*** harrys low,wide and RB! powered s14 ***

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by haza88, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

Cheers :)

Yeah the engine bay is still candy green, needs a good clean but looks sweet against the black.

I'll get some more pictures when I can be bothered to clean it haha!

2. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

Righto! Hit Lydden yesterday for my 2nd outing in the RBS14 and had a blast :)

Started off trying some flick/weight transfer entries without using the hydro which went pretty well other than a couple of accidental 360 entries one of which I pulled like a bawsss haha (really hoping someone has video)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 months till the next Lydden day, would really like to venture out and hit another track but got a few issues I wanna sort out first. Alignment being the main issue, too much rear camber meant I was doing 5-6mm part worns in 3-4 hard laps which is not good for any seat time. My track rod ends need changing as have a little bit of play in them.

Nothing spectacular planned really, it's fast as fuck even at 0.5 bar it never missed a beat all day and that's what I love!

3. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

Alignment still not sorted however doing Snetterton for the first time tomorrow! :)

4. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

Snetterton went sort of well, besides killing numerous tie rods manji'ing the straight and having a few off road experiences mainly getting caught out by the last left hand hairpin but my god it's a fun track and I literally cannot wait to get back there.

First of all gonna drop down to 225/35's on the front, previously running 40 profiles but had alot of problems with the wheel hitting inner arch on big spins even though its been hammered to fuck already. Plus the Maxxis i have been running are now fucked from dragging it back in the pits after said tie rod bending.

I was running OEM tie rods, which have proved to be pretty weak. So will be going for Tein rod's with some good quality OEM ends.

Also need to sort out my wiring, as I have lost my indicators and full beam flash. Think my problem lies in the stalk as the hazards are working fine and can flick full beam on and it works but will have to investigate.

Oh yeah, has anyone got a S14 wiper linkage spare, mine has worn at the bush on the centre and keeps popping the linkage arms off leaving me without working wipers. Not cool when your on the motorway in torrential rain.....

Will put a couple of pictures up from the day later on :)

5. Hazzles

Hazzles Member

I saw this in Cambridge the other day, didn't I? Looked sweet!
    Edit - and the RB would explain why it sounded so good

6. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

Yeah man :) random detour through Cambridge!

7. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

8. Clive

Clive Active Member

Was good to catch up Glen. Bummer with the tie rods :(

Needs a title change on this thread or something :)

It's nice to see you carried it on :thumbs:

9. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

You sure your electrical problems arnt to do with rubbing into loom, especially if you were having rubbing issues on arch anyway

10. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

Good to put names to faces mate :)

I'm just here for skids, I'd love to say I'm gonna build it mental power and über gay lock but its tried and tested! The only thing that needs improving is me haha.

Just gonna keep it well maintained and ready to shred, after Snetterton it's time to bulletproof shit haha.

11. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

Good shout, something that went through my mind but I have a feeling Harry tucked the wiring through the bay but no doubt I'm gonna check :)

12. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

[​IMG]

Banging photo from James - Lowmileage.

Cheers man xx

13. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

As I'm skint being doing cheap/free bits and bobs to the car until payday.

First of all - sorted out my cloudy headlights with a bit of rubbing compound and some polish.

Before - [​IMG]

After - [​IMG]

Took all of 5 minutes haha.

Indicators are now working fine, a split wire on offside indicator shorted out and cooked the fuse so I went about replacing section of wire and fuse :)

Ordered a white LED festoon bulb for interior light and a cheapy 6000k HID off eBay to try out. Also wiring in a white LED strip in the boot with a door switch fitted as can't see shit in the boot at night.

Took out my wiper motor and linkage too and fixed it. Just need to figure out why my washer pump isn't working now?

#453 Glenbmx, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
  14. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

Slowly getting it back together, half arselly sprayed the inside of the car black, bought a 6 point Apex V3 Cage and fitted.

[​IMG]

Sold my seats and bought two Sparco's just need a pair of harnesses now.

[​IMG]

Sorted out my alignment by eye for the moment, still waiting for payday to get new tie rods and ends then get it 4 wheel aligned.

[​IMG]

Got a freebie Momo 350mm steering wheel, gonna try it out as always had dished wheels but fed up with flexy weak fake shit copies.

[​IMG]

Back together and testing out my £18 HID's haha.

[​IMG]

Washed it for the second time since being painted and headed down to a local car meet, ASR Photography got a few photos :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Already starting to look a bit used, which is a good thing I guess. Wanted to hit Lydden this month but money is tight again this month and want the car to feel 100%.

#454 Glenbmx, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  15. Myrddin

Myrddin Member

Excellent read mate

16. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

:(

Gonna see if I can sort my money situation out if not this may be up for sale soon. Will keep you posted!

17. dingdong

dingdong Member

My inspiration ;)

18. 192_Nightmare

192_Nightmare Member

This car is having a little refresh.. I've started a new thread but pulling it all together now to keep the full history of this car.

#458 192_Nightmare, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  19. 192_Nightmare

192_Nightmare Member

20. 192_Nightmare

192_Nightmare Member

So this is where the car is atm, head off and having a new 1.5mm cometic gasket. It didn't need it as everything is so fresh but until you see it with your own eyes you don't know do you, so for piece of mind it came off.

Tomorrow the head sound be back on..

It's going to the mappers Saturday for a link so it's gotta be all together by Friday!