Tunisia...

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by TomRemoved, May 21, 2013.

1. TomRemoved

TomRemoved Member

Alright all.

So I'm off to Tunisia tomorrow morning for a week, never been before.

Staying in port el kantoui just outside sousse.

Anyone got any recommendations, tips or things to watch out for?

Cheers :)

2. MAGIC RANDY

MAGIC RANDY Member

Getting robbed by the locals
    Getting abducted because you have blonde or ginger hair
    Getting skin cancer because its fucking hot
    Getting sand everywhere as its mostly sand

Lol

Been there before, stick to the resort as its safer but if you go out, take minimal things with you as they like to rob you but it's a cool place
    and the markets are another world, I've got a brass dish on the wall some guy made for us without asking and he wrote my name on it so had to buy it, was ok tho as it was like 2 quid and took him like an hour lol

3. oli_the_thread

As above. You'll get swarmed by the locals, take no shit, and don't let them touch your ladies fufu. I went fucking nuts at one guy.
    They run a tour out to a colloseum from port el kantoui which is ace if your into that sorta thing, far more in tact than the one in Rome. Was a bit let down in Rome after that one.
    Also did a 3 day trip into the Sahara which was pretty ace, had a tour of a star wars set, off roading over sand dunes, rode camels and ate with some local cave dwellers. The bus was tiny and I arrived everywhere feeling like I'd been snapped in half but was a good few days, and some mind blowing sights.

Mostly just watch your possessions though and the traders who won't leave you alone.

4. donkeystyle

donkeystyle Member

Aside from skin cancer, being robbed, kidnapped, having your missus groped, being accosted and forced into buying tripe off locals and getting sand in every orifice... Sounds lovely lol

5. Cades

Cades Member

And if someone offers you camels as a trade for your wife/girlfriend, NEVER accept the first offer.

6. stacky

stacky Family 4door drifter

Been there.... wont be going back....
    The locals were assholes

7. Jasontopp

Jasontopp Member

Dirty shit country. I loved it

8. diamondsink

diamondsink Kyouto Drift

If anybody talks to you all they want is your money or your girlfriend.

9. Brycey

Brycey Member

Jeez people need to chill out!

Me and the Mrs just came back from Port El Kantoui at the beginning of the month, weather was great, hotel was nice, beaches were lovely and everything was cheap.

Yeah the locals come and try and get you to buy, but that happens in all foreign countries. If you wanna buy then barter and haggle, if not just walk away.

10. nissanr34cal

nissanr34cal Well-Known Member

locals are very in your face when in the hsops, but friggin lovely in the resorts. really nice people. However one of the blokes did try and buy my missues off me for 12 donkeys because she was blonde with blue eyes, i played along untill i realised he wasnt kidding

11. Trickysadd

Trickysadd Member

12......I only got 10 for mine :no:

12. Cades

Cades Member

I did say never accept the first offer ;)

13. -sideslide-

-sideslide- "ent it"

and food poisoning.

14. Rhys

Rhys Member

I wish i had know all this before i went last year,as soon as we got off the plain had people snatch our cases off us not taking no for a answer then walked erm 20 foot and then demanding english notes saying coins no good and trying to snatch it off ya and the holiday didn't get any better only worst the place is full off dirty skanky fucking pervs lol

15. TomRemoved

TomRemoved Member

Just got home. What a great place! Hotel was amazing, staff were great, made good friends with a few of them who took us out drinking when they had finished. Locals are friendly enough, they try and talk you into their shops but always accept no as an answer!

Got offered 700 camels for the misses, they wouldn't deliver them to the uk though unfortunately!

Would definitely go back, may even go later this year when it's hotter after Ramadan.

The port is great if you like shopping for the most random of things or sit drinking beer watching the world go by.

Cheers for the strange advice all! ;)