Ford sierra 2.0

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by visiion, Nov 29, 2012.

1. visiion

visiion New Member

hello guys
    ive got a ford sierra 2.0, my dad wants to drift with it @ circuit zolder
    what are some nice and cheap mods (more steering lock, more power) that i can do.
    here is a pic of the car how it is now
    [​IMG]

2. bossracing

bossracing Member

your belgian ? O JEAH welkom @ driftworks , looking forward to meeting jou and to this build :)

3. Dex

Dex kut!

for the zolder paddock all you need it a welded diff, i see you have seats allready. try and find some 2nd had stiffer suspension.

4. dsmeds

dsmeds Member

move the rear springs to the front :) and some transit springs or something on the back.

5. visiion

visiion New Member

yes belgium :) waar ga jij zoals rijden?

6. visiion

visiion New Member

ive got a welded diff already and seats are in, only thing i need are some nice seatbelts, the rear springs are already in the front and ive got some scorpio rear springs in the back, the car is lowered 3 coils @ the front i think, @ the back i dont know :p the only thing i know is that this car goes sideways where i want :)

7. visiion

visiion New Member

does somebody know how i could get some more power out the motor without spending to much ?

8. xan_lee

xan_lee Member

Just practice with it , till the power limits you from advancing. Then either swap a 24v cosworth or buy a bmw! :D

9. Gooly

Gooly Member

Assuming it's a 2l pinto with a carb, should be easy to get a bit more power out of it, cam it, get a bigger carb on, etc. Plenty of info on pinto tuning floating around. Have a look on trampdrift as well IIRC they have a little section on sierra/capri drifting.

10. visiion

visiion New Member

its a 2l injection dohc so can change carb :(

11. doughnutter

doughnutter Member

There's not a lot in the way of tuning the DOHC engines cheaply. Occasionally reflashed ecus and the odd bits come up on the owners club forum (fsoc forum). There a lad on there that's done a good turbo conversion and others that have done hybrid engines with 2.3 dohc bits. I went 24v when I killed my dohc . Not a bad conversion but reliable gearbox is the main problem. In all honesty a .ca or Sr conversion is the best bet and has been done a few times before. The 24v is heavy, old, expensive for bits and a bit tempremental. If you can get a t5 box and prop you can get adapter plates for most popular engine conversions off the shelf.

As for more lock.... have a read in this thread.. http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drifting-chat/173453-all-hail-mooseman-drift-garage.html

12. m.d.

m.d. Active Member

Other than turboing the engine with megasquirt or some kind of stand alone ecu there is literally no point doing anything to get power from the engine. Obviously exhaust and filter aside as they are pence to make up.

My local engine tuner used to have a 2.0 injection block sat on the floor as somewhere to stick an airline into. He always said that its the most useful thing the engine has ever done for him lol.

13. visiion

visiion New Member

i'm going to try other hubs from scorpio i think, i know a ford dealer who maybe got some in his storage

14. visiion

visiion New Member

lol i love this 2.0 i would really want a scorpio engine but i'm only 16 and that costs a bit to much lol

15. visiion

visiion New Member

does any1 know if u can fit a diff of the ford scorpio v6 ? its a 7.5inch diff and my sierra is 7.0inch, i got the whole rear suspension from a scorpio but i dont know if it wil fit, does any1 knows? i thought i need to put the scorpio rear subrame and diff and hold die suspension arms of my sierra and then it wil fitt... i dont know help me, if nobody knows i will try and let u guys know

16. Leslie DG

Leslie DG Member

17. visiion

visiion New Member

but i dont do it for the hubs, i do it for the diff, its a shorter diff so i get better acceleration

18. visiion

visiion New Member

wil a ford sierra 1.6 diff fit in die 2.0i subframe? because the scorpio diff doesnt fit, its 7.5 and the 2.0i is 7, and there is other backplate on diff, but i redrilled my frond suspension, pics wil follow

19. visiion

visiion New Member

A picture of my new steeringlock, suspension wasnt wider then, those pics of suspension wil follow
    [​IMG]
    My new handbrake, il take some new pics of it finished
    [​IMG]
    painted my taillights black with a spraycan :D not bad huh?
    [​IMG]
    Got the door panels of, only need to cut everything out and put plexi windows in
    [​IMG]

20. visiion

visiion New Member

Got angle?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    widened the front track with 68mm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]