Southwall Smokers, Lydden Hill Drift Day, 30th Nov 2013

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, Oct 21, 2013.

1. samueljon

samueljon Member

Doing that left the car like this though
    [​IMG]

Will be back next year in the intermediates!

2. 328BM

328BM New Member

I agree with this unless you have proof that you've done other drift days, or there should be an option there to move people in groups, for example if there is someone terrible in inter/pro group, then move them down to inter or inter/novice

3. bear.

bear. Member

Was my first time ever on track so I booked novice. I did spin a fair few times, but even I got annoyed with so many people going completely off track or crashing and causing the session to be stopped.

The briefing needs to be made more prominent as well. I moved over to outside the office to listen/watch but they started it so quietly in the corner I missed it ! By the 4th session I was mega confused as to whether to cruise or skid with caution on a yellow. This was mainly caused by the fact everyone else seemed to just be carrying on completely oblivious.

All in all a great day though, I'm totally addicted and will be back for the first one of 2014 I hope !

4. Beastman

Beastman New Member

I was in a Black 14a in the novice group yesterday :)

5. Adrian h

Adrian h Member

i noticed there was quite a few loose cannons out yday bad news bout your 14a thou buddy

6. samueljon

samueljon Member

It will be back out, bit of cutting and welding. No engine damage from the looks of things!!

7. bear.

bear. Member

Good news that it will be ok I guess mate ! Looked real bad when I cruised past just after you did it :(

Does anyone know who was taking photos yesterday? facebook links? :)

Thanks

8. samueljon

samueljon Member

Spent too much building the engine this year to bin it!!

9. LiamE36

LiamE36 Active Member

I didn't go to skid this time, just went to watch.

Why was it a tenner a head to just to watch? Was always a fiver before.

From watching it is pretty clear there is an issue with people being in the wrong groups.

10. Adrian h

Adrian h Member

i noticed the prices had gone up tenners a bit steep to watch tbh

11. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

Sounds like you got robbed by whoever was on the gate, first post says spectators are £5

12. Clive

Clive Active Member

I only paid a fiver on gate

13. LiamE36

LiamE36 Active Member

Lydden need to sort out their staff then.

14. COSSIEDRIFT

COSSIEDRIFT Member

To be fair helmet has got enough Lydden days behind him to be in inters. He can link the track fine enter at the top of 3rd etc. Basically he fucked up and shit happens as he has even said himself.

Didn't baggsy roll there too? Guessing he is rocking novice group now too.

15. gav_man_7

gav_man_7 Member

I seen a few drivers being in the wrong group, a system to swap groups would be a good idea but I would imagine hard to manage. When you ring Lydden to book they could be more responsible for group allocation, especially when groups are full, no good a novice being put in the inter group if the novice and novice/inter group are full, they should be put on the novice reserve list (sorry if this is already done).

I agree that the drivers briefing was very poor this time. I wasn't even aware that the briefing had started until i seen a red flag in the air and by the time I had moved closer it had finished.

On a good note I had a real good day and can't wait for next year!!!!!

Also if the track could switch the electric boxes on the night before my sleep would of been a lot warmer.

16. 328BM

328BM New Member

Another thing i thought of, the hour lunch, personally thought it was a bit long? Dunno if i was the only one that though this, but without it thats another session!

17. Charl029

Charl029 Member

It was a good day, even if there were a lot of crashes because people pushed too hard, at the end of the day though its human nature to try your hardest on the last day of the season, but there are no excuses for people ignoring the flags. I saw the same people drifting through red flags over and over again.

Thanks to all the lads that helped me push my S13 back onto my trailer in the dark after my engine had given up. Greatly appreciate the help!

18. Chimp

Chimp Member

The JZX that was inter/pro was all over the place. At least a spin or two a session the worse of which rolled backwards after just as I was going past. I wasn't close behind it but rolling back after a spin isn't cool. Really shouldn't have been in that group. Rest of the day was great. Will be in pro next time as the group didn't run quick enough on entries.

19. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

I don't think naming and shaming after the day really works, if you have a problem with someone or something on the day, best bet is to tell the Marshall's.

#159 Glenbmx, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  20. mikeyce30

mikeyce30 Member

I had a cracking day... I thought the format was better with the 10 min sessions. it went really quick. I was in the pro group and it ran so smooth there was almost no people spinning out and everyone was on it. my only gripe is people really need to take notice of red flags... there was a red flag out and cars were still flying past me while I was slowing down due to it being out. cool day tho bringing out the new weapon out in new year. but the e36 has done me proud lol.....