The fitness thread

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by kam, Jun 29, 2012.

1. charlieog1243

charlieog1243 Member

im on optimum nutrition creatine its only £15 for a tub I use it in the morning with my shake and in my pre workout shake amino acids are good to keep up too

for the price of it its worth doing just for the sake of it like I said £15 tub is 90 servings

2. markturbo

markturbo Tarmac scrapper

Yep me too, though not had the sunflower oil one before, they do flavoured ones for a quick snack too, had garlic and chilli the other night :D

Same here, I use tablets instead, but def feel its worth it :)

ha ha I suppose we all have our own wierd 'goals' lol will be a while till I get there as only 19.5 at the mo :(

Cheers mate would apperciate that :)

you know what I've always seen him pop up on the side on youtube (under related) but haven;t watched him before, but now watched most of them lol he seems pretty cool. Hope the legs improving.

Just bought a 'slingshot' which is an aid to help overload chest, looking forward to trying that on thurs. Trainings going well ish results are slow it feels especially when nurmerous people you see are on 'additives'.

Hows everyone elses training going?

Mark

3. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

My bench is starting to piss me off, think I need to step back from it I guess....Doing 5x5 on 100kg and failing on the last set but can't improve, thing is I can finish 95kg easy enough, starting to think it's a mind block thing. Going to stick to dumbell press etc for a month and see if that works unless anyone has other ideas?

4. markturbo

ha ha I know that feeling lol, I started doing a few varitations of bench (i.e I do floor press, great way to improve lockout), I 've just bought the slingshot above as a way of overloading on weight.

Maybe move from the 5x5 to 3x3 to start feeling a bit more weight for reps then go back to the 5x5.

Like you say could be a mind thing, do you have a good spotter?

5. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

You mean step it up to 110kg for 3x3 ye?

My spotters good, he can 5x5 110 though so obviously I hate him.

6. markturbo

Yer what ever weight would be pushing you on the last set of 3 :)

your spotter sounds like a bastard lol :) Don't you hate it when someone can do what you wanna do easily, my target is 200kg 1rm and the guy I occasionally train with can do doubles happily with that :(

7. markturbo

Are you doing pause reps Marc? :)

8. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Ye not on that weight though.

200kg is serious man. I don't think I'll ever feel the need to be big enough to lift that.

9. Develop

Develop Member

Are you just keeping on trying 100kg, how many days have you failed to achieve all 25 reps?

10. Develop

Develop Member

I had to read that twice, as I thought you said 200kg 1 arm lol
    Was thinking, jeez how big is he??? :wack:

11. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

I'm having exactly the same problem with squats.

I've just accepted that I'd have to have some proper training/schedule to go any heavier and that's just not me really.
    Legs look big so I'll just carry on doing what I'm doing, I did wanna get to 200kg, but fuck it :wack:

I've dropped my training to 3/4 times a week - chest, back, legs.

I'm at a point where I'm just maintaining back (I only do 4 sets of rows/rear delts, quick workout) and legs, chest I'd like a little bigger so I'll keep hitting that twice a week. Shoulders and arms are taken care of on chest/back days, no isolation needed for me personally.

#871 kam, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  12. markturbo

Ahh cool, I was going to say if you where you could just touch and go rep on the last set.

I tried last week but too much at the mo, but when I drop back to 140 it felt fucking light ha ha :) its not a need to be big just wanna be stronger than I am, like to set goals in weight :)

Ha ha that'd be pretty awesome

13. Minigibbo

Minigibbo Member

Just to add I 5x5 150kg couple of months ago.

5x5 on chains now as I stalled.

14. charlieog1243

charlieog1243 Member

I would love 22s! Ive got to 17s but they haven't seemed to grow for a while Ive started training arms twice a week now so see how that goes I want minimum 18s! lol

15. markturbo

I'm sure you could mate, just takes persistance, and playing around with trainning to try and gain strenght :)

Ahh cool, I do think sometimes I should just go to doing 3 days of heavy compound instead of those plus all the other isolation exercises.

Goood work mate, great weight too :D

Yer chains are pretty awesome, i tend to use them on floor press if using a bar (occasionally use a log)

Yer really want them lol, had to stop training bi's as had hurt left arm doing numerous heavy ez bar curls, have got back into them, bi's are better, tris have really grown, which obviously makes a big difference to size :)

16. Emil

Emil Active Member

I went back yesterday after about a 7 week gap because of fasting and family stuff, quite dissapointed that I lost a fair bit of strength!! Once i'm 100% health wise (stupid cold!) I'm hitting the gym properly, and going to even try doing one of Kam's killer leg sessions!

17. DamonS13

DamonS13 New Member

What do you guys do to keep so motivated? I wanna go back to the gym but I'm too lazy.. I went from fitness to boxing but I don't really liked it. Well it's the intesivety I was looking for but I noticed that my muscless where "shrinking". So I want to go back to the gym to get buff but I jist don't grow! Who can help me with my diet/ workout scheme?

18. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Maybe 4 weeks, I've stopped now because I can't see it helping. I only do chest once a week though, sometimes twice if I go down the gym on a Saturday. Just stuck to lots of lighter reps on there this week along with mixing the grip up a bit, might see if that helps after a bit of time too.

19. charlieog1243

charlieog1243 Member

I didn't get along with the ez bar I used to do it got pretty heavy on it but then started to have wrist trouble which put me out for abit

20. FireStorm999

FireStorm999 Active Member

Ez bar being the bendy one u use on the stand where u sit?

What are people managing on this?

I can do 5x5 40kg and a couple reps at 47.5

Which at 13stone 3 isnt bad. (I seem to have lost nearly 8lbs from nowhere?)

Are people doing more reps on the bicep or what? It seems to be pumped more when i do like 35kg x12 @ 6sets

#880 FireStorm999, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013