Rockingham Drift Day Sunday 21st July

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Rockingham DD, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

We are looking for the next date to be mid September. This time the circuit will be wet throughout the day. Names down whos interested ???? We are not taking payments yet !!

2. bell

bell Without patience

Hope you got your engine mounts sorted buddy.
    on a side not with regards to crossing the road, why not have the entry/cue to the track on the gravel that was used as the pits and the pits on the other side of the road, would mean far less crossing of the road to get back on track as tire wear was minimal for most.

you could also add signs reminding drivers to look both ways before crossing as it does get forgotten in the heat of the moment.

only other thing that was a light concern was the figure 8 tracks being a cone away from the main track, i know space was a limiting factor but could be one that needs addressing, maybe just have 1 set of 8's as i didnt see many in there after lunch anyway.

3. bell

bell Without patience

why wet? from a drifters point of view wet sucks. understandably if its a noise issue but if its to make it easier for the drivers please dont do it!

4. Will Browning

Will Browning Member

+1

I completely understand if its something that is being forced on you but wet tracks suck, especially artificially wet.

5. LoveLife21

LoveLife21 Member

Totally enjoyed the day on the 21st, the track was great, seat time was great, really good day all in all :) Thanks to all the organisers and marshalls!

I would be disappointed if the next one was artificially wet track. The rain may well do that for us anyway but it seems a shame to waste a dry day's skidding! Obviously if its a condition of doing another event then I understand, but there didn't seem like there was a lot nearby to disturb with noise?

Either way, thanks for a great day out and I will definitely be at the next one :)

6. jankes

jankes Member

7. MSC

MSC Active Member

I'm interested for the next one when will September dates be up so I can book the time off