Drift CRASH / ROLL OVER - Steve Baggsy Biagioni - British Drift Championship Round 1

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by CrabsterDrift, Apr 15, 2013.

1. DaveMc

DaveMc Member

Indeed what the hell soon as it was on the side should have taking the time to undo the straps

2. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

steering wheel looked benter than baggsy even before the smash.

another good example of why people need to seriously think about running cheap steering wheels

that was only a low speed crash into tyres, can you imagine a proper accident without all the safety gear what a mess one could make of someone

still havnt got a clue how managed to bin it that badly but its drifting, people get over excited and make silly mistakes

3. Wackojacko.

Wackojacko. Member

Shame,

In other footage ive seen it looks like the hydro didn't lock as expected with quite alot of travel in it.
    Rear caliper burst a seal perhaps ?
    Just a thought.

4. SX_BIG

SX_BIG Active Member

i actually thought the strap stopped the car slamming down on the ground.. pos damaging more under body bits.. , sideskirt made a nasty noise but i thought that wasnt a bad shout tbf.

5. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

yeah was just a fiber glass crunch when turning over i guess.

RE the steering wheel.

so long as it doesn't bend during normal use, it deforming in a crash isnt really a bad thing, loads of wheels are designed to bend, it probably saved a broken wrist there.

I saw the car briefly afterwords, didnt get a chance to see but the head scrutineer should cut the harness or something - cause that on needs to go in the bin now. and never used again

6. burgerboy78

burgerboy78 SCHWING

car didnt look to bad was mainly the roof which they could re skin - looks as though he grabs the wand but the wheels dont lock up.

7. Clive

Clive Active Member

Its clear in the video they locked up as smoke come off the rears, even on a stone cold track.

8. burgerboy78

burgerboy78 SCHWING

sure its not from the front wheels wheels or where he's pumping it? i dunno i may be wrong

9. Clive

Clive Active Member

who knows. Only the man Baggsy himself.

10. burgerboy78

burgerboy78 SCHWING

such a shame though. the team didnt have a good weekend as a whole.

11. -jamie-

-jamie- StrongFlex UK

I saw the crash from the hill, but in this video just as the wand is pulled and traction is broken you'd be dumping the clutch and on the throttle. If not the car would suddenly straighten like that. So perhaps the cause was something mechanical. The car didn't look or sound happy earlier in the day imo.

12. JDM-SAM

JDM-SAM Member

None of the acorn boys seemed to be having fun! Their cars struggled to drift 2 corners in a row. Glad he's alright though, missing the scooby baggsy?

Some seriously good driving on a whole though. Team MnM boys seemed to have their cars dialed in.

13. Disco

Disco Hamburger Hinderer

Is it not bad that all the instruments were all over the place? Surely they should be more secure than that? It actually didn't look that traumatic from the inside, could have been a lot worse. Glad he was able to crawl out safely though.

14. cptsideways

cptsideways Active Member

Is it just me that see's the battery box flopping around in the boot & the kill switch complete with live terminals at the rear of it flopping around the interior. That battry could have done some serios damage.

People are spending thousands making their cars look the part but have no idea how to build a car thats safe in even a minor shunt. s

By the looks of it the barriers were at least plastic, they looked like concrete initially

15. milez

milez Active Member

Yeah but hes got his name on the seats.......Must be built properly

16. Nickson-Msport

Nickson-Msport Active Member

nasty impact, at least the roll was just a gentle topple, but its the initial impact that will cause the damage. like declan says, he is very lucky he didnt get a whack from the battery which ripped itself loose in the boot! if that had cracked him one it would have caused serious injury! i saw the same thing when jon calvert crashed at drift allstars in his red s13, and the battery and fire extinguisher ended up in the front footwell!

a 20kg battery in a 50mph crash ends up being a projectile that will have massive energy in it and if it hits you in the head there is a chance it will kill you!

please secure items in the car properly! i actually saw batteries being held in with cable ties when scrutineering at jdm allstars in a few cars.

glad baggsys ok, but could have been much worse!

17. jeffries

jeffries Member

I cant believe that even supposed pro spec cars are using shitty ebay tat. Could of been alot worse. Glad he's ok.

18. Goddaz

Goddaz Member

LOL.. make sure its not in gear before you get out!!!

19. steveboiboi

steveboiboi Southern style!

Yeah theyre just plastic barriers,nothing majour, theyd move if you farted near them.

20. CrabsterDrift

CrabsterDrift Callum Craddy

You kidding? Did you not see the other cars that hit them?

Joe (R32) has more damage to himself and his car than baggsy and his s13 do! They wrote off 2 cars and bent stuff on the LBD ps13. Not something you wanna be hitting if you ask me!