POSSIBLE LOCAL Hampshire/West Sussex Regular Drift Event !! Your help needed.

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Daze, May 30, 2013.

1. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Firstly, hopefully this doesn't go against any Driftworks forum rules? :wack:

This news is potentially BIG if you are in the Hampshire/West Sussex/southern areas and into drifting. I am in talks with organisers of getting a regular drift event arranged, but need your help in this process...

I'm having a meeting soon with organisers of this future potential drift even and showing them 100's of Like's/Comments/Share's showing interest from us lot will go a long way!

https://www.facebook.com/272heroes/posts/596289597070939

If you're in the south coast UK area's, please tell anyone who's into drifting!

More details here when I have more confirmed information!

Thanks!!

2. winstan

winstan Member

this would be amazing so much travelling involved for anyone in the area ive shared/like it good luck

3. halesy

halesy Member

Awesome news daze can't wait to here more if I can help anymore let me know

4. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

i'd message johnJ, Mr Nick, Sam Holt or MJG if you need help with profession people running events.

5. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Thanks buddy!

Thank you mate, I will let you know if any help is needed.

Thanks buddy, noted. Waiting to have a meeting with the organisers first, and will go from there. Have no other news yet, but as soon as I have anything to tell, I'll be sure to update this thread :)

6. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

i'd message them before and ask for advice on what you will need to have to run an event also what most land owners want to hear

more often than not its people without all the info that causes people not to want to rent out the land

not saying you have no idea but I know those guys have a lot of experience and are responsible for a lot of places holding drift events

7. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

That's cool mate, yeah you're not wrong, I don't have much of an idea haha!

Its a little more complex than that though, its all in hand at the moment and I'll see what this meeting brings :) Thanks for the heads up buddy.

8. sx-si

sx-si anti-copy parts

i tottaly agree they've been orginising and running events for like 6 years now

best of luck :)

9. PhillE30

PhillE30 Member

Anything that needs help I would do my upmost to do so!

10. porterracing1

porterracing1 New Member

sounds great nice and local

11. jamesg6r

jamesg6r Member

Great news. Liked and shared on fb. Hope this happens as it would be great for drifting in the south!

12. turbopaul

turbopaul Active Member

This sounds awesome, something this area has been needing for a long time! Look forward to hearing an update. Just need to get myself a drift car...

13. JDM-Ben

JDM-Ben New Member

This sounds interesting, as I may be getting into drifting very soon.

14. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

I'll 2nd that. Went to a drift event a few months back, a first of what was meant to be a monthly thing, supposedly organised by people who know what they're doing.

To be fair, they all had their bomber jackets and t-shirts with the company name, they had their website, their cars with the company name on, etc, but right from the start my thoughts were that they were clowns who hardly knew what drifting was, never mind how to organise an event.

The first event went well, no obvious problems, but I said within the hour I bet it'd never happen again due to the organisers seeming to be clueless and if I owned somewhere I'd have zero confidence in dealing with people like them.

Lo and behold it never happened again.

15. Alex B

Alex B Active Member

I totally agree and have voiced my opinion on random people organising drift events many times.

BUT, he's having a meeting with the organisers, not the land owners, so I'm guessing Daze just needs to explain about a drift event and how popular it would be etc etc, all the things like PL insurance and knowledge of running events, proffesional image etc should be dealt with by the oganisers.

Good luck with it, the more drift events the better.

Alex B

16. silvertop

silvertop der drifte schlag

this sounds amazing, whatever it takes im in!

17. t3nhp

t3nhp Member

Any update on the meeting bro ?

18. PhillE30

PhillE30 Member

Copied

With regards to our post last week about a LOCAL place to drift in the Hampshire/West Sussex area, unfortunately we've had some bad news and we've been told due to noise restrictions this is now NOT a possibility. It's a great shame as the organisers of this event seemed very keen initially.

I can now reveal that the event & venue would have been at Goodwood Motor Racing circuit.

So, the hunt continues for a suitable South Coast UK venue to use for drifting. Many thanks to all the Likes, Share's & Comments on our previous post. This will go a long way in the future, to one day, hopefully bring drifting closer to the South Coast.

19. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Hey guys, sorry for delay reply on this one. Indeed, as above ^^

Sucks so much :( I did email them again after that was sent to me asking for any possible way it could be rectified, but unfortunately its a no.

The search continues for a southern UK venue.

20. t3nhp

t3nhp Member

Has anyone looked at the ford air strip? Located near bognor regis they hold markets and carboots on it three days a week so otherwise unused. In a semi remote location with tall conifers surrounding that would help restrict noise. Downside is it is concrete so eats tyres :rolleyes: