My 200sx S14.5 money bin.

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by CJRdrift, Feb 3, 2013.

1. CJRdrift

CJRdrift Member

Well, Ive owned a few sbodies now & thought I should get back into one, I knew one was for sale for a long time & well over priced but thought what better car to get, a well known, supposidly well built demo car.
    I knew aerokit as they fitted a body kit to my 14a & sprayed it too so have spent a few k with them before.

After having a deal six months ago I ended up getting the Aerokit ex demo car, knowing it had a few things on it already from the w9 kit, the MeisterR coilovers etc and was an auto so the engine should be fine too as it has full service history etc
    I thought it would be a good base to start from to be a good drift project build. Boy was I wrong but determined I got the car & am still making it mine now to this day..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I viewed the car & everything was there & went back the following night to collect it on a trailor that I bought specially for the trip.
    The fun ride home... Lost a trailer wheel as the bearing exploded and caught fire.

[​IMG]

#1 CJRdrift, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  2. CJRdrift

CJRdrift Member

The following day I wanted to get the work started. I drove the car to Huntingdon where I have Darren lormor @ GDUK to thank for a few bits & building the car for me & to get a few things started like the manual conversion.
    lifted the car in the air there was a few problems from plates seam sealed over holes 8" square, severe rot damage, the MeisterR coilovers had been removed & swapped for cheaper ones x3 leaking coilovers and had snapped siezed locking collars. brakes leaked as a pipe was snapped, the list just ran on. Even the carbon boot spoiler had been removed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the car was too badly gone so I had some quick thinking to do. Probably went in the wrong direction but hey....

#2 CJRdrift, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  3. CJRdrift

CJRdrift Member

Well I got offered a New shell & seemed to be ok from what I was talked into. Project rebuild was on. Momenteraily one car was stripped down as the other was built up. Thanks to GDUK, Darren Lormor & his crew, Ashley Davis, Robert Papworth, Ben Bryant, & Martin @ MB Automotive for the mapping

So within a few weeks my car was done. or as far as a blank canvas anyway.

I didnt know where to start really but was talked into parts easily & The shopping list was started...

Manual...2nd hand diammah coilovers £450.00, strutbrace, gauges, bigger turbo so got the 28r for 350.00 that I later found to be only the same as what I had on the car in the 1st place, seems like theres a difference of x2 extra bolts in the 28r flange no one noticed was not there, the shell was red and the kit white but not knowing what colour to head for at the minute I just had the roof, door shuts & rear quater painted. Later I realised the paint was a massivly shade of difference ie white kit & creame roof, soon the car was pulled together & other parts came in like 18x10 rota gtr-D's nismo boot spoiler etc the car was now mine & not the ex demo shed started out as.

[​IMG]

I then have a skidder. I went away with the car but the shopping didnt stop. daily I was buying bits for the car spending well over 10k in a few weeks.

#3 CJRdrift, Feb 3, 2013
  4. CJRdrift

CJRdrift Member

I went back n forth a few times to various sources & bought more parts like my CC comp clutch, Fidanza flywheel, AVCR, 555cc Injectors, Nistune ECU, Skyline Brakes, R33 wand, welded the diff & all front & rear adjustable arms. After the car was mapped MB Automotive told me there was a few issues & Im lucky to have an engine as the car most of the SR parts came from was mapped by MB but to certain parts ie a skyline MAF & I only have a standard one si Im lucky as had been pushing high revs & speeds with the car fueling funny.
    The car slowly grew on me..
    Having owned several sporty cars had massive BHP cars up to 450bhp, owned a few sbodies etc but never actually skidded.
    My 1st drift day was at Lydden Hill. It was a gt day but the driving was shocking. and ... well the pics can tell the rest.

[​IMG]

I had fun through & its only a car, all about living, learning & having laugh with your friends, this is where you will work out who your friendsreally are. I also found noone criticises you for things on track, never thought it would be like that.

#4 CJRdrift, Feb 3, 2013
  5. CJRdrift

CJRdrift Member

I bought lots more parts & upgraded others, many people said I have got too far too fast but sod it,
    I went & bought Driftworks Geo-Master hubs, geomaster offset rack spacers, tein rods & ends, engine damper,Dmax roof spoiler etc etc, including some Genuine s15 headlights that changed the look of the car dramatically.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://slammedia.net/not-quite-a-14

#5 CJRdrift, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  6. CJRdrift

CJRdrift Member

I now sit in a Cobra Monaco seat with DW Super low mounts, Harnesses, Have upgraded the diff to a noisey Kaaz 2 way LSD, solid subframe bushes, fully polybushed, upgraded all arms to driftworks ones & sent the car for a MB Automotive forged rebuild with some Mazworks parts, CP pistons, Manley rods, ARP bolts, tommi rocker stoppers, APEX steel head gasket, with a new g2871r turbo, new stage 4 clutch & flywheel, & a propper chassis setup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#6 CJRdrift, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  7. zimm_zimmer

zimm_zimmer Member

Wooohoooo u finally have a project thread, need to sort one for the soarer really but not done that much yet

8. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

Nice :)

I have a frp origin bonnet if yor interested?

9. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Nice build! Some money sat right there!

