The fitness thread

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by kam, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Papercutout

Papercutout Active Member

Sweet, I've climbed and it's really helpful there, hadn't realised it'd help quite that much for barbell work though. Did back and chest today, we added in bent over rows (barbell in a floor-mounted tube, weights opposite end) and did plyometric pushups rather than weighted ones.

The difference between ebay chalk balls, and the expensive chalk I have is also huge, seriously grippy stuff! Some gyms complain, but where I am seems fine.

Yup, 21's at the end of arms, and 20 reps of a barbell dipping over each side of the head at the end of shoulders for the last killer!

2. markturbo

markturbo Tarmac scrapper

Yer honestly Night and Day compared to no chalk :D I love doing those style rows, really feels good.

Ahh Cool, any pointers towards the better type to buy? :)

21's feel so rediculous afterwards lol Can't wait to have arm fully sorted so I can train them fully again :) I want 22" arms :D

3. Papercutout

Papercutout Active Member

22" arms? That's madness for me - I'm lucky if I'm much more than a 10" arm!

I've been looking for it, but can't find it anywhere. There's loads on Amazon, but if it appears, I'll let you know the specific one.

They do, yeah. I've just found a guy on Youtube called Elliot Halse, he does a lot of strong mans, and strength coaching, but seems to know his shit.
    Stuff like this:

I gave it a go today as a quick session, but I can't exhaust myself doing it, because of my leg - I just can't put enough weight on to stress myself seriously, without damaging something.

4. el_bandido

el_bandido Member

Does anyone else here eat tuna out of the can as a snack? I'm not sure if this is weird or not.

Can't get enough of tuna in sunflower oil though.

5. chri5

chri5 Active Member

I have been known to do this mate.
    And I do get strange looks an comments lol.

6. tion

tion Member

I used eat tuna out the can before it got so fucking pricey,know i eat sardines out of the tin 35p and about 20g of protein.
    My mate blends his tuna and drinks it..........nice

7. el_bandido

el_bandido Member

Hah, okay as long as I'm not the only one. I've manage to find a place where I can routinely get 4 cans for 4 quid, so it isn't extremely expensive. Not cheap either, but not £8 per 4 pack like the princes packs are in tesco now. Ridiculous.

Anyone who hasn't tried it, can of tuna in sunflower oil, drain about half the oil from the can and mix it up with a bit of fresh black pepper. Tastes amazing.

8. tion

tion Member

Asda value tuna is around 60p ,tesco is 90p

9. FireStorm999

FireStorm999 Active Member

U can get princess on offer somewhere all the time for like 4 tins for 3quid etc......worst case a pound a tin.

10. chri5

chri5 Active Member

Iceland have this offer atm.

11. tion

tion Member

Lets have a protein price watch thread lol

12. Lead_foot

Lead_foot DWYB ConekillR

Frozen chicken breast, It's about £4.00 for 1kg and you get 270g of protein from that.

13. roadkill443

roadkill443 Member

Recently I've started road cycling (picked up a good road bike through cycle scheme at work), I've been surprised how quick I've managed to drop some fat. I still go to the gym but always struggled a little to drop fat quick enough. Clean eating is the other thing for me. As mentioned most supermarkets usually have tuna on offer but when it isn't it is expensive.

14. Develop

Develop Member

Westin Gourmet is the best place for chicken, and all meat tbh, especially when they have offers on, I just buy and freeze.
    The chicken breasts are amazing! They're a really good size, and great value.
    But because they aren't water injected they don't shrink, or release a load of crappy starchy water when cooked, so your actually getting the equivalent of two supermarket chicken breasts per 1 westin gourmet breast, which is even better value :thumbs:

15. Scott.F91

Scott.F91 Member

I'm halfway through 'insanity'.
    60 day programme, 6 days a week. Intense cardio workout basically. Been following it religiously so I'm quite proud of myself as I'm not a real gym bunny if I'm honest lol

16. akaminidriver

akaminidriver Member

I'm the same as roadkill I ride my road bike 40 miles a day back and for work some track riding and rugby training and i went from 19st 10 to 18st 2 (before you all think I'm a fat fuck I'm 6'5 so I'm never going to be 12 stone) in about 3/4 months with out cutting out any shit in my diet. One thing to bare in mind with cycling is spin a high gear ir will burn fat better lower your hart rate and not stress your joints as much aim to hit about 70rpm with your legs

17. DamonS13

DamonS13 New Member

Nice to see some lifters aside from drifters here. I love to work out as well but I never keep up longer than a year. The results aren't really noticable which works kinds demotivating for me.. After I stop seeing my progress I can't really get myself going at the same pace anymore. I'm not the type of guy that can hold a diet along with my work. So anyone got some tips for me to get bigger while not really being on a diet?

18. Spence

Spence Active Member

How's that going?

19. chrisyboi

chrisyboi Member

Throwing up this question here, creatine?

Iv never taking the stuff and my mates think this is madness and assure me it's vital when bulking. So what do you guys recommend from personal Experiance? What should I go for and is it cost effective?

20. Develop

Develop Member

Personally I would say yes it's worth it.
    At the moment i'm using 5g of creatine powder in my pre and post workout shakes as it was part of a stack I bought, but I would recommend Kre Alkalyn as it works really well, and you don't have to load/unload either.