Awesome 500bhp R32 gtst build

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by kingj, Jul 18, 2012.

1. kingj

kingj sliding it in

Fuck knows why but the images have been turned sideways?? anyone know how to sort that?

2. Mr.Worth

Mr.Worth Animal interferer

They look fine on my comp mate.

Fucking badass car!! Vids when it's mapped or it hasn't happened :)

3. kingj

kingj sliding it in

What the actual fuck????? Ive gone to another page and then back again and they are they right way round???:wack: Il update with some vids of mapping once its done, should be in just over a weeks time:D

What are you doing car wise at the mo bud? has the M3 and 330D gone yet??

4. Mr.Worth

Mr.Worth Animal interferer

The 330d went a few days after the your 32, the M3 is on its way back to standard as we speak so it sells easier, and I've got another black 32 sat outside lol! Did a bit of a circle haha but this one is almost standard and that's how it's staying :)

5. kingj

kingj sliding it in

Had a nightmare of a day last week getting the car onto a trailer and went to get it mapped (damp trailer and 2ways dont mix!) got there and the fucking wastegate is now leaking!! just bad luck it went on way to get on the trailer:( started overboosting on way to trailer place but thought Id just put the 2 vac pipes the wrong way on when I refitted the boost controller pipes to the external gate.........but no, the diaphragm has split:rolleyes:

just waiting for the new diaphragm to arrive from japland and hoping it fits!! I have an apexi 50mm w/g but have ordered a greddy diaphragm as they look exactly the same......Il update once the w/g is rebuild and the bloody thing is finally mapped:D

6. Maurice_21

Maurice_21 Member

Sick R32 man! those wheels look good on it too!

Keep the updates comming:D

7. Aidan s13

Aidan s13 Member

8. kingj

kingj sliding it in

Diaphragm came the other day so built it up, going to refit it in a min and check it all works and is boosting properly again:D If it doesn't work I'm gonna have to leave it until after xmas when I can afford a another decent external gate:(

9. SniffMyDiff

SniffMyDiff Guest

Wheels are CST Zero? I have the same on my R32

10. counteract

counteract -o=me

Sucks you got rid of those sick wheels man.... :wack:

Looks like I might be trading the 8s for some 10.5 -16 SSR Vienna Kreis and running the 9s up front soon :)

11. SniffMyDiff

SniffMyDiff Guest

I'm going to have a pair for sale soon. My car is coming with them on the rears only and I really want all 4 wheels to match

12. kingj

kingj sliding it in

Finally got it on the dyno and mapped:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#32 kingj, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  13. kingj

kingj sliding it in

Video0030_zpsf6bca466.mp4 video by kingj1983 | Photobucket

Made 528bhp and 501 lbs/ft at 1.35 bar which is nice:) lack of traction due to rear tyres stopped us going for higher boost and power but tbh Im over the moon with it as it is:nod: Like a twat I forgot to take a pic of the final result!! only got pics of the run at 1 bar and 1.2:rolleyes: one of which is shown above.

Engine is sound as a pound and runs a treat, just need to get the fucker painted which will hopefully be over the next 2 weeks as it really is starting to look shit! ha ha, also had a nightmare with blowing the diff after getting it mapped!! so got another decent short ratio r32 diff I've swapped in just so I can drive it around whilst I rebuild the cusco 2way....it sheared the pinion:( but doesn't appear to have broken the cusco internals although I swapped them into another r32 casing and it whines under load??? which I'm guessing is the backlash settings being too tight?

#33 kingj, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  14. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Yep, that's gonna be quick

15. kingj

kingj sliding it in

Ha ha, yeah I'm hoping so!! believe it or not I only got the other diff fitted the other day and weather and work has stopped me even driving it:( I'm going for a spin this afternoon I think.......probably literally.

Apologies for the shite video quality but it was recorded with my phone and its a 5 year old nokia!

16. kingj

kingj sliding it in

AAAAAAAnnndd....... she's back at the unit broken again:wack: The good news is she's fast, like really fucking fast!! the bad news is the power steering belt has snapped and I have blown one of the boost controller pipes off the wastegate:rolleyes: but I can't raise her up to put it back on as my jack has broken, so gotta wait for a mate to come round with his jack:smash: I'l get a new power steering belt tommorow from conceptua or whoever and hopefully be running again for tuesday:D A few more jobs and she's done but for now she's sitting here for a while:(

[​IMG]

17. tkddave

tkddave Member

me likey very muchhhhhhhh :D

18. big mo

big mo Member

:thumbs:Awesome I need it in my life:thumbs:..... Love it my rb20 has to go..:nod:..............:smash::smash::smash:bang tidy:smash::smash::smash:

19. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Why? If you on standard internals especially, and especially especially on a drift car, I'd MUCH rather have a RB20...

20. kingj

kingj sliding it in

Thanks fella, but tbh Stavros is right:nod: unless its forged an rb20 will last a lot longer than an rb25 if given lots of high revving/abuse!!

Spoke to conceptua and should have a belt by wenesday:D also spoke to my mate who hopes to fit it in for paint the week after xmas. Sweet.