The fitness thread

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by kam, Jun 29, 2012.

1. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

Depends what you want really doesn't it!

I guess if you're just powerlifting, focusing on your dead, squat or bench - there's no need for the isolation stuff.
    Wanna make bodybuilding gainzzzzzzzzzz then isolate away!

There's a bodybuilding competition on at my gym soon, everyones cut to fuck and looking like clouds :wack:

2. DRAGONFD3S

DRAGONFD3S Member

Doing 100 reps in as few sets as possible of squats with 2 plates a side, best so far is 25,25,25,15,10.
    Hits my legs so much harder than 4 plates a side for low reps.

3. markturbo

markturbo Tarmac scrapper

Thats very true, though most the big powerlifters at my gym do a fair few assistant exercises for those 3 lifts

Lol like that description ha ha they do look like clouds :D

Awesome might give that a go :D Bet your fucked for the next few days lol

My NEW slingshot arrived (Mark Bell one) its awesome used it yesterday after benching flat normally, chucked the slingshot on, have a sore shoulder so only went to 160 x3 x5 but great to get volume at that weight :)

The strenght shop one I got was too small lol So wouldn't let me touch my chest ha ha I had 200kg on there and was physicall pulling my arms back as well to try and touch my chest, waaaaay to much assistance :(

Body's feeling pretty fucked at the mo, but hols for two week for rest and recop :)

Hows everyone elses training going?

Mark :thumbs:

4. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

I've just started the 12 week " get ripped like the movie stars " men's health thingy

Mate often did it and got seriously goo results after 7 weeks ( 5 days a week twice a day instead of 3 times a week )

I'm in a shit load of pain so I figure its working a the " fitness schedule " the gym personal trainer did for me has done fuck all in 4 months

Progress reports as and when I can be assed

5. charlieog1243

charlieog1243 Member

I keep getting a shooting pain down my forearm and elbow when doing biceps im having to slap ibuprofen gel on while training and im also getting stretch marks around my arm pits and now getting some on biceps which is pissing me off lol

the mrs said for me to se bio oil or something going to give that a try

6. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Mark, how well do those slingshots help long term? I mean obviously they're helping people lift/push more but how well does it help your unassisted lifting in the end?

7. jojo65

jojo65 New Member

Missed training alot. 8 months or so ago i had a partial bicep tear. Took months to heal and still not 100%. Doctor said no surgery needed as it wasn't a full tear. Only just getting back into it now but going easy.

8. markturbo

Be intersting to see how you get along, have you got a link to workout/food plan?

I'd def recommend seeing a decent physio, Never thought i'd be one to go, but really did make a huge difference :)

Yer I've been recommended Bio oil to, haven't tried it yet mind.

I think If used correctly they can be good, great way of overloading, getting used to holding heavy weight/paused reps etc

I'd say its wouldn't be ideal to use all the time, When I've been shown by the guy that benchs 200+ (naturally) he tends to do a decent flatbench workout, then use the slingshot at the end of that :)

Fuck thats shiit mate :( Hope your 100 percent soon, nasty thing to happen.

9. kam

Red Panda muscle ups?
    No problem.

10. kam

11. Jason

Jason Nurse?

From now on im going to base my facial hair and gym attire on this. Just off to do some quad work...

12. Agustin8100

Agustin8100 New Member

I have tried training 2 times, but unsuccessful right at the starting both of the periods due to negligence. As soon as I begin operating I will try getting the gym again, now with some help from products, I have a really difficult time on getting some think about for me.

wheelchair lifts

#892 Agustin8100, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  13. chrisyboi

chrisyboi Member

Sooooooo bulking.

Been on my new bulking diet/ training for a month now and feeling good, trying to do it as lean as possible which is going to be hard but I think the best way. Had a lot of help and input from people in the know abit getting the right diet with the right calories/Marcos and it seems to be working.

Finding the diet completely different to cutting... Iv gone from been hungry most the time cutting, to forcing myself to eat loads of food to the point of feeling sick ( and actually been sick twice ha). Haven't actually weighed myself to see how much iv gained over the first month as I think chasing numbers fucks with your head, especially if you are not getting the results you are wanting. Going to wait until Christmas befor I weigh myself, although looking in a mirror I can clearly see Iv lost a lot of vascularity and my abs have takinga hit (about a 4 1/2 pack now).

Anybody got any tips or things that they think work good? Always happy for new advice and help. At the moment I'm training legs twice a week as in winter legs are the new abs :D they one bit of decent advice iv got Is rice pudding! I fucking love the stuff eat about 2 tins a day ha.

One good thing that has come out of it is I'm hopefully looking at getting sponsorship from a decent supplement company which should help things and be abit less harsh on the pocket, although I will have to start a blog and I'm not sure how much work that is going to be.

14. charlieog1243

charlieog1243 Member

just smash it eat like fuck train like fuck low reps 6/8 but as heavy as you can go.

getting sponsored will be hard its all about having a good rep and followers etc this video explains it all really:

from Christian guzman have a look.

15. charlieog1243

charlieog1243 Member

Doctors tomorrow have had a aching pain on my left side of my stomach just under my ribs hoping its nothing don't think its a hernia as its abit too high but I am no expert so should find out tomorrow

16. markturbo

Hopefully its nothing bad mate :)

I had 2 weeks off on Hols (did a little but nothing major) Was frustrating at first as you wann go straight in and hit the same weights straight away lol :)

But back at it for 2 weeks already now, eating more as really wanna hit some Pb's, as theres some numbers I really want to get, I know it won't be quick but I'll keep hammering away :) had been slimming down a little, so hopefully gains soon :)

Going to actually stick to a more structured training plan, so I can see actualy progress.

Went back to physio last week with arm issue again resting itnow feels better already so hopefully will stay away this time as its been pissing me off, as having to train around it, plus I still want 22's lol

Hows everyone elses training going?

17. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

An internet diagnosis from anyone should be taken with a huge pinch of salt, but that sounds like it could be a Hiatus Hernia (basically high hernia). I have had multiple normal hernia's and an unpleasant operation to have them removed that took me completely out of the exercise game for nearly a year. But I was under the impression Hiatus Hernias aren't often operated on as it's a more dangerous operation. Fingers crossed for you.

18. charlieog1243

charlieog1243 Member

ahh bollocks sounds about right will find out tomorrow will be really fucking pissed if I cant train but cheers for the info and support

cheers dude

19. chrisyboi

chrisyboi Member

I had my third hernia in July, they fucking suck!

Apparently I have a weak tissue wall in my groin which makes me prone to them, so I'm always very aware to be careful when squatting and dead lifting.

Hope it's not the case with you, it's shit wanting to go the gym and not bring able to due to injury.

20. charlieog1243

charlieog1243 Member

I hope its not but signs are there! its a piss take I always wear my weight belt tight! but shit happens the doc will tell me more I will post a reply once I no and thanks