Southwall Smokers....... Lydden Hill Drift Day 16th Feb 2013

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, Jan 6, 2013.

1. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

Awesome Day... I may have had a small amount of crash at the end of the day tutoring in a borrowed car(sorry for crashing your car Dylan...).. Still an awesome day..

The Advance group ran beautifully today, everyone was on form.. Dylan linked Chessons the whole way down in forth and into Devils Elbow perfectly on a couple of occasions, the dude in the blue/black PS fronted s13 was dropping some epíc smoke bombs and nailed a few awesome backwards entries into Devils:thumbs: Well done to everyone in this group for keeping it running fast, made it so much better and didn't feel like it had as many cars out as there was. :thumbs:

Sad times on the fair few crashes.. Lydden is a fucking awesome track but she certainly isn't forgiving if you fall off the tarmac..lol
    I was fairly lucky and just broke the oil cooler and bent some stuff.. Feel bad for the guy with the rx7, think that wants a new shell..

2. ScottHarrison

ScottHarrison Member

Thought it went pretty well for my first drift day despite nearly hitting the tyres on the first lap of the first session.

I think the problem with people ignoring the flags is that when people were queuing for sign on they couldn't hear the safety briefing but couldn't leave their spot in the queue.

3. littleT_23

littleT_23 Member

The only thing that got on my nerves was people blasting down the hill then slowing right down before going into the bdc section.

4. angrydan

angrydan raaage

i really fail to see how anyone can excuse flag ignoring! some of rhe driving was shocking, people just piss taking! i aint gona name and shame but everyone is there for fun, and spins etc are all part of that but ignoring flags, drifting PAST a spun car thats in a none safe area is retarded

the days are to awesome to lose to careless driving!

but besides that another well run day and a good few lads stepping their games up is always nice to see

5. Guy B

Guy B Member

Yesterday was my first day drifting Lydden, I loved every second and will cirtainly be at the next one.

6. chrisritchie

chrisritchie Member

Yesterday was the first time i have ever been to a drift day,I did not dift i was a spectator and i thought it was a very goood day.

Is lydden hill a good place to start to drift?

7. matt|H

matt|H Member

To the bloke in the white S14 no front bumper with blue engine bay (I think).... You do not belong in novice :o smoking the entire way round lol.

Wouldn't say it's a good place to START. I've only done pod a few times but in glad I did...

Yep, which meant everyone else who wanted to go quicker had to wait further back for them to get out of the corners :(

Nope the flags weren't explained doing the briefing!

#247 matt|H, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  8. ScottHarrison

ScottHarrison Member

Oh fair play haha everyone should be given one of those flag sheets explaining it, that might help?

9. Rhys

Rhys Member

My first time drifting at lyden and i had a wicked day out will def do it again, personally i think 20+ cars in a session is madness though i watched the advanced group and at one point u couldnt even see my mates next to me let alone cars on the track, i think it would be safer with less cars per group to reduce the bottle necks/crashes on track. maybe less cars on day and pay more or make 5groups doing 10mins a each instead, top day though and thanks to all that made it happen

10. thetwig

thetwig Member

My first time drifting at lydden aswell. Though it was spot on all day. My small grumble was my last session i think a few ppl moved to my group and they where doing 35mph down the back section into the bdc corners.. I wanted to go much faster and they wouldnt let me pass basicly.

But other than that i had a wicked day.. Defo going back for more.

11. halesy

halesy Member

I had a good day apart from the shockingly bad signing on I respect u lez for what ya do and I could see it was stressful as I spent awhile talking to you. I just think u need to explain the named driver business more and speak to lydden and get them to know how it works. When I booked I booked me and my misses into separate groups, But wen I travelled 180 miles to get there and I find out we have to go in the same group and half our seat time it doesn't make sense and put a major downer on the day for me as I only had 3 runs out instead of 6. If I had been told on the phone that if we wanted to go in separate groups I would of paid the £200 no probs. but day was awesome in the end that's the only gripe!!

#251 halesy, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  12. scobypartzsti

scobypartzsti Member

was a great day apart from a few novices thought was banger raceing more than drifting as my brothers s14a skyline powered got more than rubbed but scoobypartz 200sx done ok even with shot subframe bushes

13. thetwig

thetwig Member

Also does anyone know who the red head bird takes photos for? She was on the apex of the hair pin and im sure shes got some proper awesome shots of me and my passenger waving at her! Haha

14. scobypartzsti

scobypartzsti Member

sure she the press for lyden hill bowden think her last name is

15. D-Pearce92

D-Pearce92 Member

16. jeta11

jeta11 Member

8ball photography, Tasha Gilbey

There's a fb page, not sure pics are up yet.

17. Charl029

Charl029 Member

Had an awesome time yesterday as well, first time I've done drifting at lydden. Despite the amount of red flags, it was still good!

18. thetwig

thetwig Member

Cheers fellas. Was an awesome day. I miss lydd already

19. dingdong

dingdong Member

Had a great day at lydden love the track :) thank u lez and the team meet some cool people to roll on the next one !!

- - - Updated - - -

The rex will live on..... ;)

20. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Member

First successful drift day, previous one the car had a wiring fault. Had loads of fun and cant wait for the next one!

first session was the only let down as there were 30 cars on track instead of the maximum of 24, however this soon sorted itself out and all flowed well.

big thanks to the organisers and see you all in April.