BDC licensing day - Lydden Hill - Saturday November 3rd

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by BDC, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Weedens14a

Weedens14a Member

Just like to say thanks to every one had a great day and I'm well happy I walked away with a pro licence and my mate Ant did aswell. All in all an awsome day.

2. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

No probs, glad it's gonna get put to good use. :smokin:

Now you're the man also! :worthy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Few more pics of other cars here.

Ian. :p

3. emil_b_g

emil_b_g Member

It was a great day and very challenging. Wet in the first session managing only 4 practice runs and than changing to dry in the second session managing 3 runs so everybody had to adapt to the changing traction. Why did everybody go mental in the second session and every second car was in the gravel?

Stiggy, Malx and Minnie good to see you guys (miss Norfolk so much) and the BDC team good to see you guys too. Finally got my semi-pro license after a couple of years trying :) whooho

My car apearance was not in the best shape but rest assured i got another one being prepared for the season. After all it is all about skills.

Had great fun. cannot wait for 2013.

[​IMG]

4. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

Everyone ended up in the gravel because Devils elbow stays wet a little longer, and the exit of Paddocks is shaded by the trees so doesn't dry out either.. People were gaining speed on the dry bit and not accounting for the wet exit..

5. Chimp

Chimp Member

Good photos as usual Blackett! Any of my 14a with the white 14 on my door in the free for all at the end

6. TheUrbanTiger

TheUrbanTiger Nickbradydrift.com

Thanks Ian :) great pics as always bud :)

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2

7. Sweeps

Sweeps Active Member

Nice to see your attitude hasn't changed Jack since your a 'mod' and all that.

Maybe, just maybe people wanted to experience a licensing day, to see what its like to be judged rather than secret handshakes on a street corner, 'yeah man, i just rubbed that kurb good an proper init bruv'.

For some it will have been a steep learning curve and they will take positives from the day and learn from it. Which is what its all about, not to get slagged of by someone who has achieved cred points from a post count or other activities ;) :cool:

The driving standard was mixed yes, but it always is, people are at different levels and wish to drive on 'track' which they need to up their game 'if' they fancy having a crack at a comp. Did you go and offer advice to anyone like Paul Smith, Stiggy myself and a few others did. or sit there with your mates taking the piss? I think i know the answer to that.

I remember my first ever event at Teesside, my car was handling like a piece of shit and this balding ginger bloke came over to me and suggested i did this and that to the set up and try it. Little did i know at the time but is was the one and only Bon Bon, i never forgot that and thanked him later, only then to be told who he was. I have HUGE respect for people like Bon and others that do exactly that, offer advice, assistance and can still laugh and joke about it. But not those who simply laugh and mock people for trying....

That's what drifting should be like and that's what a lot of people like you and others seem to forget, so next time maybe you should post a link to a thread that Steve C wrote about basic drift day prep before an event to assist them to achieve the best result possible rather than coming on afterwards and looking like a cock and dissin people.

Anyway, shame you didn't come over and say Hi :wave: as it would have been good to take the piss face to face like I normally do but i guess you and Dan were to busy checkin for dish and stickers :p

Respect

Oh and thanks for the photos Ian ;)

8. Mashead

Mashead Member

Well aside from all the bitching - I had an awesome day. Thanks Sweeps and co for organising it, the day worked like clockwork and the practices sessions worked well too.

Morning and afternoon practice was top banana, unfortunately my nerves and trying to be too cautious pantsed me during my judged runs

Can't wait for 2013 now, work must begin on the car :D (and nerves)

Olly

9. Tazman922

Tazman922 New Member

It was a good day am now working on getting the rest of car setup and the running issues out and third gear fixed and am aiming to do Norfolk licensing day although no number has been posted to book places cheers again to everyone that helped out and gave advice at lydden

10. MALX

MALX Active Member

well done to everyone that had a go, we, thats ALL of the BDC staff are always willing to help if we can, from my end i had to calm a few on the start line, had to push a few (bloody starlet is heavy), had to gee a few up, its what we do,but from were i and minnie were on the day all drivers 'seemed' to be having a good time, as ever there are always those that just want to be part of something, thats a big point to make,
    PART of something...
    those that struggled a bit need to be commended for still having a go, its what makes a championship,

11. scottyj

scottyj Active Member

Your a legend on the start line malx. that last practice session was quality!

