Southwall Smokers Lydden Hill Drift Day 22nd June

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, May 14, 2013.

1. leeturbo387

leeturbo387 Member

:thumbs:Awsome as always Lez come rain or shine and even took my 14 year old daughter out and shes hooked ,Brilliant day ,And mediocre afternoon ,STILL coughing up the smoke now ,Yes to extra day aswell:smokin::smokin::D:D:D

2. FreddieS

FreddieS Active Member

Found out how not to initiate into devils elbow.

Wrote the car off.

Good day, great recovery and good marshalling in the group I was in.

Best get another E36 before August then.

3. helmet421

helmet421 Member

had great day first skid day an loved it the marshalls had there off moments waving us on too track straight in too on comin traffic lol

4. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

yer I saw that too, I was up in the office at one point, so we go on the radio and the drivers we saw were spoken to, One guy was actually removed from the day for continuing to do it after being spoken to, so a reminder watch for the flags people it will be you that loses out and you'll be having an early day.

5. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

Great day, run smoothly and well..

Just one thing.. Put the marshals in a better location mate, especially the one who stands on devils elbow (1st bdc clip)

He needs (or additional person) to stand on top
    Of bank on the inside clip so it's easier to see.. Where he stands now above gravel is not clear enough IMO.. ;)

6. DENZIL

DENZIL New Member

Some Cock in s14a smashed into the side of my s13! When yellow flags were up!!! Great day other than that.

7. stichy

stichy Member

Had great day. It was pure class.
    But the Marshall in the tent on the hairpin was a waste of time. If you span after the apex you could see who was coming round the corner so you just had to hop the was space to turn round.
    I had a close call with a black s15 there when id spun out. He could at least give you a clue if its clear.

#67 stichy, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  8. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

had a good day. decided to bring my 32 instead of the 34 as it owes me about £100, so went out with intention of trying to kill it. did just that. was down on power all day and eventualy something rather drastic in the engine let go in the afternoon. had good fun though.

now the negative, think theres just too many cars/people that cant drift to a level suitable for lydden hill.

its a big fast track and not the place to learn, its a bit annoying paying £100 to spend most of the day queing up under red flag waiting for someone to be pulled out the gravel, or having to come to a stop on every other bend because someone is grip racing all over the track at a slow speed.

not saying i really know the answer to how to sort it out though as its a tough one.

9. spaniel

spaniel bigballs small brain

Was that you in the black e36 that hit the last clipping point? I came round just as you stopped spinning, looked pretty hard hope your ok.

I also had a few incidents where marshalls were slow or didnt even put flags up, mostly the one on the cut through and the clerk at the pits:confused:. Fair play to them for being out there though it was a pretty shit morning for weather and we wouldnt be there without them

10. stichy

stichy Member

I dont see the problem with gripping. In the dry the I was struggling to drift the back corner so I gripped it to keep my speed up. Just to find a hold up down to Devils elbow.

It being wet in morning helped me alot.
    Great day all in all.

11. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

no problem with gripping at all dude but speed needs to be maintained, countless times came round the back corner to find an almost stationary traffic jam. not what you want to coming round a 4th gear bend

12. OtakuHunter

OtakuHunter JZXBOSS

Enjoyed yesterday, first time drifting an auto, taught me a fair bit, but I'll be manualing the jzx for sure.

Constant yellow and red flags were annoying as fuck though, at times I was following cars entering devils elbow what seemed in first gear at 20 mph and still managed to fucking spin out wtf? If you managed to get a whole lap without a yellow flag being wavered somewhere was a miracle. Also the marshal standing at the cut through seemed more interested in what was going on in his tent than on the race track.
    I know These days try to cater for all levels of skill but please do a couple of pod days first before attempting Lydden! it is very frustrating wasting your sessions because people can't link 2 corners!

13. reeperR32

ive said this before a while a go but like you said what do you do...

i accidentally went into the novice group for my first session (thinking it was inter yellow) and all i can say is, how do you learn as a beginner... spins and stopping throughout the track, think i managed to skid one or two corners in the whole session...

you will learn alot more at somewhere like pod ill still say now ive experienced both..

inter (same as your group ^^) wasnt much better but alteast it flowed slightly better...

i went out with my mate (350z) in pro group and it flowed amazingly well as youd expect i guess... next time im going back in there.. only came to inter to twin with my mate...

biggest problem i saw was too many drivers not knowing what to do once they have spun on a fast track... forcing some people to go into gravel because of there dangerous maneuvers.. another reason why pod is good as you learn that on the edc track there...

this is all my opinion but having experienced lydden hill in ALL groups now id say i have a fair idea..

initialJ - i have some footage of when i was chasing you and that s13 (not sure if you knew i was there).. when i get some software sorting ill stick it up ;)

14. xborninthefightx

xborninthefightx JZX BOSS

Was a great day even with the rain, but way too many cars out at one time and too many drivers in the intermediate groups that cant link 2 corners at a time and driving way too slow.
    If you looked at the experienced group and how well they all kept a space between each other even when someone would spin.
    Yeah the marshalls on some of the corners could of done a better job at times as they wernt yellow flagging when someone would spin out.
    Also people not letting a car turn around once they have spun was also waying everything down.

15. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

I saw that he had a smashed rear quarter, he over took us just before devils elbow then almost look liked he was trying to undertake you inbetween white barriers. What a bellend!

16. Momanatorz

Momanatorz Member

17. Clive

Clive Active Member

Marshall at the dummy grid was useless on more then one occasion.

It's probably due to them not being able to see over the hill of paddock bend...

Great to see Lydden coming down on guys point blank ignoring flags.

Wall into devils elbow was shocking, needs to be one continues wall.

Great to watch, very entertaining. Cheers to Lex for the passenger ride and linking the top corner in devils elbow. Mega fast!!

18. FreddieS

FreddieS Active Member

Yeah that was me, completely whiped the car out, im sore as hell but will be fine, probably hit it at 50-55 odd as was going in hard to try and get back to where I was last time entry wise.

19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Member

was a good day out shame about the rain, got to say some of the people in my group were going way too slow but at the same time some were going way too fast. was happy with the day for the most part.

does anyone have a list of all the photographers that were there ?

20. reeperR32

how can you go way too fast lol ... unless you mean coming in to hot and spinning lots.. but even then?