Southwall Smokers Lydden Hill Drift Day 22nd June

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, May 14, 2013.

1. spaniel

spaniel bigballs small brain

I said about this a while ago but no one seemed interested

2. Chimp

Chimp Member

Anything should happen BAR 125 cars...

3. Phil-Me-Up

Phil-Me-Up Member

4. spaniel

Thats gonna be kaos in the pits. The extra 25 cars makes £2500 surely it cant cost that much to work through lunch and a couple of extra hours

5. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

Have a little faith people, so many said it will never work at lydden or it wont last, a year later and we don't have enough spaces on the days and people are crying out for more days.

Theres actually only 24 cars per group and there always has been, so removing 4 cars from each group wont make any difference.

Ive already said it they way that people use the track which is the problem, things like everyone setting off at once and not creating a gap in the first place, when some one spins out no-one wants to let them turn around which then keeps the yellow out for alonger period of time the 1st or second person behind the spinner should be allowing them to turn around and get going again so the rest of the group doesn't get the yellow flag, people slowing down on the exit of chessons for no reason, If your a lot faster than the person infront over take him on the main straight in a safe manor so your not getting stuck and causing a que, if there is a que behind you allow the faster cars to pass rather than holding the whole group up, Don't book into the wrong group in the first place These are all things that the drivers should be thinking about which would improve the days & your seat time.
    I actually think spiliting the groups up more will help, people should then be in the correct groups.
    Its the paddock which is my main concern but if people move the trailers/cars/vans that aren't being used out the way & there mates don't park in the paddock (like you paul at this event weren't skidding in the morning but parked next to the snack bar) and we get ourselves more organised it will work, some of the events they hold have more than 125 cars and they all fit into the paddock.

6. Chimp

Chimp Member

I had all konrads tools in my car and I'm sure I weren't the only one, more spaces is gonna be putting more people off. Just leave it the way it is. Don't wanna miss out skidding book earlier simple.

7. lezbrucelee

haha I knew you'd bite, your right you weren't the only one.
    Its more about splitting groups up further to try and get a even spread of skills. We're gonna try and put together a lydden licence as will which will state what group you belong in so no one is out of place, it will have your driving licence number on it and lydden will keep those details on file so we can speed up signing in as well.

8. Natural Biker

Natural Biker Member

TBF if your an Advanced or even intermediate driver in the NOVICE group STFU! Your fault for not BOOKING EARLY ENOUGH. Stop complaining you cant come screaming round the big corner and be faced with slower cars. WTF did you all expect. BOOK IN EARLIER AND GET THE RIGHT SESSION. Policing the groups better would be a big answer.

Swapping people from inter to beginner inter advanced etc. WHY have obvious slower/faster people in the wrong groups. THAT will cause an accident, like it has before.

Try running the day properly. OH and the guy that waves people onto the track at the start (who also does the lame excuse of a whispered briefing.....???)

LOOK AT THE FUCKING TRACK WHILE YOUR DOING IT YOU LAZY INCOMPETENT PRICK....ill upload the video soon of him waving cars on, not looking (while sat in your car you cant see what's coming until your past the wall...) and obliviously waving me onto the track infornt of other cars. Luckily, i have the sense to be a bit fucking cautious. I felt like getting out and slapping him good telling him where he should be looking ffs..

Yes they do it for free, but wtf, doesn't mean they can be negligent in their duties now does it. Do it properly or DON'T VOLUNTEER!

Rant over.

I wont attend with 125 cars, thats full retard.

Sort the groups out, with how its run now, make the groups more definite. Not 20 Novices 2 pro's and some Inters in the NOVICE group. Its just asking for trouble..

Also, have some more people at sign on. TAKES WAY TOO LONG!!! It will take half the time with another person or 2 just getting through everyone. Wouldn't be too hard would it...

9. Phil-Me-Up

Phil-Me-Up Member

**Claps**

10. Chimp

Chimp Member

But running 100 cars over 5 groups will give that even spread of skill levels.

11. Rhys

Rhys Member

lydden is such a good track to drift its just a shame its being ruined by not wanting to turn a few people's money away
    so if 125 cars sell out what next 150 cars ?

if use need to earn more money just put the price up as 90% off us have said we would rather pay more than loose seat time

I dont know off any driver that thinks 125 cars at the next event is a good idea all its doing is putting people off !!

12. Slamz

Slamz Member

If only it was that clear cut. I was in the novice group, on my first drift day, and being held up by people exiting at fuck all mph for no reason what so ever. If you can't drift the whole corner, fine, but that doesn't mean drive around it, in the middle of the track, at no speed.

I agree 125 cars will be ridiculous, and I'll be looking at Snet as a better option as I don't think 125 will run very well at all...

13. gouwy

gouwy Member

no, he's not LHD man... LHD man knows the difference between guys and gays.
    gays are the type that go to lydden in an MX5 or go there to drive laps without having a skid.
    guys are the type that run open pitlane events!

14. Chimp

Chimp Member

More important than all this wank is when's the August date going up?

15. spaniel

I think we should give lez a chance to make it work. The main thing is we need a decent briefing that everyone can hear and explain what lez said above to keep the traffic moving

16. Phil-Me-Up

Phil-Me-Up Member

If they moved every1 round to the carpark bit of the office and used the pa would be alot better as could here fuck all at the briefing, i know its all common sense and about 99% of people should know what the flags mean, but its pointless having a briefing if only 1 person next to him can hear him.. also the flag person on the pit wall needs to be awake in Aug as saw alota near misses ect because no flag there (i know there is one half way round the corner but people start there line before the corner)

17. lezbrucelee

I missed the briefing at this event, by the comments i'm guessing they didn't use the speaker system again then. I was on the understanding it was gonna be fixed by this event.

Once we have decided what were going to be doing for it (4 or 5 groups), so I expect by the end of next week it will be up.

18. Chimp

Chimp Member

4 groups 100 cars ;-)

19. littleT_23

littleT_23 Member

I think lydden should add an extra date the middle of September.

20. Phil2002

Phil2002 Member

I think may be a lydden licence would be a good idea. Have no idea how or when you could do it but may be they should run a qualifying day to make sure you have an idea of how to drift and no what the flags mean for new/novice drivers. I'm sure there are enough people in the pro group that could tell if someone has no idea what there doing against someone who has a rough idea but just needs seat time.