DWYB Weds 3rd July - Beginner and Advanced Drift day

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Lex, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Rads_s13

Rads_s13 DWYB & DRIFT TAXI

glad everyone was happy with the day.

One thing for people trying to twin though, cutting the corners of the track and mowing down cones to keep up with the car in front isn't twinning properly, if they are on a shallow or tight line then stick to their rear bumper don't try and be on their door. Thanks :)

think of the others out in your group if you spread cones all over the place they can't see the track or there are then cones in the middle of the track.

#61 Rads_s13, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  2. Nas

Nas Member

I don't have pics of "that" run. But I did have my camera rolling when I was chasing you in my S13! (I was the driver of that pink S13!)

Unsure if the video will be any good, but I'll check it out!

Aside from my short-shifter going retarded (if you saw me stopped for prolonged periods of time on track, that's because I couldn't get into gear!) all in all it was a pretty awesome day!

#62 Nas, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  3. Nelly

Nelly Member

One of the best days this year I think. Lots of old faces and some newbies. The next one seems so far away :cry:

4. lozza

lozza ChickFoot FTW!

Had a great time yesterday doing some marshalling and drifting in the ole bouncy E30! I've missed the friendly DWYB atmosphere :)

Hope to be back more often now!

But it's good exercise for you :) lol

Your E30 was cool, i wanted to come out and chase you guys around but every time you were out i was marshalling lol love the wheels :nod:

5. Rads_s13

Rads_s13 DWYB & DRIFT TAXI

That's not the point lol :p

6. Piercy

Piercy Skid Skid Skid.

lol, i remember chasing the BMW estate down and having cones spat at me (think they was already on the track though, not his fault :D). Watching the vid back i think i hit 1 or 2 on the top bend running shallow (think i missed one and caught the other :(, tried dragging it out on the HB but let off before the next bend) sorry :euge: .. I got some vids ill chuck em up later / tomorrow.

7. Will Browning

Will Browning Member

Fantastic day, perfect numbers and little or no queues on the playpens whilst the top track waiting times were also perfectly reasonable.
    We had the bright yellow MX-5 with a horrible torsen diff and also the black E36 328i Auto which is on hand controls.
    Myself, Tom Gibson and Chris Pickford all work/volunteer for Mission Motorsport, where we take soldiers and service personal injured or effected by military operations on various motorsport events. For our part we take the guys drifting.
    You may have seen the auto doing pretty impressive donuts and figure 8s in the playpens, chances are that would have been Lionel, single leg amputee who was blown up in Afganistan. Not too shabby for an auto!
    Thanks to anyone that gave rides to our guys, your kind assistance was greatly appreciated! We are at Pod most months and have been all year so if you see us about and would be willing to help out or give them rides just give me a shout.
    More about us can be found here Mission Motorsport

8. BMWsean

BMWsean Member

haha cheers, shame u didnt get out with us, got some new wheels today lol
    [​IMG]

yeah was great twinning with you in the blue s14, saw you takin pics, i was laughing haha, great day

9. Piercy

Piercy Skid Skid Skid.

Silver BMW Estate comes in about halfway...

10. Forshaw

Forshaw Member

Should have bought a 325 with the m50!!! lol

11. REDTOm

REDTOm Member

Cones were on the track when i hit them in the estate, not the end of the world they managed to get wedged in my arch and spat themselves out at random times

12. REDTOm

REDTOm Member

Cool video by the way, smoking lovely

13. Piercy

Piercy Skid Skid Skid.

yeah thought as much :D

14. Guy B

Guy B Member

Had a brilliant day, one of my favorite drift days so far, met some really cool people. That M5 sounded superb. Below is the best pic of me from the day, nice work Blackett

[​IMG]

15. Wackojacko.

Wackojacko. Member

Got a video saving now of various footage from my GoPro....

Also another great pic of my car by Blackett....
    ][​IMG]|

16. samdrury

samdrury New Member

Guys, where can I see the pics from blackett, I can't seem to find yesterdays event on their website?

17. Piercy

Piercy Skid Skid Skid.

Don't think they are up yet but search for a "blackett 2013" thread. They will appear there

18. dori supra

dori supra Member

fantastic day had fun in the mx5 ferst time out in it after the bmw

19. jayz

jayz Member

Looked like you all were having fun. Head gasket went on the way up. Trailered in with the green angry s13. Did 5 laps of the big track anyway and nailed it. Wish my car was working as I think I would have been pushing hard in third by the end of the day. Hope someone got a pic of me on track even if it was only 1 run ;-(
    Head off and sent away to be skimmed and new mls gasket ordered.
    Will be back with the car fixed soon.

20. LostKen

LostKen Member

Awesome, can't wait to see the footage :) I need to practice more on twinning.
    Overall it was an amazing day, thanks for cutting tickets on gate, the number of cars was just right.