The fitness thread

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by kam, Jun 29, 2012.

1. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

When did I winge you douche?
    Thanks for the positive input.

2. Taxi

Taxi Skid Bitch SKID!!!

Sounds more like a leg exercise your on about! I cant remember what it's called but it hits your glutes and the back but of your legs by your hams.

Basically hang the barbell down by your shins and without bendin your knees just extend straight up

3. kam

Romainian deadlifts are straight legged for the hams/glutes. That's what you're thinking of.
    I'm just gonna try raising the bar tonight.

4. Taxi

Taxi Skid Bitch SKID!!!

That's the one! I've seen alot of guys usin the stocks that you can slide into our pull up frame and put the barbell on that! Try that dude! See how you get on. They have it literally just under waist height. Lemme know what you think! ;)

5. markturbo

markturbo Tarmac scrapper

Rack pulls seem pretty good for what your after Kam, which is just what your saying your going to do which is raise the bar :) bit of leg but as its mainly the lockout your concentrating on your back gets a good push :)

Normally I do lots of reply's but I couldn't keep up lol :D

Smashed my legs fri and still walking funny now lol

Good chest session today, manage 180kg Pause rep on chest (did 2 but i think spotter touched it lol) So good progress with the new form :) and proper pausing :)

6. kam

Nice, I'll do that tonight ;)

What's your squat/leg press weight difference?

7. aston_87

aston_87 Member

That a 180kg bench?!

Srs?

8. FireStorm999

FireStorm999 Active Member

I used to manage 120kg in my room at home on a normal bench and i didnt really do bench press found it boring.

And i didnt have a spotter. One night i got caught with 120kg on ny chest. Had to roll it down my stomach and somehow get it off without putting the floor through lol. Another reason i dont do it lol.

9. markturbo

Coolay :) Yer I like doing them for something different :D

Goodmornings are supposed to be good never done them ( I'll try and find a video as everyone calls things different names :) )

Fairly different at the mo as I'm trying to get technique on squats (just been doing them onto a low box :) ), but people i trained with fri 9both could do similar weight squats, yet one could do almost double on leg press yet the other couldn't?)

Yep :) had got heavy on decline (200kg), but been practising proper tech on flat bench so been working my way up with 5x5 workout, doing pause reps :)

10. Minkjedi

Minkjedi Member

Just out of curiosity why dont you want to engage your legs as much?

11. kam

Because I find the split hard between either my legs being fucked from squats, so a shit deadlift. Or fucked legs from deadlifts meaning a shit squat. I'd rather train squats - but my lower back is holding my squats up. Vicious circle :wack:

Tried the deadlifts up on a bar last night, much better. Could only go to 100kg before I had to put it on the floor and use my legs a bit though - but a wider stance helps loads too. Watched some videos of mega squats and they all stand really wide.

Thanks for everyones input :)

12. Gymbob

Gymbob Active Member

separate legs and deadlift furthest apart then, why are people whining about using there legs when deadlifting, it pretty much uses every muscle in the body, best exercise imo (290kg deadlift)

Why smith machine deadlift? that's stupid you should all be dragging it up your shins, you should have bruised tram lines so rock out the football socks.

If you are looking to improve it I hope none of you are starting sets with rep ranges above 5?

13. kam

Ooooooh yeah, got my 300x3 leg press. Last rep I had to use my hands a bit.

Warmed up with 20 reps of front and back squat with just the bar, bodyweight walking lunges and 10 reps at 60kg. Wanted to get really warm. Then went up 2 plates at a time. Apart from adding x2 50kg plates at one point.

Did 3 reps on each weight. It went quite well tbh. I could probably do a tiny bit more.

Then hamstring curls and walking lunges. I'll have an ass like Vida Guerra in no time :wack:

14. kwalker705

kwalker705 Member

you could try a silver dollar deadlift.

Bar on stands so the pick up of the bar is about 18" from the deck. Slighty different technique for the lift as its basically just below the knee's from the bottom of the rep.

Some guys prefer this and can pull more weight with this setup, but some struggle. Give it a go and see how you get on and see if you like it.

15. kam

Did that the other day, worked a treat :)
    Cheers!

16. Gymbob

Gymbob Active Member

5x5's are pretty sick, same with Tokars system, how often are you benching a week, I might start squatting and benching twice a week rather than sticking to like one muscle group a week but heavy/tokars system on compound movements and higher reps on isolation exercises.

Best bench ive ever done is 160kg.. long levers or just shit lol suppose that's why it makes my deadlift better.. gorilla arms lol

17. kam

Deadlifted 160x3 last night, next week I'm going to do them at the start of leg day, so I can go really heavy.
    The gym also had AC DC on, which was cool.

18. Jason

Jason Nurse?

jeez Kam thats a decent weight! pretty sure its a proven fact that AC DC will add 20% to your max lift...

19. kwalker705

kwalker705 Member

its good. I like it and I think it helps my deadlift a little as I sometimes struggle with the lift once the weight is just below the knees. So the silver dollar refines that part of my deadlift.

I like to mix regular deadlift one time, then 10 days later silver dollar. Sometimes change it out to using a trap bar for deadlifts and also deficit deadlifts too but I do not enjoy them at all.

20. markturbo

Whoop thats a good weight mate :D

Bet the next day was a world of pain, and stair hate

Yer really enjoying the 5x5's just a bit killer lol Only the once at the mo, I just tend to do a different group a day :)

160kg is a awesome weight mate :D I love my deadlift too :)

The hole Pausing thing on bench is killer, tried 5x5 with 140 yesterday, but had to drop to 130 for a couple then back to 140 :)

Thats some good weight Kam, whats your bodyweight now?

I also heard this lol