The fitness thread

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by kam, Jun 29, 2012.

1. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

I weigh 79kg :)

My legs felt good on that last deadlift session, think I'll be able to go 5kg more max really.
    Had 2 days off because I've been SO tired, back at shoulders tonight. I've been lagging on those for the last couple of weeks and its something I really need to improve on.

I also trained chest with someone on Monday, those last few assisted reps when you would have failed yourself are absolute key. My chest is in pieces!!!

*Also, is the 5x5 a strength thing? My legs are too big for the trousers I want to wear, I need to switch it up :wack:

#581 kam, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  2. Jason

Jason Nurse?

Yep 5x5 stronglifts is a system originally conceived by Reg Parks, involves 5 sets of 5, if you complete them all you put more weight on for the next time, its very good. I started doing this before christmas but havent been as strict on it recently.

StrongLifts 5x5: Ultimate Strength & Muscle Building Program StrongLifts

79kg, whats your waist + chest? the only reason i ask is because im now just over 80kg (ive lost 5kg this month doing a ridiculous amount or cardio in the mornings) and ive managed to keep my strength.. getting bodyfat measured on sunday and hopefully it will be down from last time.

3. kam

Sweet I'll read that tonight, I'll measure too (Y)
    Cheers dude.

How do you measure BF%? Calipers?

4. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

I found myself on Kams instagram - basically full of pictures of his Junk.

5. Jason

Jason Nurse?

they can do it with calipers yea, but they got an electronic method in my gym, it sends a tiny electric current through you and works it out like that, somehow. Apparently as good as using the calipers. Yea, give it a read.. its a bit 'americanised' but just read through all teh speel :) basically has you doing all the big exersizes, squats, deadlifts etc and pushing your PBs every time you go

6. kam

Sexy eh.

7. kam

Calipers were abit all over the place for me, I'm between 10/15%.

8. markturbo

markturbo Tarmac scrapper

Thats awesome weight your shifting then, especially at that weight :)

I love shoulder day :D We've got a log and a viking press at the gym :D

That article is pretty good, i've only really been using 5x5 for bench and viking press, so will try it on others too :)

Did legs today, feel pretty fucked, first session away from box squats, felt pretty good, fucked me a bit for deadlifts though lol

9. Gymbob

Gymbob Active Member

Viking press ey :) sounds like my kind of gym, what you deadlift dude, I found the 5x5 system just doesn't improve when I get to 250kg, I physically feel like I cannot get over my 290kg 1rpm, when even doing like 1 14 week programme to get back to that weight (speed work) im always just there or similar or I obtain a small injury/pull, don't know how I can get past it. I put more weight on, on purpose which did help a little but I cant keep doing that was 20 stone 6.. Any ideas?

10. markturbo

Yeessss my favorite exercise :D (infact doing it tomo :) ) Yer its an awesome place (samsons gym) my pb is 300kg (no straps etc) Yer i think deadlift is a hard area to gain on. I guess lean weight gain would draw results (as hard as it is) but 20st is pretty dam heavy lol I can't seem to put any weight on, I've got stronger etc but weight hasn't really moved?

I've only been training properly for 1.5 years (only moved to new gym a few months back) so not got any great experience just been reading alot etc I tend to do rack pulls, and have tried standing on a step and having to bend down to bar to deadlift.

11. Gymbob

Gymbob Active Member

yeah same with no straps etc just a belt, when im like 18 stone I seem to top out around the 270kg mark so its a bit annoying, 1.5 yrs! lol mines 7 but im 22, just annoying i'd done 245kg before I turned 18 lol, yeah I did do 320kg rack pulls but the gym owner round here is a goon said its damaging the rack.. but that's what its for he called them technique scoops lmao. Yeah I understand the standing on a plate deadlifts done that but wont budge..

12. kam

Thanks dude :)

Trained shoulders and surprise, my rotator was graunchy and it's been giving me jip ever since. I'm going to lay off it for a couple of weeks and then train REALLY light on it for a while. It's been on/off fucked for so long now.

Glad someone is feeling my leg/deadlift split pain! I'll swap to 5x5 for legs and hopefully see some good strength increases. I'm off skiing for a week on Saturday, so I'll only train upper body this week, then a week off whilst skiing. Try and plough in the cals so I don't loose weight!

13. markturbo

Ahh see i'm struggling to put weight on :( seem to be getting stronger (and have lost some belly) Yer I've had gym meberships etc for a little while (i'm 24) but only took it seriously (ish) 1.5 years ago :) yer I do enjoy rack pulls :D ha ha luckly the gym I use is pretty sound like that :) (guy bent a bar doing 380kg rack pulls lol)

It is a hard one to get gains on :( I seem to tire quickly with them :(

I know a few people that have injured shoulder, a couple of proper phis sessions seemed to put them straight :)

Ha ha :) yer it is hard work doing split :). lol yer epic leg day before skiing would be 'amazing' lol

Don't know if you guys remember me mentioning CT Fletcher earlier in the thread :) He's know started his own youtube channel lol He's quality in my mind lol

CT Fletcher - YouTube

14. Paz

Paz -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY- UK Drift Since 2001

Your rotator was graunchy? Rotator Cuff? Ima not put the shits up you about cuff's, but basically. Look after them.

Do a bit of research, drop off the weights and get the rehab excersizes in.

15. kam

^^CT Fletcher is funny as fuck, the bicep video made me laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WG7qUVBfhg - hahahaha amazing

Yes bro, naffed. I always warm them up and I'm laying off shoulders for TIME BRUV.
    I'll look at some rehab specific exercises :)

*They're just shoulder exercises with really light weight. What I was planning on doing :)

#595 kam, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  16. kam

hahahahahahahaha

17. markturbo

^^ Ha ha :D

Fuck my little 'want' is 22'' arms naturally, so I just gotta do arms every day for 1.5 years :D

18. JulesS14200

JulesS14200 WORKin it!

I was watching that CT vid this morning before my arm session. Then my PT shot me down when I told him I'm gonna train arms every day from now on :wack:

19. el_bandido

el_bandido Member

anyone else here doing bodyweight fitness? I've been out of the gym since September and I'm at the point where I can do some tricks like hand stand press-ups now. Need to get myself a pair of gymnastic hoop things set up.

20. saihaynes

saihaynes Member

yes bud, its pretty much all i do these days, can planche, muscle up and handstand pushups but stuck on the front lever for some reason lol