10. tion

tion Member

Big money spendge

11. RobinvdH

RobinvdH Member

feck me, give me your wallet :D

Nice build though :) Great determination after a big let down start off

12. TheUrbanTiger

TheUrbanTiger Nickbradydrift.com

Dude listen, you dont wanna do drifting, its all money and heartbrake, instead what you need to do is getting into the wonderful world of sponsorship, starting with me ;)

Seriously though, you have some dollars mate, good to see it being put to good use :) good luck with the build :thumbs:

13. CJRdrift

CJRdrift Member

Cheers guys, I almost was giving up a few times with the car but finally took to it. I know most builds are like done over a few years or never completed but I guess I got hooked lol

the cars curently having work done by Martin @ MB Automotive, the Don in Drift car building. corrected me on quite a bit at the minute so Im told Im in safe hands lol, cant wait to get this back.
    Didnt know where to start with the build thread but have been contenplating on a g4 link after driving another sbody with one fitted, its been explained as night to day to me the difference is power n smooth like butter.

Currently doing the engine bay too may just go white gloss or a black at the minute as its simple as im unsure on a body colour at the minute so will go with the white.

ill try & get a spec list up too.

#13 CJRdrift, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  14. CJRdrift

CJRdrift Member

ϟilvia ϟ14.5

SPEC LIST
    Make: Nissan 200sx 1996 Model: s14 (s14.5)
    Body:
    S15 W9 Type 3 VX style front bumper,
    Aerokit W9 sideskirts,
    Type 1 vented FRP s15 front wings +20mm,
    Rear quarter over fenders +50mm,
    S15 FRP GRP Bonnet,
    EPRacing Dmax rear roof spoiler.
    Driftworks 3D carbon fiber BGW spoiler
    S14a rear lights,
    S15 Genuine headlights,

Engine & mods:
    Forged SR20det 2.0 ltr Turbo, CP Pistons, Manley con rods, ARP Bolts, apex Steel Head gasket, skimmed & machined block, built by MB Automotive
    S15 GT2871R Roller bearing turbo, braided hoses, forge actuator,
    740cc Injectors,
    K&N Induction kit,
    HKS Hardpipe induction kit
    z32 Maf
    Tubular manifold,
    Japspeed stainless steel turbo elbow,
    de-cat pipe,
    Apexi 3” stainless steel jap exhaust system,
    flamer kit,
    Large FMIC, fmic hard pipes, samco hoses, with boost pipe delete
    Audi coilpack Upgrade Kit by MB Automotive
    APEX Performance Alloy Rad, sf performance rad hoses,
    Walbro fuel pump,
    platinum plugs,
    EPR Engine damper,
    Pigeon mod.

Interior:
    Black leather seats,
    Momo Italia Deep dish Steering wheel, Snap off DW Boss
    turbo timer,
    Cobra Monaco Pro bucket seat, sat on a DW superlow mount rail
    K-Sport Seat on DW Superlow mount seat
    Matching Saabelt Harnesses
    Wideband AFR Gauge
    SPA Oil Temp & Pressure Gauge
    Battery Volt Gauge
    Boost Gauge
    AVCR Unit
    Driftworks quick release snap off boss
    Driftworks streering wheel

ECU:
    Nistune Ecu.
    Apexi AVCR electronic boost controller.
    Mapped by Martin @ MB Automotive.

Wheels:
    x8 18”x10" 12J ROTA GTR D stretched MAXXIS Tyres,15mm front spacers, 25mm rear spacers

Transmition:
    Single Plate ORC Clutch as Stage 4 Competition clutches keep being ate,
    clutch damper removed. OS ghiken small thrust bearing
    ACT super light flywheel now removed as running single plate
    Manual RB25 gear box
    P&B sr-RB gearbox conversion plate, shortened prop
    Part shop maxx adjustable gear knob
    KAAZ 2 way diff

Steering & Suspension.
    Abs removal, braided brake lines,
    Rear Driftworks adjustable bottom arms,
    DW camber arms,
    DW traction arms,
    DW toe arms,
    DW Geomaster off set caster arms
    Hubs with longer wheel studs welded in for added strength to accommodate the wheels .
    Painted rear subframe.
    DW Solid subframe bushes.
    Whiteline arb front/rear, whiteline droplinks
    Whiteline anti roll back front with new links
    Tein steering arms, Tein ends,15mm front wheel spacers,
    Bottom driftworks arms front & rear,
    DW Geomaster front hubs giving 66 degrees of steering lock,
    Geomaster offset rack spacers,
    15mm front spacers
    25mm rear spacers.
    Fully Adjustable BC coilovers
    Adjustable Traction,
    Adjustable camber,
    Adjustable caster,
    Adjustable tension arms,
    GAB alloy front strut brace.

Brakes:
    DB Power Big Brakes kit 315mm, with mod brackets, R33 Calipers
    Wand - RB25 Hand brake setup with discs & calipers,
    front & rear braided brake lines,
    Drift Button mod to handbrake,
    part shop maxx button.
    ABS Delete mod ,

probably more I forgot about lol

#14 CJRdrift, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  15. oli_the_thread

That's quite some spec for a first drift car, but fair play. It looks awesome and you look like you're doing it right first time round for minimal headaches in the future!

16. zimm_zimmer

zimm_zimmer Member

It's a mental spec and u still haven't taken me out in it, just be careful when u got it rebuilt

17. CJRdrift

CJRdrift Member

cheers will, in time mate you can come out init

18. CJRdrift

CJRdrift Member

cheers mate, the positive thread replys are what keeps things goin, Im glad people approve, she does skid well too. Thanks dude

19. zimm_zimmer

zimm_zimmer Member

I think I Defo need a go, although it was bad enough in the car park at snetterton, I doubt I will get rid of the soarer just found out to get better fuel my lambda is at fault so getting new so once that's sorted and I'm not doing 11-13mpg I will sort the Coilovers and some wheels

20. Scouse14a

Scouse14a Member

Nice car dude. Shame how it all started out but at least you have turned it around into a drift weapon :)

• Like Like x 1