Southwall Smokers Lydden Hill Drift Day 22nd June

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, May 14, 2013.

1. spaniel

spaniel bigballs small brain

I dont think you should make the sessions any shorter, i filmed 2 full length sessions with red flag and they wer only 12 min. Fair enough you lose sometime geting off the track but if you make them shorter it wont be worth going out.

Its a shame open pit lane wont work as that was fun

Also i think 25 cars on track is fine. Just give each other a bit of space and it shouldnt be a problem, but personally like a bit of close driving and dont mind the odd dent, thats just me though my car isnt as pretty as others out there

#181 spaniel, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  2. Momanatorz

Momanatorz Member

Sarcasm right? :p

125? I won't be coming anymore, the pits are already a packed fuckfest. no room! Gravel is not nice to jack a car on!

3. Momanatorz

Momanatorz Member

Open pit lane is best... No beginners (every corner spinners/SLOW). Simple!

4. stichy

stichy Member

I think you always need beginner's. Without them the sport will stop growing. And its easy for people who are capable drifter to forget how hard it is to make the jump from play pens at pod to a full on race track.

5. Phil-Me-Up

Phil-Me-Up Member

[​IMG] Originally Posted by Glenbmx [​IMG]
    Ban all cars under 200bhp, power is what you need to skid Lydden not speed or momentum...

yeh he was taking the piss lol

6. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

Why don't lydden hold a beginners day and a advanced day..

See how beginners sign up cos I know the advanced would be sold out with 100 drivers..

7. Rhys

Rhys Member

Lez if ur doing 5 groups and 125 cars will we all still be able to get 7 sessions 15mins long ? and if u have to park everyone to rescue a car does the time it takes to recover them come out off our 15 mins drifting

8. Phil-Me-Up

Phil-Me-Up Member

I dont see why evey1 is h8ing on beginners lol they have there own group just leave them to it. gota start somewhere and b4 all the "yeh but not at lydden bollox" all of the guys i skid with have ALL done there 1st days at lydden and can now have it all up... skidding a track makes u learn harder and faster rather than doing doughnuts round a cone ect...

9. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

good! then we might be able to actually get on to a track and do more than two corners without red flag going up!

i did the open pit lane day. i thought that was much better, as by mid afternoon everyone had run out of tyres and the track was empty.

up to the organisers but id suggest trying the next one as an open pit lane, with slightly less cars.

if it doesnt work, then it doesnt work. but worth trying.

10. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

don't have a definitive answer for you at the mo, i'll have to go over to lydden and look at how the day is planned out, we'd gain around 2 hours of track time so i'd like to think it wouldn't effect the recovery. Its not set in stone yet just something willie suggested.

problem with open pit it would have to be advanced only as you can t have the different levels of drivers out on the track at once. maybe the extra date we could look at doing this but it only works if there are there numbers to support the day.

11. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

Thank god someone clocked on haha!

12. *~BEX~*

*~BEX~* New Member

i think a lot of people would be happy with paying more money to have less cars on track! simple really! up the price to 150 and have 17 cars on track???

snetterton was awesome didn't matter what xp you had they only let about ten cars on track at once and they spaced you out! so any spin or slight mess up didn't matter, not sure why lydden just let the whole group out at once, if they let people out one at a time with some space in between the whole thing would flow better in my opinion,

also 24 cars on such a small track is silly, novice will obviously have people spinning and stuff its to be expected, so if you book in novice don't be surprised lol.

also bit annoyed to find that spectators are now being charged ten quid!!! whats that about? went to the last grip day and its free entry and hardly anyone there at all? seems drifters are being penalized,

being a local lass to lydeen i've always found it nice but since getting into the drift part of it im not so sure, my uncle has worked at lydenn for years (Keith Maxwell) he doesn't work there anymore unfortunately otherwise i would voice my concerns to him to pass on. just don't want to see lydenn messing up with what seems to me to be greediness!

13. emil_b_g

emil_b_g Member

125 is too many cars and will be a hectic drift day.

I don't mind paying extra for more seat time and less cars.

Have the extra date advanced only open pit lane capped at 60 cars at £120 and i am sure that would be a popular event.

Advance group guys only last 6 mins on track since they run out of tyres and the que will flow really nice.

14. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

^spot on idea

15. Clive

Clive Active Member

Errr, ill spot the obvious.

60x120= 7200

100x100= 10000

But they want to make more remember :thumbs: or it would just be kept at 100 cars.

16. spaniel

spaniel bigballs small brain

Everyone keeps saying have an advanced only day, but there is more intermediate drivers at these days. So what sort of skill level would you let do these days?

As phil says everyone has to learn somewhere so why not at there local track? At least they have their own group, if you dont want to be put in that group then book early.

It would be good if they could run 2 days of open pit lane. 1 day for novice/inter and the next inter/advanced but i cant see how lydden will fit that in, unless it was sat and sun. I doubt that would happen though so we are just gonna have to find a way that works for most people.

Also arent snetterton able to run cheaper days as they have an event on at the other circuit? I might be wrong but i think i read that somewhere

#196 spaniel, Jul 1, 2013
  17. Bzh kevin

Bzh kevin Member

open pit lane session if this make sense .

something like 1 hour open pit lane for a beginner/inter group and the next hour for an inter/advanced and so on .
    People can burn a set of tyres change them and come back for an hour a the time ?

I don't know if people would like it . just an idea .

18. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

I've mentioned that before, gives you loads of seat time. No rushing about it you have problems with your car to make next session.

19. Bzh kevin

Bzh kevin Member

sorry I probably missed your post, but it sounds like a good idea:thumbs: .

It would probably help to reduce the number of cars on the track as people enter and leave the track over a longer period without having to wait longer between each session .

#199 Bzh kevin, Jul 1, 2013
  20. emil_b_g

emil_b_g Member

When i mean advance drift day i do mean the intermediate as well no begginers sort of thing