Does anyone want a job? Professional mechanics wanted for a new business in Laos!

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by supernova-dw, Oct 28, 2013.

Tags:
  1. supernova-dw

supernova-dw Active Member

Hi there all,

A very random thread I know and some people will probably think it sounds like a scam etc...But I can assure you it is not!

Anyhow I am from the UK but live in Vientiane, Laos which is to the north of Thailand. The country is very much developing and there is a massive increase in the amount of prestigious cars on the road but no competent garages to fix them, the locals are really very very bad mechanics indeed!

Anyhow I am working with a local business partner to start up a large professional garage, the vehicles which you would be working on would be very high end new cars including Mercedes, BMW, Porches, Ferrari's and Lamborghini's etc... We are after two or three professional mechanics to work for us, all the garage equipment and tools is being purchased now with the idea of opening at the beginning of next year.

If you are interested in working here then please send me a PM with a CV, we will take of a work permit and stay visa, comfortable onsite accommodation will also be included, pay will in all honesty not be as much as you would get in the UK however you will certainly be able to live a very very comfortable life here with it!

The city of Vientiane is a great place to live! There's many great bars, restaurants and nice women ;) If anyone has been to Thailand it is very similar indeed but more laid back.

The work will be in depth and include fault finding, wiring, cam-belts, gearboxes, engine swaps etc... And as I say all on very prestigious cars! We would require you to sign a one year contract.

Anyhow if you like the idea then please PM me.
    Thanks for reading,
    Regards.

2. darrengodfrey

darrengodfrey Member

Damn i wish i was a pro.mechanic sounds awsome!

3. LiamE36

LiamE36 Active Member

Is very tempting.

What do you class as a professional mechanic though?
    You want someone with qualifications and experience?

4. supernova-dw

Yeh your right it is a good opportunity, sorry you are unable to take up the opportunity.

A professional mechanic I would class as someone competent to work on a car at a high level using their own initiative, as it says I am after people who can change cambelts, clutches, engines, diagnose faults etc... All the work will be on very high end cars.

I couldn't care less about paper qualifications, some of the most stupid people I've ever met have had an amazing CV but were useless in real life! PM me and tell me more about yourself please.

5. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

I know nowt about this job in particular, but what I can assure people is this guy isn't lying about being able to live very comfortably there for a fuck sight less money than in the UK.

I know a few people that live out there now and you can live like a fucking king for money you'd be living in a crack den for in the UK, lol.

6. chidley

chidley i like fingers

whats the healthcare system like over there? for instance, im type 1 diabetic, would medication be easily accessible/bought

7. alexevans

alexevans Member

Fancy employing a Building Surveyor ;)

Not so good with cars, but can tell you what's wrong with a building.

8. bandit1

bandit1 Bert Reynolds

PM sent. 14 years experience and Lamborghini trained.

9. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

its def cheap, guy I worked with only stayed in the uk for 6 months while working then fucked off over there for 6 months on the money he earned !

10. LiamE36

LiamE36 Active Member

Wouldn't mind hearing some more details?

What's the deal with getting out there? Do we cover that or do you?

I take it this isn't advised if you got a kid and possibly a mrs?

What happens about tools? I wouldn't think a big tool box would be cheap to get shipped out there?
    They got a snap-on man out there?

And out of interest what is the "accommodation"?

11. supernova-dw

Yes certainly correct! My electric this month cost £8 and my water was 24p!!!! To have my bins collected costs 40p a month!!!! I eat a decent Indian meal most lunch times for £2.50 (Rice curry and Naan) A big beer in a bar is on average 70p :D

The health care system here is in all honesty not great but you can get what you need for sure, it's improving all the time and Thailand is just across the border which has great hospitals!!!!

At current I'm not after a building surveyor sorry but will keep you in mind. If you are a qualified building surveyor I bet you'd get job quite easily here! So much construction going on here and much of it to a very poor standard! Pm me if you'd like me to point you in the right direction.

Thanks for the PM, will reply later, sounds interesting indeed!

Indeed this is possible but always better to be able to earn your money where you are in my opinion, it is a cheap place to live in general though.

No in all honesty I would not advise bringing a child and girlfriend/wife with you.

No we would not cover transportation here I am afraid, I think that if someone is genuinely keen they will not mind paying for an airfare here.

All of the tools will be provided, we will be purchasing everything over the next few months, you will not need to bring anything with you unless you want to bring some personal tools in a bag, there's certainly no snap on man here but the tools will be good quality.

The accommodation will be on sight above the garage, modern and comfortable, bedroom, bathroom, TV, fridge, TV small cooking area (Although I doubt you'd ever want to use it lol)

12. charlieog1243

charlieog1243 Member

that sounds awesome if your looking for an apprentice im there!

13. supernova-dw

Sorry but we really do need people who can walk straight into the job and begin, plenty of people here you could be used as apprentices, sorry about that and thanks for the interest.

14. luckyluke13

luckyluke13 Active Member

Sounds like a brilliant opportunity. I'd be all over this if I didn't have a mortgage and girlfriend!

15. FreddieS

FreddieS Active Member

Goddamit, i'd be all over this if I didnt have 5 cars, a missus and a dog.

The temptation is unreal, want to get away from the UK quite badly.

Whats the language gap like?

16. nos4speed

nos4speed Member

I dont mean to brag about my wealth of experience...but ive changed the headlight bulb on my 5 series twice...when do I start? =D

17. winstan

winstan Member

What's the drift seen like there?

18. supernova-dw

Shame your not able to make it, if situations change give me a PM.

It's fine, many many people speak English and you would never be stuck if you can't speak the language, I've been learning the language and can now have a decent conversation and get by very easily.

If your that experienced then we wouldn't be able to afford to pay you ;)

Nothing much at the moment in all honesty, cars are very expensive here! An E30 BMW Would set you back around £4000! The roads at night would be perfect for some 'streeto' Though as they're really quiet!

Anyhow bump up on this thread overall, quite a lot of interest but nothing really promising so far...I decided to post the offer on here to begin with but if I cannot find anyone I will begin looking further afield to Eastern Europe.

19. supernova-dw

Quick bump on this to see of any potential interest before I begin looking elsewhere.

Could also potentially use a good bike mechanic now...

20. Damien

Damien ~London Folk~

Both me and Kristian (SVK customs) build custom motorbikes in Vietnam, he's in Da Nang, I am in Hanoi... Send me a message with the kind of salary you're offering. It may be enough to tempt one or both of us.

70p beer?! Sounds expensive. 8p Bia Hoi here mate! ;)