The fitness thread

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by kam, Jun 29, 2012.

1. JulesS14200

JulesS14200 WORKin it!

Legs with a hangover, haha, recipe for disaster.

I played 5 a side football for the first time in a year then 2 hours later did Legday with my PT. That hurt a lot!

2. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

It wasn't some bullshit hangover either, started at 5 with a pint, double gunning long island ice tea then onto JD and coke. Woke up at 11am on a hotel floor then met my mate for 12:30. The gym owner asked me if I was ok, cause I "looked like shit" :wack:

God knows how it happened TBH.

3. drift-bitch

drift-bitch Member

Thankyou.
    Completely hanging out my arse at the mo. did 2.5hours of leg work and conditioning last night, threw up half way through and carried on again.!
    Couldn't sleep for shit last night, lower back was killing me. Today I'm like a zombie yet have to do fitness tonight, mainly hill sprints :/
    Think I may just die!
    Sometimes wonder why at my age I put myself through this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. kam

Yes! Proper workout.

Why is your back hurting? Deads/squats?

5. Jason

Jason Nurse?

This is brilliant. Anyone posting about some new diet, or way of exercising, or i do this and this and this will work for you.. listen to this.

Train till the point of throwing up, then carry on, then go back the next day. THIS WILL WORK!

Good luck with the fight, sounds like your in great shape for it. Bravo :)

6. adi778

adi778 Member

i might aswell join in i have a goal of loosing weight and generally fitter anyone used kettle-bells? that's all im using and i have lost about 13 kg since jan 1st so happy with the results so far and +1 on legs goblet squats and lunges and a beasting on there own is there any bigger guys on hear? or smaller ripped people?

7. drift-bitch

drift-bitch Member

Haha I'm not sure I'd advise it. Feel bit disappointed in myself as I've missed training tonight. I'm so tired and it affects my job, decided to have tonight as a rest day then train hard again thurs night then do two hours of training and tabata on Friday eve.

With regards to the last post, I'm going to start using kettle bells in the next couple days! Ill let you know how I get on! Currently shredding my fat before my fight then hoping to reach target weight in muscle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. kam

Sorry?!

9. adi778

adi778 Member

im a big guy like i said 120kg down to 108 so 12kg sorry but yea all i ate was takeaways and oven food and fizzy suger drinks now only water and tea with no suger and normal meals power walk and somtimes jog no running and shitloads of kettlebell exersizes low rest periods to keep my hart rate up it feels awsome 2 lbs a week was my goal and i have basicly hit it i am slowing down now wich is ok btw i am seeing a doctor aswell im not killing myself lol

all the abouve daily about 1 to 2 hours no i dont have a job atm but i did in dec and will do in about may june time again it was all part of my life plan it needed to change so i am with help thou ie fam ,docs and employer

#729 adi778, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  10. kam

Sorry I read that as 13st!!! Must have been tired :wack:
    Congrats on the weight loss, hell of a lot :)

11. JulesS14200

JulesS14200 WORKin it!

Yeah I've seen a guy sit on top if the leg press for extra weight. It was mildly stupid and dangerous which is why it wasn't youtubed, however it was comfortable for them and much less dangerous than me attempting to press with 45kg DBS, that shit would not end well!

12. JulesS14200

JulesS14200 WORKin it!

Warrior! I wouldn't have attempted the gym for at least 36 hours after an effort like that!

13. kam

Completely forgot to get a video too, I'll get some this weekend :)

14. JulesS14200

JulesS14200 WORKin it!

Well after my wise words of yesterday I've got legs with my PT in an hour and a hangover. A chance text ended up with me meeting an old mate for a quick pint and ended up round his drinking k cider till 3am. This could end badly....

15. el_bandido

el_bandido Member

K cider is fucking horrendous. Last time I drank K cider, I ended up passing out in my kitchen in a puddle of fruit juice, then my brother grabbed my legs and used me as a mop to clean up the mess. Last thing I remember was passing out in the bath tub with the shower on, still fully clothed and stinking of tropical fruits.

Back on topic - Anyone got any experience with high intensity interval training? I'm getting bored of running and want to mix up my cardio a bit.

16. JulesS14200

JulesS14200 WORKin it!

Luckily as I was leaving to go to the gym I got a phonecall cancelling it, he had taken a guy to hospital, unlucky for the other guy. I'm sure I would have puked if I'd done legs. So sacked the gym off and had physio instead.

17. zimm_zimmer

zimm_zimmer Member

Went back today for the first time since my accident 3 months ago and god it still hurts, disappointed in myself that I couldn't do more but i can feel it now so done good, more with a couple of mates tommorow who do a bit of personal training

18. el_bandido

el_bandido Member

Take it easy mate, I managed to turn a 5 month recovery into an 18 month recovery for a shoulder injury because I went back to the gym too soon.

edit: by "take it easy" I mean, don't let former numbers and personal pride get in the way of a healthy recovery.

19. kam

Yep same. Been fighting a rotator cuff injury for about a year. Finally just told myself no and I juse 5kg weights on it now, going to do that for a few months!

20. kam

Did a high rep leg day yesterday, been a while.

10x10 60kg squat
    10x10 27kg ham curl
    10x10 60kg leg press
    5x20 step walking lunges (5kg dumbells)

Strict 1min rest, wasn't too bad tbf, I'll go up to 80kg squat and press, 37kg ham curl and 10kg dumbells next time. BPM hit 160 though, I kept the pace going.