The fitness thread

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by kam, Jun 29, 2012.

1. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Had one of those weird gym days today where there's too many people to do the planned work out so you just smash everything, but fuck me it worked...I'm knackered!

2. markturbo

markturbo Tarmac scrapper

Ahh cool will def try them :)

ha ha As long as your knackered lol lots to be said for just smashing it sometimes :D

Pretty good squat/deadlift/leg day yesterday (fri) at work at the mo and stairs are def my nemisis at the mo lol

3. Gymbob

Gymbob Active Member

Glute and quads mainly better than rears imo

Best gym round here - (well 45 mins away) Olympic gym :)

Anyone do any olly lifting?

4. Jason

Jason Nurse?

This is literally the worst bit of advice ive ever heard. You cant out train a bad diet

5. FireStorm999

FireStorm999 Active Member

I was talking amounts of food. Not simply eating mcds everyday. I should have made that clear.

6. hug - lo

hug - lo Active Member

Mans squat right there gymbob! Since Christmas ive cut out bread and anything deep fat tried and JUST from doing that i have lost 20lbs. I have of course been going to the gym 3 -4 times a week as normal but have done no cardio at all nor taken any supplements. My strength hasn't decreased yet hasn't increased either. I'm now 14st 11lbs so will start to introduce some high levels of protein over the coming months and see how we get on. I still eat all the stuff people say you 'shouldn't' but I take that with a pinch of salt! My theory has always been, eat a shit load and bang the protein in to grow.

7. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

Read a few articles lately that the anabolic "window" is bollocks.
    I personally just work on a 24hr basis.

8. markturbo

markturbo Tarmac scrapper

Ahh cool, thats why I was a little distant in suggesting it, as for every theory is an article saying its bollocks lol, The more I read the more complicated and contridicting things get :(

Train fucking hard, eat big with plenty of Protein = results :D

Managed a decent set of 5x5 140KG pause press bench yesterday at start of session :D pleased with that.

What are some good tri exercises? I train them hard and they're pretty strong (lock out of bench/shoulder press is good) but don't seem to pop out like you see the big guys do?

Hows people training going?

9. FireStorm999

Alright i got a few things to add.

I used to do a lot of weights and went from 10stone to about 14stone in just over a year by just training and eating. This was all at home too. No gym. No protein shakes.

I then gave it up for a large amount of years and had a very busy period with my daughter being born etc.

Ive been back on it since mid jan and obviously really notice the difference.

My strongest exercise has always been chest flys. I can quite comfortably already do 25kg each arm. This is with a virtually straight arm too. None of that bending elbow shit u see.

But i seem to really struggle with bench press. I struggled doing a 60kg press. Im pretty certain its my tris letting me down but i really cain them once a week with tricep press. I only manage about 10kg in each arm but its slow controled movement. How can i improve this?

Ive decided to go on a zero carb diet for about 2 weeks. Just to see how defined i could get as my muscle memory or whatever it is means im gaining muscle or pumping up reasonably fast.

Again im doing the weights etc with no shakes. Just eating lots.

I do upto 30mins weights then 20min swim. I run out of time in the mornings. This is 5times a week. Mon-fro. I then swim with my daughter on weekends.

The 30minute weights is constant tho. Ie 6 sets of something interlinked with 6 sets of something else that doesnt interfer with the other muscle group. Ie biceps and shoulders.

If anyones got comments good or bad feel free.

#629 FireStorm999, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  10. FireStorm999

Ok scrap that. Just did 12kg tri extensiin moving up to 14kg last two sets. But they still feel weak as anything.

11. kam

I train at 9PM. Only person in there most the time.
    Bliss.

12. kam

13. Jason

Jason Nurse?

interesting Kam! would like to see Gaspari's response (theres a link to one but theres no response)

14. kam

It did the rounds on the internet, basically all of the companies with the bad scores responded with several lab tests/results confirming that their products were up to scratch. You can't really believe 100% A) the tester, or B) the companies.

We could all be drinking chalk, we'll never know!
    I'm going to speak to the local uni (huge sports science dept) here to see if they've done any testing on brands :)

15. Papercutout

Papercutout Active Member

Pulled from way back in the thread, but I reckon you'd be pretty damn safe with this brand, and there claims would be pretty accurate:
    PINK SUN natural raw organic

16. kam

I use My Protein, rated 2nd highest for protein content in that test.
    Far cheaper too.

17. Jason

Jason Nurse?

I used to use gaspari, they got a new protein coming out that I was going to get, not sure if I will now.. I use anabolic matrix, seems to work for me and supposedly 90% protein so I'm happy with it.

Ps kam.. Train hard and eat well, amen to that!! Can't really go wrong, people always looking for the easy way out!

18. kam

New squat PB last night! 160kg, only 1 rep, proper ass to grass. I was tired too, so could add another 5kg on that I think. Felt good to have 6 plates rattling on the bar! (plus the 10's)

Also, I don't know who the fuck was using the power cage before me, but the olympic bar was bent and I had to kick the safety bars out cause they were bent/jammed too :wack:

Last nights music of choice was Megadeth!!!

[​IMG]

Just more, more. The basic bench press is a large compound movement, so getting your back, delts, chest, tri all a) strong b) working together will take time. Make sure you lock all the way out to work the triceps to the max too. I can rep 100kg and never do isolated tricep exercises.

Youtube the difference between a compound powerlifting bench press, and a chest isolation bench press.
    I do the latter, flat back, small range of motion.

Totally ;)

Getting really good results lately from stepping up my nutririon, over half my protein comes from shakes, so I'm happy with the MP I'm using. I wouldn't take that test for gospel if you've been getting results of Gaspari.

#638 kam, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  19. wixsy

wixsy Member

I eat loads of pies and have liposuction yearly Jas, works for me and its easy

20. Jason

Jason Nurse?

intersting point on the bench press Kam, i dont understand chasing numbers on this, as youll never actually use your chest. Look at the people that are doing the big weights on bench press, theyre normally an odd shape :p
    pecs are actually quite a small muscle, so dont need much weight (in comparison to say back). I do flys, chest press with dumbells at various inclines.. lift your feet up so your back is totally straight.

haha Kam, i like where your head is at with the Megadeath! my choice this morning was Anthrax! slayer and metallica next time? :D

- - - Updated - - -

what are you doing on the internet tony, shouldnt you be working?! :D