See you at Norfolk to do it all over again :wack:

12. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

meh, im not going to start biting my tongue just because i help moderate the forum. and i dont think anyone in there right mind would give me cred because im a sad cunt that posts too much!

i didnt mock people for the sake of it to make myself look cool, end of the day i dont compete and wether people think im a good driver or not i couldnt care less, i do it for fun not so i can tell all my mates in the pub i have a bdc license.

i purely made the point there was some fucking appauling driving, im not talking about people who struggled or had mechanical issues, im talking about people who couldnt even drift one corner who quite simply should not be there. theres no way you didnt notice a few yourself!

maybe im being unfair and just focusing on the negative, but lets face it people remember and see negative things a lot more than positive. especially me as im a negative cunt.

end of the day i know you want bdc to appeal to as many people as possible etc, but if people see shitty looking cars/absolute day one basic practice day driving there not going to take drifting very seriously, and i think a lot of people who have been here a while will agree the people who have flocked to the "scene" have really gone down hill.

a quick glance around the crowds that were there on saturday would tell you that:( i actually felt like id gone to watch banger racing.

id be happy to help anyone who would ask, but half the people there id go and offer to help would tell me "what ya on about bruv i was doing fucking mint innit, im essex dk, your a hater" etc. and tbh im no pro driver, i can happily advise on basic drifting skills and driving lydden hill but again, if this is really suppose to be a british licensing day kind of would expect people to know what there doing already

these people need telling it straight, its like the auditions for x factor where you get fucking lunatics who cant even sing applying because there friends and family have told them there great, and you sit and watch and think "christ has no one ever told them they arnt even at a basic level, why are they doing this" that is what it was like watching some people. So its cruel to be kind.

if you guys just want to make money out of as many drivers on track at once , then who am i to say otherwise, but if you want more fans who actually appreciate the sport then concentrate on quality, not quantity!

and sorry i didnt come over and say hi, didnt see you there, feel free to call me a double super ultra cunt next time you see me x

13. Sweeps

Sweeps Active Member

Well at least your honest about being a negative cunt lol

People may have flocked to the scene who may not understand drifting as you and me know it, but surely its up to 'us' old timers to educate and teach them the ways, then if they don't like it they soon move on to a Type R's or drag racing, tunnel runs etc.

Yes some of the cars weren't up to the Ultra mega high standards your obviously used to hanging around with Dan, but have you seen some of the cars being used on some other venues? At least they have a full compliment of panels. All be it not the same colour :wack: But we all started somewhere!

HAHA! That's funny that you think people know you as a hater already ... But people shouldn't need to ask, my suggestion was to 'offer' advice to those not doing so well. You know as well as i do that a drifter won't ask for advice, sometimes its better to make the first move. Then they might think your not as much of a cunt as you really are. :smash:

As for making money, you really don't have a clue :rolleyes: we limited number compared to a normal Lydden day ..... Go figure why we have never done a licensing day there before ...... And we STILL couldn't get Dan to drive lol

Oh and i will call you triple super duper ultra cunt next time i see you xxx

14. dan.gti

dan.gti Member

Now now girls. Be happy and drive a volvo x

15. ali303

ali303 Member

16. Boo_kong

Boo_kong aka boo_kong

Have to agree, last practise was quality :) Thanks for letting me in the BM and Max in the 86 go together :p was a grate laugh even though he did fly off track lol

17. Ricky Emery

Ricky Emery Active Member

18. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

There you go mate. :)

[​IMG]

Great to see they used my pics for the report, first pics on the BDC website ever! :smokin:

Ian. :p

19. BDC-Motty

BDC-Motty BDC commentator!

Great pics Ian! Usually we trawl the web for pics but yours just summed the event up! Thanks! :)

20. Scott1989

Scott1989 Member

i was just wondering,will there be another licensing day next year before the start of next season??