Licencing

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by JohnJ, Nov 26, 2012.

1. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

All drivers taking part in the DMS 2013 will need to apply to us for a licence to compete. This means that we will be personally vetting each applicant to make sure they have the necessary skill level for the championship.

The process starts by you sending an email to drivers@driftms.com with your name, username if applicable, present competition licence details if applicable, brief past driving experience and a note about the car you plan on running in the 2013 season. Don't give us your life story, just a few notes so we can do our homework.

If the application and your presence in the competitive drift world is obviously of the right standard we'll reply with a straight invite to the championship, where you will be invited to pay a membership fee and supply us with full contact details etc (will be defined in the invite).

If the application leaves us with any questions over your suitability then we will invite you to a licensing day such as the one at the Drift One practice day at Anglesey, February 10th 2013. On the day you will attend a briefing where you will be told what's expected and then sent out to show the judges what you can do.

So from this thread, drivers entries are officially OPEN.

Email us at drivers@driftms.com as above, and we'll be in touch.

There will hopefully be more chances for licensing, but Anglesey February 10th would certainly be a good opportunity and we cannot promise another licensing day before round 1 in April. So you need to act quickly to apply for a licence and book on to the practice day.

Many thanks

DMS

#1 JohnJ, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  2. Ricky Emery

Ricky Emery Active Member

Have you come to a decision regarding what licenses will be accepted and recognised from other championships, if any?

3. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

none of yours

4. Ricky Emery

Lol :)

5. be11

be11 camber king

i dont see a problem, just go to the licensing day anyway. problem solved, quit moaning

6. Ricky Emery

No one is moaning?

7. be11

be11 camber king

its a fucking mint track, id jump at the chance to drive there

8. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

Yeah it's kinda 6-7hrs each way for the likes of Ricky & I...

9. be11

be11 camber king

ok, fair point! still worth the drive

10. Ricky Emery

I'm very much looking forward to skidding there but when its 6 hours towing like Dale says and when I'm putting my money into building a new car (and getting it done in time as well) and putting it aside for the BDC. I don't want to have to go paying out nearly £1k to go get a license when i already hold 2 Pro licenses for a UK and a European championship.

11. skyline

skyline Active Member

sent mine

12. J_K_P

J_K_P Active Member

Have you released a list of dates/tracks you will be using?
    Kinda makes or breaks it for me whether it's worth applying and paying for a licence.

13. Ricky Emery

Yeah and that although BDC haven't released dates either yet so can't check if they conflict or not at the moment.

14. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

aint super pro though is it... lol :p

personally i think your mad to not want to compete in DA and head into europe

15. Ricky Emery

Shush lol :)

Yeah would like to but all depends on funds and dates this year the rounds were to close to BDC rounds and i was skint haha.

16. MJG

MJG Active Member

We'll have more details released ASAP and understand it plays a big part in deciding whether you want to compete.

We hope to have more licencing days over the year, even if it's not in time for round 1, so you won't miss the boat as such either way.

Plenty of emails received, you'll have a quick reply ASAP just to confirm receipt and we will start getting some feedback this week so you can make the arrangements to come to the licence day if required.

Thanks for your support through all this, starting a new series from scratch is going to be a bit choppy but hopefully with plenty of communications amongst us all - we'll have everybody ready and raring to go in plenty of time for round 1!

17. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

Rick, as per my first post, send an email and you may not need to attend a licence day. I'm waiting on dates but I'll be trying my hardest not to clash with BDC dates.

18. r30jew

r30jew Member

my application is sent :)

19. Cowpatmatt

Cowpatmatt Active Member

20. MATT200SX

MATT200SX --------------------