Southwall Smokers Lydden Hill Drift Day 22nd June

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, May 14, 2013.

1. FreddieS

FreddieS Active Member

Personally think the groups are fine as they are.

The inters group I was in flowed nicely, until I smashed my car thought it was quite smooth, didnt go out after that but meh.

I was in nov group in feb, was absolute shit, slow ass driving (like in the video with matey overtaking, I wanted to do that to get a clean run but never happened) if thats how they want to learn fine, let them, doesnt affect anyone else bar nov group.

I was in int april and this time, both events flowed far better with only one or two sessions being red flagged (once to a BDC pro driver (sorry toby)) and once because I put my car into the walls on the entry to devils. recovery was swift and personally thought the flags was fine, except half the time I could see the spin/crash so didnt really look at the flags.

2. Chimp

Chimp Member

5 groups all with 25 cars???

3. Chimp

Chimp Member

???????????

4. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

5. Chimp

Chimp Member

Surely keep it to 100 but have 5 groups of 20 would be logical to run?

6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Member

would love this

7. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

When u do extra hours at work do you get paid?

U cant ask the marshalls to do more hours without being paid to do it either. We also would need extra staff to manage the paddock
    The extra money has to come from somewhere unless we raise the price to have less numbers per group but then everyone will whine about that instead

8. MW99

MW99 Member

There will always be unsatisfied people mate.. I love the Lydden drift days! My personal opinion, keep it to 100 cars, 5 heats with less cars as the traffic jam into the elbow even in Intermediate is annoying! and bump the price up. Less cars, more seat time makes sense :)

9. Clive

Clive Active Member

Lez, with these numbers there will be no extra staff required, everyone one gets quality seat time, not all about quantity.

Currently it's a 45min wait for the next session..

With 5 x 11min sessions its a 44min wait

Safer, better flowing track with quality seat time.

Lydden are finding it hard to manage 100 cars, I'm not sure how they will cope with 125.

Lydden IS NOT FOR NEWBIES!!!!! Or mx5's for that matter (unless its raining...) it was last year, when 40-60 cars... But not now. Call me a cunt all you like.

10. Chimp

Chimp Member

Agreed with Clive. Most people don't stay out the full session unless its wet. 125 drivers will be a massive joke. Sign on is bad enough with 100

11. Chimp

Chimp Member

I also agree with Clive about lydden not suiting beginners. Yes it may be local but just because its close to you means its a good place to go skid. Go to pod, you will get more seat time, learn more and not get in the way. Last day on the 22nd the groups were a joke. I was in inters and there was still Queing into the bdc section. I also feel Pro group shouldn't be just if you think your good enough. It should be licenced drivers/drift taxi drivers.

12. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

Nout wrong with MX5's! I'll learn you that Clive ;)

13. Slamz

Slamz Member

125 drivers will be too many. I think the groups need to be 'policed' better too, the last Lydden day I went to I was in novice, and didn't get a lap of the track without a yellow/red, and I was getting pissed off with people slowing down to a crawl into the BDC bit, coming around the long bottom corner in 3rd fully sideways to find a car doing about 15mph is bloody dangerous, it's a race track, speed up! Fine if you can't enter the BDC corners at silly speed, but that doesn't mean you slow down a whole straight before them! Now I only span twice the whole day, and can happily hold a drift around every corner at Lydden (I know, nothing special, but I'm a noob) but I don't know how 'good' I need to be to progress to inters, but judging by the comments, there's worse people than me that have moved up lol.

14. Clive

Clive Active Member

Yeah.

It was shit.

But you was awesome in the s14.

15. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

Retretretret go chew Chimp off!

16. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

125 people? fucking hell man thats a bit insane.

im pretty sure the first days didnt have half as many drivers and they still covered track costs? sounds a bit like whats happening is what always happens with tracks, they keep upping the numbers to squeeze money out of us and end up fucking the days up and shooting themselves in the foot. think there needs to be a comprimise

17. stichy

stichy Member

125 is way to many cars. I thought you were talking about 5 sessions still with 100 cars.
    Thats nuts. And youve got places like pembrey and Snetterton doing alot low numbers and still making it pay

18. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

Ban all cars under 200bhp, power is what you need to skid Lydden not speed or momentum...

19. Phil-Me-Up

Phil-Me-Up Member

Lol how about all the people with problems with lydden or "low powerd cars" not go to the next one, that way there are less cars and the pad is full of nice people :) rather than bitchworks best :)

20. Slamz

Slamz Member

Fine by me. :p