S13. The S13 is more of a drivers car IMO, it's lighter and theres more feedback. Also as said the R33 costs a lot to insure and fuel and parts are cheaper for an S body.

20. a16xdk

a16xdk Member

If thats the best spec and condition car you have found youre clearly not looking very hard
    i would have a half decent spec s14/14a/180sx over a big spec 33 any day of the week/month/year[/QUOTE]

Please feel free to enlighten me of any cars that are available mate. trust me i have been searching hard everywhere!!